Just found out i'm pregnant & in a dilema already

purplepants

Reaction score
Hello everyone i'm new on here, I found out i was pregnant on wednesday morning with my fifth child, me & my hubby are over the moon as it was a planned pregnancy, i wasnt going to tell my parents till after xmas as they were rather negative about my last pregnancy, but now i'm starting to feel guilty for keeping it a secret. We are spending xmas day with them and i dont want anything to feel awquard (sorry about my spelling, i just cant for the life of me remember how to spell that word)

Any advice? what do you ladies think i should do, i'm leaning towards telling them and if there funny about it saying sod them :think: it is going to look i bit odd when i dont drink on xmas day anyway.

Maybe tell them before Christmas day comes then hun so its not awkward on the day :hug:

I'd be tempted to tell them hun - as there are quite a lot of foods you'll be avoiding and you won't be drinking, and it will be better to tell them than them go 'You're not pregnant are you' and find out that way!

:cheer: Many congratulations and welcome to the forum :wave:

I'd tell them hun, I'm sure they'll be overjoyed and it will make your xmas much easier as you're not going to have to try and keep it a secret.

Thanks for the advice, i will have a chat with my mum tommorow afternoon, she's coming round to watch the little ones xmas school play, i will tell her before we go to the school then the play will take her mind off the initial shock :lol:

purplepants said:
Thanks for the advice, i will have a chat with my mum tommorow afternoon, she's coming round to watch the little ones xmas school play, i will tell her before we go to the school then the play will take her mind off the initial shock :lol:

thats a good plan :lol:

congrats and welcome :wave: :hug:

Same situation as us really, my parents don't know about the baby but we are going to them for xmas lunch. Can't really be bothered telling them at all to be honest, but I suppose they will find out at some stage. Whereas my mother can't do enough for my daughter, she seems totally disinterested in my son. :(

Congratulations hon.. hope she takes the news well. You know how to handle her best but I think telling her then whisking her away to the play sounds like it could be a good idea! Saves the tension on Christmas day then if she doesn't take it well! xx

Aww, just tell her. If you have had 4 then she kinda has to accept you know what you are doing :wink:

I love your username, I wish that was mine. I love purple.

lauramumof2 said:
I love your username, I wish that was mine. I love purple.
It started as my xbox gamertag & kinda stuck so i use it for everything now :lol:

Congratulations

Id say maybe its best to tell them, I was so worried about tellin mine and as soon as I did it was a massive weight off my shoulders!

Congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to the forum!

I am in the same position as you right now my family don't know yet and we are also spending xmas with the family. Don't know if I should tell them or not before xmas. I can't really be bothered with the moaning at I'm gonna get to be honest lol. But not sure how I am gonna be able to keep it secret all Christmas especially as I feel so sick everything makes me gag at the moment! xxxxx

Well i told my mum today............ She wasnt very happy about it, she thinks were being irresponsable & are compleatly mad for having another child :roll: . she didnt even bother to say congratulations :( , but then she hasnt ever said that when i've told her i'm pregnant, it just bugs me that she cannot be happy for me, I am a grown up, i'm 28 years old & happily married.

OK rant over i'm just venting.

Thanks to everybody on the forum that has said congratz its much appreciated :D :D :D

purplepants said:
Well i told my mum today............ She wasnt very happy about it, she thinks were being irresponsable & are compleatly mad for having another child :roll: . she didnt even bother to say congratulations :( , but then she hasnt ever said that when i've told her i'm pregnant, it just bugs me that she cannot be happy for me, I am a grown up, i'm 28 years old & happily married.

OK rant over i'm just venting.

Thanks to everybody on the forum that has said congratz its much appreciated :D :D :D

aww hun you did the right thing by telling her, shame she couldn't show any happiness for you, me and my mum have never been that close, but since i told her i am pregnant we have grown closer and she was over the moon, totally opposite reaction to what i expected.

don't worry sweetheart you have all of us here and we are thrilled for you :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back