Just found out!!!!

Sully2012

Reaction score
I have not been feeling well for a few weeks and thought something was wrong with my insides! I phoned by GP who asked me to do a home pregnancy test. I work at a hospital so went to the GUM and asked for a pregnancy test that came back positive. I went to my GP and he sent me for bloods the same day. My HCG is 111,000 and my scan on Thursday showed I am 10 weeks today. Although my pregnancy was definately not planned, I am very happy about it as is my fiance'. Now all I can do is worry about miscarrying I am driving myself mad!! Does the risk keep going down? I read that organs are developed but I can't get miscarriage out my head :(

hiya hun,

firstly welcome to the forum and congratulations on your suprise pregnancy!

The risk does decrease yes. There are loads of women on here who have the same worries, its a great support system and the perfect place to get and give advice.

good luck with your pregnancy!

xx

Wow wish I was 10 weeks when I found out! You dont have much time to wait for your first scan so your mind can be put at ease!

Apparently the highest % risk of a mc is before 12 weeks

Welcome hun!!!!xx

welcome and big congrats hun...i think everyone has their own little fears so this forum is fab as u know ur not on ur own :) xx

congratulations!!!! ours was a surprise too :D and you are so lucky to already be 10 weeks!!! I have been waiting for my scan since 5 weeks haha. My book says after 8 weeks your chance of miscarriage drops to under 3%, and after 12 weeks it's less than 1%, reading that made me feel so much better! hope that helps a little :D x x x

Thank you all for your help. Is 111,000 HCG good? I am so confused with it all and my GP seems to have an attitude about having a baby out of wedlock so don't feel comfortable asking anything. hospfully the midwife will be nice on Tues x

hi and congrats, wow 10 weeks im so jelous!!! I found out when i was 4 week! I wouldnt worry hun, if u dont have any bleeding and really bad pains u should be ok, still feeling very jelous lol xx

Congrats on ur surprise bump! Pipsicle was definately a surprise, we were due to be referred for ivf when we found out! Ur risk of miscarriage is a lot lower at 10 weeks Hun so I would just relax and enjoy!

Congratulations babes can't believe you just found out then u had ur scan you are definitely lucky waiting for the first scan is the worst part it drags in. Have you told all your family yet x

Congratulations and welcome and they say once you have seen the heart beat the risk is also a lot lower for mc xxxx

Congratulations Yup after 10weeks the mc rate decreases hugely and keeps decreasing just ensure u take some folic acid and have a healthy balenced diet you will be fine. Wish I'd found out at 10 its most women's worry waiting for the scan which is normally between 11 and 13 weeks :) x

congratulations, hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy! welcome to the forum x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back