16 week MW app this morning

clairebear22

Reaction score
Hiya!

Firstly I hope you have all had a lovely Christmas & New Year! :)

I had my 16 week midwife app this morning. All is well except we have discovered that I have Rhesus Negative blood so i'll have to have an Anti-D injection at 28 weeks. Apart from that everything perfect!

We also heard baby's heartbeat which was lovely!! :)

Roll on our 20 week scan!

xxx

Glad everything went well. I have that blood type too which is a bit of a pain but were just special!

Cheers! I've been saying to my OH that i'm special because only 15% of us are rhesus negative! He's positive! lol

I'm not worried at all, whats 1 more injection anyway?! lol

xxx

Hi; what does the 16 week mw appointment consist of? What bloods do they do and were you rhesis negative on your first blood test?thanks; glad all is well xx

Thanks Shauna x

Yes Merfairy the rhesus negative result was discovered after my 1st bloods at my 12 week scan. My appointment this morning consisted of going over what rhesus negative means (anti-d injection), taking my blood pressure and testing my urine, feeling my uterus and listening to baby's heartbeat. That was it, she didn't take any blood from me at all but remember every borough in the country has their own way of doing things. Hope this helps! xxx

Glad all went well :) I didn't get bloods done either but I chose not to be tested for downs, I think they do those bloods at 16 weeks up here, but as Claire says everywhere is different. Also some midwives won't listen for the heartbeat till 22 weeks. My midwife did though :)
X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okay thanks; I have had the downs test as it has to be done between 11 and 13 weeks apparatly Pinky, is all scareuy though eh lol xxThanks Claire, much appreciated. Good luck all x

Here, you have to get the test at 16-17 weeks. Unbelievable how things differ across the country! At my 16 week appt they did bugger all, no blood or pee and they don't do heartbeat until 22 weeks and she didn't touch me or feel uterus or owt.

Aww so I guess we're lucky we got to here baby's heartbeat today then! I told her my Aunt bought us a heartbeat monitor for christmas but it won't work yet and she said the 1 she used on me costs £400!!! No wonder she could pick up the heartbeat so easily!!

xxx

Im glad everything went well! I was going to make a thread on what happens at 16 week appointment I have mine on Thursday... Thanks! My friend had the rhesus negative blood type and it wasn't a problem at all. My midwife said I can listen to heartbeat at this one last time I saw her so I'm keeping my fingers crossed xxx

I'm resus negitive as well had the anti-d on monday, no word off a lie the needle is hugeeeee!! I never had to have it with codie as first babys ant ment to affect it, only your second, and the ones after then that's what they told me :)

im o negative to guys :) Claire sure i read u were a childminder.... i am to how are you doing your maternity leave?

Lou1 - Yes I am a Childminder. I'm literally taking all of my holiday time at once after baby is born, so probably 3 weeks, then i'm straight back into childminding. I'm going to work right up until I go into labour too!

This is all only if my pregnancy continues healthily as it has done so far and also providing I have a 'normal' birth.

We simply can't afford for me to have proper maternity leave because me & my OH are both self employed.

xxx

I'm resus negitive as well had the anti-d on monday, no word off a lie the needle is hugeeeee!! I never had to have it with codie as first babys ant ment to affect it, only your second, and the ones after then that's what they told me :)

That's comforting for her to hear!! Lol. At least it's only 1 injection now, it used to be 2 but it's just a bigger dose now. I had to get one after DD was born too.

Aww thats what im planning on doing to was only going to take 2 weeks off if all is well but feel like its not enough but what can you do eh. Ive arranged cover so if i need an etra week fingers crossed i can take it.

The midwife didn't check my urine at my 16 week appt, or feel my tummy, but I asked her to find the heartbeat and she did :) I was so happy. It's almost as much as a relief as a scan!!!

I have to get a blood test at 28 weeks to check for diabetes...it involves drinking a bottle of lucozade at 8:30 am! Yuck!!

i never gpt my pee checked or tummy felt either.

Glad to hear you're doing well hun.xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back