Breast Pads
Changing Mat
Night sanitary towels for bleeding after birth
Breast Pump
Bottle sterilizer
Push Chair/Pram
Car Seat
Loads of clothes!!!!

We only have a tiny house so not much room for anything so I really am getting the very least I can we will bath Pip in the kitchen sink with a towel to stop slipping is there anything else we will need other than the baby? :)

You've definitely got a majority of it covered!! :cheer: Just need her to arrive now lol

Just a couple of things off the top of my head;

Cotton wool (buds) - My health visitor asked me if I had any. I said I had and she said "ahh, a lot of people forget them" - For cleaning the nose and ears...

Erm... Something for baby to lay/sit in during the day when she's awake? Like a mat or bouncer?

xx

:think: Hummm if we were to fold a fleecey blanket would that be enough or even bring her car seat in to sit up in?

Im really really proud all of it has cost us around £100 in total we also have been buying nappys as part of our weekly shop so we have loads and it doesn't seem like we have even bought them! Its amazing how much stuff people have second hand and are willing to help with and let us buy. We have only bought £15 of clothes and that was only because it was "pretty" stuff not that she actually needs. :D

It sounds like you are pretty much there :D

I have nappy rash cream, but you could probably wait until you find out if that is a problem for pip.

I also got a free sachet of the Lanisol (not sure how you spell it) nipple cream and my friend said that she only used a little so not to go out and buy a whole tube as it is expensive - might be worth asking you midwife for a sample ;)

Oh and apparently a washing up bowl is great for washing LO's in when they are really small.

And the only other things I have are muslins but you could probably cut up bits of old sheets to use as burping cloths/general moping up cloths if you want to save money.

Oh and I have one of those V shaped nursing cushions although from what I've heard normal pillows do the job just as well :)

Sounds like you have more than enough hun, well done for not going over board!

LO rearley use all the crap we are lured to buy for them and you have definatley covered the essentials.

If you find anything you want/need you will be able to get it after she is here, much better than cluttering up the house plus any noce extras you decide on you can ask those that ask for gift ideas or give you money

dannii87 said:
Cotton wool (buds) - My health visitor asked me if I had any. I said I had and she said "ahh, a lot of people forget them" - For cleaning the nose and ears...

FWIW I've not cleaned Galen's ears yet. I won't go poking anything in them tbh as as soon as you do then you'll have to keep cleaning them regularly. If you don't start cleaning them they don't really get yucky to need cleaning. I know it sounds weird but I find it true :lol: And there is no way a cotton bud would fit up his nose even now :think: I'd be loathed to try tbh as he would not keep still long enough.

nickilubs said:
:think: Hummm if we were to fold a fleecey blanket would that be enough or even bring her car seat in to sit up in?

Chances are in the early weeks she'll either be sleeping on you or in her basket. You won't need a play mat or seat for her to sit in for a fair while. If you want some nappy off time you can do that fine on the change mat. Also if you put a sheet on it you can lie her on that if you think she needs a change of scene.

I didn't put Galen on his play mat till he was 2 weeks plus. He used to lie on the bed if I was in the bedroom and in his basket downstairs.

I'd not put her in a car seat to sit in in the house. Babies are not meant to sit in car seats for extended periods of time so I'd not worry. Better to cuddle her or put her in her basket.

O your sleeping bags. Check what weight they are from. Most are from 10lb upwards. Only some are from 7lb upwards. Its advised to not use the larger weight ones for newborns. Galen was 10lb anyways so he went into one. We had gotten them from 7lb to be on the safe side.

Don't need to worry about bathing the first week really either. Top and tailing will be enough :) I'm sure the sink will be fine, or a bowl. Just make sure its cleaned before hand.

Id say your list is a pretty good un missy!! 8)

From having LO, I'd say muslins and bibs etc....LOADS! that and blankets. Muslins are brill for tons of things, and if LO is sick on a blanket etc its good to have a few so you dont have to wait on it getting washed. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back