Just had to do the daftest thing!

charliebeth

Reaction score
I've been sat here merrily typing for however long this evening, and in the background i can here the cats batting something round the kitchen. Nothing strange about that, they have toys they play with and they sound great on the tiled floor.

Then I saw Muppet with something dark, narrow and stumpy, and alive!

One of them had only brought a bloody mouse in!

So while poor hubby was freaking out (wimp) I found an old Chinese take-away tub and caught the poor thing.

Now comes the random part... I got in the car and drove half a mile to find some where to release the damn thing safely!

Why me??

Anyway, Karma came good coz when I got back DH was having to deal with screamy baby alone. He shut up for me *smug*

Good deed done for the day, and still an hour to go :rotfl:

Ewwwww fortunately Ella eats EVERYTHING of the mice and rabbits she brings in (except one kidney which is bizarre) so we only ever have to deal with the odd rabbit kidney.

Alfie brought a bird in the other day through the kitchen window while we were stood in there. It was still alive but Alfie wasn't letting go or coming near us! I freaked out and burst into tears while OH was trying to shoo him out the window again. The stress would of killed the bird anyway as would us trying to pry the thing out of his mouth! I couldn't stand to see it!

The other week i went into the dogs room only to find a blackbird staring at the floor looking so sad! I guess it flew in there and the dogs had played with it. (They did this to my kitten once and it died) Me being a soppy bugger put it in a little box and let it die with a bit of dignity. My OH told me to put it in the bin, but i refused!

My cats are always bringing animals in. One day I heard a sqawking through the catflap as my kitten had caught a bird. I managed to get it off her but it looked like it had broke a wing and would only hop around my kitchen. I phoned a local animal resuce who couldn't come and get it but said if I did nothing it would certainly die.

As my OH was at work with the car I had to take a taxi. It cost me £30 :shock: A few weeks later I found out I was pregnant after 28 months TTC. As I don't believe in karma I found this to be a very happy coincidence! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back