Moses basket
Baby bath/ towels
Sterilizer
Breast pump
Bottles
Nipple cream ( wahoo ! )
Maternity (brick) pads

All that come to £180 from Mother Care :shock:

Still got quite a few bits to get yet but hey at least ive made a start lol :lol:

How long did you all leave it before you got the essentials?

We seems to start as soon as we found out!

i think apart from a few more clothes, its just bedding we need to get. oh, and stuff for my&lo hospital bag, but i wasn't planning to get that 'ready' until 32 weeks.

I have been given quite a bit though - cots and the like.

I kept my eyes out and got quite a few different things in sales when i noticed them (sterilizer, breast pump, the like).

things ive gotten so far:

a snowsuit
8 piece newborn set
cute boots
3 towels
8 bottles

thats it :oops:

I've got

Cotbed mattress
Sheets
Blankets
Cot bumper set
Cot mobile
Changing mat
Bath set
Bath support
Cuddle robes
Moniter
Steriliser
Changing box
Bouncy chair
Grooming Set
Bottles
Vests
Babygros
Sleepsuits
Bibs
Cardigans
Hats
Scratch mitts
Socks
Snow suits
Bootees
A couple of outfits

Got phone call to say that my cotbed had arrives in the shop today, so brother better get his pennies out!

Travel System - dad is getting
Moses Basket & stand, etc - best mate is gtting us that.

So i think i'm rather organised now!

corr! v. organised!!! :shock:

I must make a list of my stuff - mum keeps moaning that I haven’t left anything for her to buy. Little does she know I want to ask her to look after little one if I have to go back to work :)

im quite bad for seeing something and buying it. I nearly brought a 2nd snow suit the other day forgetting I had one, but OH reminded me.

Ive got two prams, and don't know how to tell my nan that i don't really want the one she has given me. Its second hand, but basically brand new, because she used it if her granddaughter stayed with her.

I know, people keep offering me things but i just kinda change the subject as you feel as if you're being rude by saying no!

I've new next door neighbours who have 3 kiddies and she gave me in a fireguard, i kept telling her no but she wouldn't take no for an answer, must have been clearing out and though i know where to take this! So it's now sitting in my bloody hall!

Only reason i have got all that stuff is i get paid monthly, and when i do i just get a whole load of stuff, rather than me running around about to pop getting things!

ebay it!

Ive got 2 cots, and as soon as i decided which one i want, the other is going on ebay or in the paper!

I'm not getting a cot yet gonna wait until we do her room which will proberly be sumtime next yr before shes to big for her moses basket :lol:

as for the rest I shall get all that in a panic knowing me, but I prefer that lol gives me something to moan about to Paul :lol:

We are doing pretty well, we just need to get the moses basket which mum and dad are buying, pick up the travel system when the time gets closer and buy lots of little bits like a couple more cuddle dry robes, bedding etc.

We will get there!

it was so lucky im shopping mad! i was just already before she was born lol

samrbtson said:
ebay it!

Ive got 2 cots, and as soon as i decided which one i want, the other is going on ebay or in the paper!

Good thinking!! Only thing is the blooming postage!

i have got everything plus some i re packed all the bags today with DF lol...well actually i lie i ordered the crib mattress 10 mins ago cause im getting the sleepcurve one so that should be here soon :dance:

Tasha20 said:
I'm not getting a cot yet gonna wait until we do her room which will proberly be sumtime next yr before shes to big for her moses basket :lol:

as for the rest I shall get all that in a panic knowing me, but I prefer that lol gives me something to moan about to Paul :lol:

I didn't buy a moses basket at all cuz everyone I spoke to said they only lasted 3 months and the baby had out-grown it. Also baby was pulling the elasticated trim off around them!! I just decided to get a cotbed and have it in our room for the first six months or so cuz thay can sleep in the feet to foot position. Not the answer for everyone but the least expensive option.

Bev x x

ok i have time to make a list now

loads of babygrows and vests
top to tail bowl
baby bath
baby bath support
first aid kit
baby toilettries
bath thermometer
baby towels with hoods
baby outfits
warm baby shoes
socks
swimming nappy
nappies (reusables)
nappies (disposables for hospital)
cotbed
crib
wardrobe
cot mobile
dresser/changer
bookcase
nappy pail
rattles/books/toys
bouncy chair
swinging chair
toybox
pram/pushchair
carseat
mattresses
changing mat
changing bags
wipes/cotton wool/vaseline
cot/crib sheets (mattress sheets and over sheets)
blankets
snowsuits & jackets
sling
nighlights
bottles
breatpump
steriliser
dummies
gripe water
bottle brushes
breast milk storage containers
sleepbags (1.5 tog and 2.5 tog)
cot bumper & quilt
nursery curtains & tiebacks
wall border
teddies :D
breat pads
maternity pads
nursing bras
nipple cream
paracetamol!!!
baby on board car sign
car window sun blocks
food freezer trays & containers
teething rings

thats all i can think of at the moment lol i went abit crazy on buying stuff lol

But hope this list helps a little if you dont know what sort of things to get?

cas xx

Phew Cassi, you've done really well there girl!

I'm not too far behind you, but thank you for posting what you've brought, shall use it as a checklist :clap:

You're welcome :) i think its the only thing iv ever been properly organised for before last minute lol :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back