Libby will only sleep in the living room!!!

Emmylou

Reaction score
Morning All,

Just wondered if anyone could advise me on how to convince Libby to sleep in the bedroom!

She sleeps in her moses basket, we have it in the lounge during the day and the plan was to move it into the bedroom at nightime. Well since we came home on Monday, she has only slept one and a half nights in the bedroom.

My bed for the last 2 nights has been the sofa :roll: As soon as we carry her into the bedroom she cries, and if i feed her in bed then put her down (usually already asleep as she falls asleep on my boob) she wakes as soon as we put her down. If I feed her in the lounge & put her down she stays asleep!!!

We have tried to leave the bathroom light on with the door open so that the bedroom isn't so dark in the hope that would settle her, but no joy. She screamed for an hour last night until we moved her into the lounge!

Other than this one thing she is a very chilled, contented baby so I;m sure its nothing else thats upsetting her.

Any tips? Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Thanks in advance :hug: :hug:

have u tried leaving a radio or tv on in the bedroom hun, we used to have to do this for hannah as the bedroom was to quite at night

this may sound stupid but do you have a candle or somethin in the livin room that mayb she can smell then when you take her to the bed room she feel safe ...? :?

Mayb you could try puttin her in the bedroom durin the day

hope it helps xxx

you could try putting some breast milk on a t shirt and put it in her basket, she might feel safer with your scent near her :hug:

Mike and I slept on a small sheet 1night cos Jam wouldnt settle in his moses basket then put it in with him the next night and he burrowed his face in it and slept!!
i think she just needs ur smell hun!

Oooh.....good ideas ladies......will move her into the bedroom for a while after her next feed, and will make her bedsheet smell of me............will let you know how I get on!

We've started having the TV off when she sleeps in the lounge so that she's not too attached to it, as on Monday night the MW thought that maybe the silence was what was unsettling her.....so I'm sat in the silence now having a bit of me time, whilst she has a snooze :D

Thanks for the tips ladies.....don't know what I'd do without this forum :hug:

You can get white noise cds from ebay that sound like it was when baby was in the womb, it's really noisy in there so perhaps she'll settle better. The first few weeks are really hard trying to work out what your baby likes and dislikes, it took a few weeks for us to realise Leorah hated the dark and settled much better when we left the hall light on.

On a positive note at least she'll settle in her moses basket! Leorah didn't and I know a couple of other mums have had babies that wont sleep in their moses basket too. I am sure you will work something out really soon, the sheeet with your smell is a great idea :D

have you tried swaddling her, this really worked for luke when he was unsettled and i still do it now. it works most times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back