Just got back from having my baby...but no baby coming home :-( - lil update :)

jojo_2012

Reaction score
Lewis was born 31.1.12, got taken to NICU after one day it's so sad, I got to keep him with me for 1 prescious night. He's still there and nobody knows whats wrong. My older son isn't allowed in to visit :-(.

Every time he sleeps his heartbeat drops to 60bpm, soon as he wakes up he's fine. At first they thought it was my medication, then said it wasn't. Then they checked his heart, no structural problems. Then had to wait 3 days for blood cultures to check for infection, all the while he was on 2 types of IV antibiotics, no infection. Now they're doing thyroid hormone tests and have to wait til Monday for results.

He's perfectly alert and as normal as can be, but he's still got to be stuck in an incubator next to 29weekers. Really hard being away from him for so long. Now I'm home and it's really hard to come to terms with.

He was breastfeeding really well in spite of being given dummys and bottles of cow and gate by NICU, but I went back this afternoon and said I'd have to pump and freeze all my breast milk for 2 days because they think a medicine I'm on could be the cause of his problem. Fingers crossed he'll latch on whenever he comes home.

Thought I would still come on and post some pictures of lil Lewis even though he can't come home with mummy...

DSCF0266.JPG

DSCF0282.JPG

IMG00329-20120131-1154.jpg

IMG00333-20120202-1059.jpg

IMG00340-20120203-1637.jpg

**update** currently sleeping in the parents room in nicu at queens hospital (very posh has an en suite) with baby in the room with me. No wires, nothing but an angelcare type apnea monitor under him (I'm so getting an angelcare now!!). Home tomorrow fingers xd :):):)

He's adorable congrats! Really can't imagine what your going through!

Congrats! He is soooo adorable! I really hope he is better quickly so you can bring him home. Big hugs!

Congratulations I'm so sorry he is having to stay in I really hope that they get to the bottom of things and he can come home soon xx both your boys are beautiful xx

It's really sad. But I'm there as much as possible, and can hold and feed him at least. It's really weird but most of the babies have no visitors and if they do its for about 1hr a day :(

Congrats hes gorgeous <3 Really hope they can give you some answers & you get to take him home soon xx

He's gorgeous! Congrats! Hope they find what's up soon! xx

Aw Hun congrats on bubba hope he comes home soon. I know leaving Owen in scbu for 7 days and coming home without him was so hard!!but it's all for a good reason and he will be with u soon x

Congrats Hun he really is a stunner!! I can't imagine what you are going through, but at least he is getting the best help and care possible. Wishing him a speedy recovery x x x

Congratulations, he's gorgeous! I'm sure theyll get to the bottom of it soon and he'll be home before you know it. X

Congrats hun hes absolutley beautiful. You must be so proud hes lovely. Hes in the best place getting the best care possible. I hope hes home soon so you can all enjoy him. Congrats again hun xxxxx

Congrats sweet. He is a right cutie. He is in the best place, and then he will go home to a mummy and daddy that love him loads. Xxx

Oh he's such a little cutie - huge congrats! Must be so h ard for you being apart from him, let's hope they soon put their finger on the cause and get him back home with hs mummy and her family. Xx

:hug:

That must be really difficult. He is in the best place and hopefully will recover quickly.

Congrats hun. He's adorable

Awww hon I'm so sorry. It must be heartbreaking. I hope you can bring him home soon. He's absolutely gorgeous xxxxx

He is lovely. But it must be so hard to have waited so long and now have to wait a bit longer. I am sure they will do everything they can to get him home as quickly as possible. Lots of love and FX for Monday. xxx

Jojo he is gorgeous! Can't imagine what u r goin through now tho.

Hopefully baby Lewis will be home with u soon xx

Congratulations. Fingers crossed he's home with you soon. Xxx

aww what a little cutie, cant imagin how hard it mest be but he is in the rightplace and it sounds like they are on the tract to figuring it outs o hopefully he will be home in your arms very soon xxx

Hi Jojo, Lewis is absolutely adorable, congratulations :)
I hope he is able to come home with you really soon. Sending lots of love and hugs xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back