C Section

Merfairy

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone or has anyone had a c section birth? I have been told I may have to have one, the trouble is I actually don't want a c section and I have read up that you are catherterised as well...the whole things seems dreadful!!

I am so not in to this idea at all. I have read around breech natural births and the risks around this as well.. I may have to have the baby turned in to position, but I have also read they can turn back. After reading on c section birthing I actually don't want to have the baby like this.. I am scared of the whole needle in spine thing as well..

Anyone else breech and in a similar position; please share your experiences.. am starting to feel quite anxious... OMG sooo scared... :oooo:

you do have a catheter, which really freaked me out too, I actually asked the midwife if I could just wee on the bed instead :blush: But afterwards I got to just stay in bed which is what you need to do, I literally just slept while fluid went in the drip and out the catheter, ultimate laziness! ;)

But do remember that you dont HAVE to have any kind of birth, and if youre not happy with things you can change hospital/birthing centre at any point during your pregnancy.

My baby was breech but I didn't know until I went in to labour. I was given the option to deliver feet first but was advised the placenta could stop working and prevent oxygen getting to my baby and could brain damage :( so I went for the section. I never expected to have one.

The catheter isn't too bad, once it's in and your epidural kicks in you don't k ow it's there. It does pinch when it's inserted. The epidural isn't that bad either as they put a local anaesthetic in first.

You do what feels right for you xx

i had a c-section. my son was breech. i had a good experience and didnt feel a thing! i was the same as you and its just not knowing whats going to happen etc. baby still might turn but really dont worry if you do have to have one its not all bad and will all be worth it!

I had an emergency c section with son after 19 hours of active labor, I got to 9cm anyway Remy was brow n got stuck,

I didn't find it to bad to be honest very scary but recovered ok baby was ok so that's all that mattered x u do have catheter n also another thing that did me in was after Avin my son I just wanted to look after him but after the section in was bed ridden for a good few hours so had to ring a bell every time he cried so a mw could come n deal wi him, x

^^ same here, although I was left with the button out of reach. :roll: Curtains were still pulled, I had to shout into the uknown and hope that a member of staff was about to help! I think if i couldve planned/known I wouldve wanted OH to stay to be with me and baby and help out. Probably best to have a section first thing in the morning so your OH can stay a long time!

^^ same here, although I was left with the button out of reach. :roll: Curtains were still pulled, I had to shout into the uknown and hope that a member of staff was about to help! I think if i couldve planned/known I wouldve wanted OH to stay to be with me and baby and help out. Probably best to have a section first thing in the morning so your OH can stay a long time!

Yer I had mine at 8pm n no one could stay with me, x

i had one that was planned (6 hours before) i had a catheter which was horrible right up until the spinal injection then the cathetar went unnoticed for 2 days and i really appreciated having it because there is no way id have been able to get up for a wee!

the whole experience was a bit of a blur for me but i can assure you it was fine! i was well taken care of and everything went smoothly

i haven't had one and nothing has been said about having one but i am also pretty worried about if i do have to. i have never has any form of operation so just the thought of being ut open terrifies me. although i would just have to do what is best for me and baby. xxx

I had one 4 days ago because baby was breech and I was terrified of it but honestly it was fine. I had the spinal which was unpleasant but not awful and they put the catheter in after so I didn't feel a thing. You really need it cos you can't move about for the first day or two but you can't feel it in, and when they took it out if just felt like taking out a tampon!!! Also you get lots of pain relief for your scar and I am still sore now but not so that I can't do anything, I can do pretty much everything for the baby. The main thing to focus on is the baby coming out safely. Mine was out 3 minutes after they started to cut so for the rest of the op I was so mesmerised by her I didn't notice what they were doing!

xx

i thought my c section was amazing, no pain at all,dont even remember feeling the epidural. The whole things quick,the catheter scared me but actually having it was fine,the idea is far worse,i got sectioned at half 1 in the morning and was up and moving by half 9 the same morning much 2 my midwifes dismay lol, it was such an easy painfree experience that ive specifically chosen a planned section for this birth

I haven't had one and am really hoping I don't have to! Weird as it sounds the bit that puts me off most is the thought of the catheter :shock: EWW!! No thanks ha ha Would definitely much rather have as natural a birth as possible xx

Hi, thankyou so much for replies; it has just made me more determined not to have one if I can help it. I am going to try the EVP if baby hasn't turned, I am kinda hoping she has. I am struggling with the C Section thing for sure. Really appreciated the responses; thankyou xxx

Hi, thankyou so much for replies; it has just made me more determined not to have one if I can help it. I am going to try the EVP if baby hasn't turned, I am kinda hoping she has. I am struggling with the C Section thing for sure. Really appreciated the responses; thankyou xxx

Honestly if you know its possibly going to happen you need to get your head round it. I went in to my labour thinking, water birth, but ended up a section. It was the last thing on my mind.

Now having had one I'd do it again! It didn't hurt as much as I thought and the recovery was ok.

Take it from me, understand and acknowledge this could happen and you will have a much better mental recovery after the birth. I agonised for months after having Isla as to whether I dis the right thing and felt I'd been robbed of a "normal" labour. But I would hate myself if I went against the drs advice (see my previous post about the placenta) and there was something wrong with her that could have been prevented.

It's your choice at the end of the day and I'm not trying to change your mind, just hoping you come to peace with yourself that this could happen

Emma xxx

I had to have a c-section (G was feet down so there was increased risk of the cord coming out with waters and him not getting any oxygen) and only found out at 39 weeks, up until the I was all up for a water birth with minimal intervention but it wasnt safe for my baby. The c-section was fine, and I want to say that having a catheter in is not that bad - women poo themselves during normal labour!
Speaking to all the new mums I know not many people get the labour they ideally wanted so I think its best not to set your heart on or against anything specifically, just keep an open mind and remember that the most important thing is that at the end of your pregnancy you and your LO are safe and well.

I agree, we all plan our ideal labour but I've yet to have one as I'd planned and I've got 4 kids!! You must do whatever is best for baby and keep an open mind xx

hellooo...
I delivered my son vaginally who was breach on 5th May. I was booked in for a section on 6th May, as I turned down the option of trying to shift him, but went into labour late night on May 4th. I was expecting a section but at 8cms (they kind of fobbed me off until then waiting to see if i would last until my scheduled section) they gave me the choice of section or vaginal delivery. We decided on normal and it was the best decision we ever made. We went home on the 6th and I'm just recovering from my stitches as I had to have an episiotomy.
I'll type up my labour story now in labour & birth so you can have a read.

I'd choose the decision you're most comfortable with..there are pros and cons to both :)
All the best xxx

wow, well done hunny :yay: sounds like you did really well, Ill be keeping an eye out for your birth story x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back