Just found out ...

hi hun just thought i would pop in and say that i had my first child at 18yrs and yes it was hard but he was just so worth it i wouldnt have changed a thing he is now 26yrs married with two children so i am a very proud nana!!!! i had all the same thoughts you are going through but hun you will be great i am sure of it and the girls are right there is alot of help out there etc on the flip side of this we also have two adopted children i always knew from a very early age that one day i would adopt and in 2001 i did two little babies and they have been such a blessing and again wouldnt have changed it for the world and now we are thinking of doing it all again adoption that is lol!!! i guess i am just trying to say what ever you decide to do there is help out there and i wish you all the very best take your time love and dont let anyone sway you its your baby your descion your life all the best loads of love t..xxx

hey hun

did you know that as a low income family you can get funding and grants to do your university masters level? if you were planning on taking a year out to save you can focus on little bubs for that year and then continue onto do your studies, many people i know go to uni and have kids, i have a 3 year old son and i have just gone back to college, well i say just, i went in september. Also you will get help with funding LO's nursery, as the government likes mothers going back into work or education

Hi hun,

Been reading through your posts and im talking from experience here and im so not proud of myself. I got pregnant at the age of 16 I was with the father from 14 to 20 years old so wasnt a one night stand or anything but I had a termination and I have regretted it ever since, it caused me alot of psycholgical problems and I couldnt get over what I did, I believed that i wouldnt be able to have an education and my boyfrind didnt have a job and didnt think it fair on my parents. It has been with me ever since wondering what if? How old would he or she be now? I regret it to this day. I am now expecting and I am 29 and I feel so blessed and lucky, we have gone through alot to get here and its a miracle to us and I love it so much already. But please dont do something you may regret. You have the support of your mum and you are older than I was you will be a great mum and its not the end of your education. Good Luck xxx

Hi jenna x how're you feeling now? Please don't get a termination to please someone else, my friend did this and still regrets it to this day. It's your body and your baby too and if you want to keep it then go for it! x There is alot of help out there and the best thing for you to do is prove your boyfriends family wrong! You sound so close to your mum and that's wonderful, I'm sure she'll support your decision x if you do decide on termination then make sure you're doing it for you and no one else! I'm absolutely disgusted for you at what his parents said! Good luck with whatever you decide x

Thanks girls for your support. I just wish that he could support me in this. I spoke to him on the phone and had him saying that he's going to keep away from me and that his parents know best etc. I had to hang up on him because I was so upset. I told him that the only reason I would have a termination was because it's what him and his family wants, and he started shouting saying 'don't give me all the f***ing blame for this' etc. But it's true if I had the termination it would only be for their sakes. I know that if I had the child we wouldnt be together, and those statements by his parents have really stuck in my mind about me never getting a career etc. I know I shouldnt let them get to me but they really have, and I feel so alone. I just thought that he cared I really did. We've had a rocky relationship the past year and a half, when last January he cheated on me. I should have known then that he didnt care about me. But it's only taken something this drastic for me to see his true colours. Girls I just really dont know what to do.
Jenna X

Hi hunni, with my first DS my partner and his parents totally treated me like this. Don't terminate your baby my DS was the best thing that's ever happened to me and I've met someone else and I'm having another baby. It's your body hun and it sounds like even if you terminate the baby you two might not work it out, sorry for saying that x x

Im really sorry to hear everythings a poo for you at the moment. Being stressed out is probably the last thing you need right now. The FOB in my case and me had so many arguments at the beginning, he really didn't want the baby but I just refused to abort. His parents didn't actually find out until I was about 20 weeks and even now its still a bit of a sore subject with them.
I know its horrible to hear but it probably is going to be tough for a while for you, and quite stressful but I deffinatly believe that you should do what you think is best. It seems like youve got your head screwed on, so if you can, even just a little, try not to worry about the father. This time shoudl be spent making sure you are ok and deciding how you want to carry on. I really do hope this sorts itself out for you. :( x

Dont listen to his parents, you can have a career and a baby, i was doing my studies when i fell pregnant at 19 and my ex didnt want me to keep her, when i said that wasnt an option i was lucky that he stood by me, and i carried on doing my college work and finished it after she was born, i now have 2 children and pregnant and currently doing another college course, it can be done!
Just sounds like they dont want you to keep the baby and telling you lies in order to get what they want!
I bet if you keep the baby and once you have it they will want to be apart of their "grandchilds" life.
Sounds like you will make a fab mum, dont let them help you make the choice. Its your own thoughts that count!

Like the others said you can have a career and a baby!
And you definatly seem grown up and mature :D

Its your decision and you cant make a decision because of what everyone else is saying xx

My O/H went mental when i told him i was pregnant the first time round!! He didn't talk to me for over a week and called me all the names under the sun! I was gonna have an abortion because of the way he was being but decided it wasn't fair on me or our unborn child! I told him bluntly that i was keeping the baby with or without his help and he soon came around to the idea of being a Dad! Well my daughter's 4 next month and we're still together expecting our 2nd child in October!!
Don't rush into any descions yet, you've got plenty of time to decide what you want to do and your other half could still come around to the idea!!
Goodluck hun x x x

Jenna, you sound like a very mature, intelligent 21 year old who will give this baby a good home. You'll make a great mum! Having your 1st baby is a learning curve for everyone, even when you've been trying for a baby, so don't worry x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back