Just Found Out! Bit scared.

KateQPR

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to this, and only found out i was pregnant yesterday. So weird when you've convinced yourself you'll only ever see negative test results!!

I know it's weird but i'm so scared of morning sickness (i hate being sick so much). Worried how i'll cope with working, getting the tube etc..

So far just feeling nausea and tired and have aquired a new stupidity gene...can't quite believe i'm finally in this situation.

Anyone else got similar worries?

Kate

Hi and Welcome. :hug: :hug:

I'm just worried how to hide my sickness (morning or whenever it appears) from my colleagues as I won't make any annoucements till after 12 weeks.

:hug:

Mx

i would love to have kept mine a secret till the 12 weeks, but i have zero will power, i did realise when i had bad morning sickness that i wouldnt have been able to keep it a secret anyway

Know what you mean about will power.... i was so shocked and excited i just had to ring my mum and best friend. Didn't realise i was so flaky.

I just feel like i'm looking at the world from inside a bubble. Even queuing in tesco's to buy my water biscuits was an event!

:wave: :wave: Hi There

Firstly Congratulations on your BFP!! :cheer: Do you know how far gone you are? How long where you TTC?

If your anything like me you'll find this forum a real source of support and information. I've been a member for a year over in the TTC section but only offically been TTC since July. I have just got a surprise BFP before starting clomid (to make me ovulate) so at the moment i spend my time hovering in between here and the TTC forum too scared to make the leap incase my bean doesn't stick!!

I haven't dared put a ticker up yet but i think i am 4 weeks and 3 days pregnant so really early days so far i only have cramping as a symptom although i get the occassionaly sore booblies and nausia but it may all be in my head too and i am constantly tired but again my brain may be playing tricks on me!!

Welcome ot the forum again!! And i wish you a happy and health 9 months!!

LMP x

We were trying for just one month (though i had convinced myself i needed IVF - i've had history of bad periods and am a total hypochondriac!) and i am 5 weeks and 3 days, so very early.

You're right - the mind is a powerful thing. And nature is just cruel, as PMT symptoms are just the same as pregnancy symptoms. I know it sounds weird but every time i go to the loo for a wee and haven't seen blood, is a big deal.

Good luck - i hope it goes well for you.

KateQPR said:
So far just feeling nausea and tired and have aquired a new stupidity gene...can't quite believe i'm finally in this situation.

Firstly congratulations :cheer:

Who knows maybe you won't suffer with the sickness side of things. I only suffered terrible nausea (24/7 for over 6 weeks) and never threw up once :? By the end of week 10 I was so fed up. I think the not being sick was maybe worse than actually being sick (unless one of those unlucky women who vomit a lot). I was longing for throwing up a few times and then being able to get on with my day/evening. No such luck. And from a person who really hates being physically sick.

I'd look to maybe getting some paper bags in case you are worried about being sick on the tube or something. Its really hard to know what will work for you until sickness actually sets in. You may find you are sick before leaving the house and then ok till lunchtime or something.

Work again depends on your situation. I was lucky as I am a nanny and never had to worry about others. I can imagine in an office its not as easy if you wish to keep things private. Hopefully others can adivse you there :)

:hug:

congrats!

U might not be sick - fingers crossed!

Its not nice at all - I have managed to hide my severe sickness from my work though :lol: No idea how I did it!

Congratulations!

Just remember to eat little and often if you feel nauseaous. You'll be amazed at how easily you can hide it if you really want to.

I wasn't actually sick with my first pregnancy but did have 24x7 nausea. Ginger biscuits saw me through. Nobody suspected a thing at work.

I didn't tell people at work until I was 14 weeks.

Hope you have a good pregnancy, enjoy it, it's such a special time.

Hi and congratulations, I found out a couple of days ago I was preggers and since then I have not stopped worrying :shock: .... will I get to 12 weeks etc.
So far I have had no symptoms (worrying about that, too) It's still very early for me though :angel:

Have a happy time, everyone :hug:

Hi and congratulations, I found out a couple of days ago I was preggers and since then I have not stopped worrying :shock: .... will I get to 12 weeks etc.
So far I have had no symptoms (worrying about that, too) It's still very early for me though :angel:

Have a happy time, everyone :hug:

Hi and congratulations!

I didn't have any problems with m/s until I hit about 8 weeks when I started feeling blooming awful. I had terrible nausea all day and by week 9 I was being sick about 3 to 4 times a day with no let up on the nausea when I was sick. Each person reacts differently to the hormones and I hope you'll be fine.

With regards to work, I didn't want to tell anyone until I was over my 12 weeks but with such bad sickness I had no option but to tell my line manager who kept it quiet and covered for me when I was throwing up or off work cos the sickness was so bad.

I also found that travel sickness bands from Boots really helped with the nausea so if you do suffer try wearing some of those.

Good luck with your pregnancy hun x :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back