Just had the most awful experience of my life

Tanya4beauty

Reaction score
I've just flown to Majorca today and Mia has been a little angel. Hubby put Mia on the bed and she was happy as larry. I said to him be careful and we both had our backs turned for a second and heard the most horrible thud. Yep she fell off the bed :( I panicked and she screamed and screamed. We called a doctor and she's been checked but I am currently petrified to go to sleep :(
She is fine in herself and we kept her up to check like the doctor advised but I feel like the most terrible mummy in the world. Horrid start to my holiday :(

Awe sweetheart :( you poor thing. Daisy Grace fell off my bed on thursday and its a sickening thud I know. Im sure mia will be ok. You on the other hand may need a big glass of something strong and a cuddle. XxX

tapatalking

It's horrible isn't it! I left my baby with oh for like 2 minutes while I had a quick wash, he left her on the sofa while he put some music on and she fell off. She cried abd cried but was fine. I was too scared to go to sleep too. I hope she's ok. Hope the rest of your holiday is lots of fun!! Xx

Ethan fell off the bed not long back as well! He didn't even cry & was all smiles within minutes.. They forget all about it, but us mummies feel guilty for ages! It was only today, my OH was watching Ethan, turned for two seconds to grab the tv remote to turn it down and he fell off the sofa head first and faceplanted laminate flooring :( he did cry this time and has a little lump on his head, but he's fine in himself..
Hope she's okay! Enjoy the rest of your holiday xxxx

I know it's really scary, I actually caught lo mid air while falling off the sofa last week! she just giggled but scared me half to death!

Try not to worry tho as the doctors checked everything

mil confessed to me oh fell from bed to wooden floor half a dozen times when he was a baby (...fil is not very observant apparently!!!) and as an adult he's absolutely fine.

Aww hun do try not to worry now she's been checked over. Almost everyone I know hasvhad tgeir child fall off a bed or couch. They are resilient little things xx

Don't worry - sure lo is fine, just a fright more than anything for you both! I remember when X rolled off the sofa I was distraught, she cried briefly and forgot about it but I felt like the world worst mother. It's just one of those things, try and put it behind you and enjoy your holiday together! X

I hope you all managed to get some sleep hun and the holiday can begin today :lol:

We've all been there or will be there, it cannot be helped and no real harm done. You truly cannot watch them every single second.

Now go have a fabby holiday

xxxxxxx

These babies keep us on our toes don't they!!??

I hope you are OK Hun and as Nat said your holiday can start today Cx

Oh no hon, that must have been awful :( Hope you manage to enjoy the rest of your hols and LO is ok - I think they're more hardy than we think they are xxx

Hi girls, Mia is fine and we've had a fab first day. It was awful and I keep playing it back in my mind but I'm so relieved everything is ok! Ill try to bring some sunshine home! Xx

Great to hear :) enjoy and yes please bring some sun home xx

Awe thats good. Phew. Daisy grace lept of my bed again tonight. I caught her mid fall. They really are like wet fish. Slippery. Nightmare!!! Dont wait to send it back-send for tomorrow please. Xx

tapatalking

My OH left Harry on our bed while he turned around for a second this morning and he crawled off! He has a bright red nose but was otherwise ok! Like the others have said, it happens to everyone, my mum was carrying me from the car to the house in my Moses basket when I was a baby and I rolled out of the basket onto the pavement! Lol x

Oh hun!!! Don't beat yourself up. Toby did the same onto our hard concrete and tiled floors. I turned my back for a second and he rolled off.

She'll be fine, she will forget about far sooner than you will. I remember feeling awful for a while too, but you are an absolutely fantastic mummy and don't believe anything else! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back