Back home at last!!

wirenth

Reaction score
Well as I said on tuesday i had to go to hospital as i thought my waters may have gone, luckily they hadn't!!
I was finally sent home yesterday afternoon and am now on strict rest (kinda difficult with 3 boys and 2 dogs to look after) but anyway while i was inthere i was contracting every 10 minutes until 3am wednesday morning then every 5 minutes until half past 5:shock:. They told me that if labour had established itself I would've been delivered by c-section as he is breech presentation and I'm only 28 weeks, then I would have been transfrerred out to the nearest hospital with a NICU bed and a post maternity bed until they felt he was safe enough to come home, I was told just before I was discharged that even though I am in Bournemouth the nearest available NICU bed etc for us would've been CARDIFF!!!
They took swabs from my cervix and determined that I was likely to go into actual labour within the next week if they couldn't get the contractions to stop. I was put on Nimfedamine(?? I think thats how its spelt) every 4 hours until wednesday evening then it was dropped to every 12 hours until Friday Morning, luckily this seems to have worked, I am still getting back ache and period pains but have had no significant tightenings since thursday night just a couple of odd ones that won't do anything or so I've been told. Most painful thing at the moment is that baby seems to be kicking at my cervix almost constantly.

So like I said I am home now but still at risk of going into Labour at any time so I'm not allowed to do anything apart from sit down and relax! I'm finding this really difficult as I still seem to be nesting lol have told DH that if he catches me doing anything apart from making a cup of tea then he might well have to tie me down to the sofa:lol::lol::lol:

Anyway gonna go now and find my cuppa that I made and force myself to sit down.

I'll keep you all posted if anything starts up again xxxxx

I've been wondering how you were! So glad it wasn't your waters Hun, I know you still got the potential threat of going into labour but every day is a blessing! I know it's hard to rest with kids and dogs about but it seems like your hubs is looking after you..make sure it stays that way lady!

Take care my sweet xx

Thanx hunny, gotta try keep him in for a good 6 weeks more at least so gotta see my gp on thursday to see if he will sign me off work for a bit longer, have got the next door neighbour round aswell at the moment him and DH are fixing all the fence panels they been at it for 2 hours now and so far have fixed 1 lol
Apparently DH is cooking dinner tonight don't know what yet but it'll be something made out of mince!

Oh I am pleased your home and didn't go into full labour hun.

It's not worth it to do anything other than surf thw eb , PF, make your xmas cards, plan , knit and take it easy, your still so early and must have been a scare esp with your last being so early too

he food might get grim in a few weeks, but hang in there , and rest up

Feet up you!! Glad your ok :) hope bubs stays in there for a good while longer have they talked about steroids? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah forgot to mention them evie, had the steroid injections tuesday night and wednesday morning.

Glad it wasn't your waters and bubs has stayed put!

Rest, rest, rest! x hugs x

Hope he stays put a good while longer for you!
Put ya feet up and relax! :D

Glad that you are back home and they managed to stop the contractions. Fingers crossed LO stays in there for a few more weeks at least!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back