Whats the best thing to do?

Yvonne

Reaction score
Last night i put Jack and Amy to bed (they share a room) Amy was talking to Jack and he was babbling back like normal, then they went quiet so i knew they had finally nodded offf, so i went upstairs to make sure they were covered up and everything.

When i got there Amy wasn't in her bed, she had climbed in with Jack and was lay next to him in his cot! :roll: They had both fell asleep and Jack had his hand on Amy cheek, it looked lovely BUT as you can imagine its not ideal as she could do it in the night while we are asleep and lie on Jack and hurt him.
I don't want her to keep doing it but i don't want to put Jack's cot in our room as he is used to being on his own and i would be awake with his slightest noise.
Obviously the safest thing is the only option (putting him in our room) but would there be an other way to stop it??

She must be spiderman!! lol :wink:

aww that is so sweet! But I know what you mean you dont really want it happening again althouhg it is cute! How did she manage to climb in the cot? Is there any way you could stop her from getting in the cot? I mean did she climb onto something to get into it that you could move? sorry not much help but I hope you find a solution!

that is soooo cute, would have brought tears to my eyes if Dior done that with Harley, im n ot sure what ild do though is amy old anough to understand if you told her that jack is still only tiny and if the cover acually goes over his head that he cant breath

Hiya
Amy obviously likes Jack being in her room so maybe talk to her and say if she climbs in there again you will move him back into your room cos she could hurt him by accident.

She just climbed up the rungs on the side of the cot! :think:

I did try and explain to her that the cot isn't big enough for her as well and that Jack is still only small but she was adament that she was going to sleep with him "to look after him" :roll:

Bless her, it was really nice and it was nice to see that they felt comfortable enough to fall sleep together.

Oh i don't know what to do!

my little boys used to do that i kept my youngest in my room untill he was 1 :shock: and then moved him in with his brother hes only 1 and a half and now he climbs out of his cot so the health visitor told me to put him in a junior bed they grow up to quick.
did you take a picture that must of been a lovely moment before the worry kicked in, bless her she loves her little brother.

xhannahx

Amy is in a bed but with Jack only being 6 months he is ok in his cot, I don't really want to put him in our room as he has been on his own (well with Amy) since he was 8 weeks and he settled nicely, i don't want to have to mess it up.

I'll see how it goes tonight it might have just been a one off thing!! i hope!
What i could do is put Amy to bed first at 7 then when she is asleep put Jack to bed, but it is still messing his routine up.

if it happens tonight i'll decide then lol

what about a cat net she wouldnt be able to get in then?

i no alot of people are against co-sleeping but ild proply let them :?

jacks getting quite big now?

but can the cot hold them both lol?
u dont want to hurt amys feeling :( she must realy love him,

im having similer problems, Dior loves to try and give harley her juice ect and i cant tell her off as she is being nice (she never shares her juice)

Jack is quite big but i am just scared that she will roll over in the night and either cover him or just lie on his arm or hand and hurt him.

It did look cute but it isn't practical really. :(

awwww Yvonne thats sounds sooooo cute! you should have took a pic! lol
I know what you mean though not being practical, but awwwww its so cute!!! :D

Could you try explaining that it's best for her not to get in with him but push the cot and her bed together so she can feel closer to him?

That's so cute and I'm so broody I nearly cried! I like Louise's idea- could you push the bed and cot together, then she can "watch" over him but still be in her own bed?

+++

Didn't think of that!! :think: :think: :think:

Last night she fell sleep straight away so i put Jack up about 20 minutes after Amy went to bed, it was still only 7.30 and they were both in bed so it didn't work out too bad!!

Charlie used to do that.

Ethan even slept in a cot, he hated it, so he went from his basket in to a bed with gaurds on, i used to allways find charlie curled up in his bed at teh end of the evening.

i used to move her but she would just do it again so i left them in the end.

now they are so close, its really nice, they look out for each other all teh time, ethan is younger but he will think nothing of going to sort out anyone in school who upsets is sister lol.

they still sneek in eahc others bed now.

xxx

so do you think i should just leave them then, she didn't do it last night cos she went to bed at 7 before Jack cos she was shattered.

its up to you hun, with me it wasnt so bad coz ethan was in a real bed, will jacks cot hold the weight of them both? plus they are smaller than beds arnt they??

with my two, the more i made a big deal out of something, the more they did it.

but then every child is diffrent so i wouldnt want to say yes or no, its your call hun.

xxx

Well i woke up this morning to Jack screaming, Amy had climbed in his cot in the night and rolled onto him in her sleep and was lay on his arm!!

I don't know wht to do, Taking him out of the room won't solve anything cos she will do it when he goes back in, talking to her hasn't worked.

What else is there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back