Just back from hospital

leesey

Reaction score
Well, title says it all.

Last night I started getting pains in my abdomen, and a swelling on the left side. It was really tender to touch, like it was bruised, and the skin was all tingly. I was obviously so worried, but I was actually sure that one of my organs was inflamed.

After observations and tests and stuff, all was inconclusive. None the wiser now, and still tender although they gave me pain relief so not so much pain. They were really concerned at first, and ready for admitting me, I had the gown on and the ID tag and everything. As soon as I told them that I had taken 3 pregnancy tests last week and all negative, and then POAS for them there and then, they were just dismissive and sent me home.

My mum reckons they have just assumed I've had a miscarriage (last week), although they were initially concerned it was an ectopic pregnancy. I'm pretty bemused that if I did have a miscarriage (I was unsure as to whether I'd had another chemical) that they didn't bother saying so and also I'm now quite concerned that I have a (resulting?) infection of some kind.

My whole abdomen is swollen and tender, and my doctor's not willing to see me today, and they're closed on Monday.

Trying not to worry too much, but what happens if I have an infection and it ends up disrupting ttc?

Does anyone know of a uterus/ovarian infection or anything?? Obviously not an STI, and it doesn't seem like a urinary infection. Plus it's all on one side, at the front, not my kidneys or anything.

Got an appointment at the doctor on Wednesday, don't know what to think til then :(

ahh hun, didn't want to read and run but I'm afraid I can't offer much advice, an infection is possible but whether that would affect the chances of conceiving I couldn't say.

One thing I would advise if that if the pain continues as bad as it has been or gets worse in any way - don't wait for docs app, go back to the hospital and insist on some answers!

Make sure you're being well looked after and I really hope you feel better soon!! hugs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back