Back from hospital

reallyoldmum

Reaction score
Well what a strange afternoon - we had the scan and were told that they thought the pregnancy was not in the tube at all but in my stomach cavity - the good news is the fetus has shrunk considerably but the cyst has only reduced by 10% - they told us this was good and that although I would have underlying pain while it shrinks it should go.....

Went to the ward to see the consultant but she was busy and had scheduled another appointment for us on Christmas Eve at 9.00 am (our wedding anniversary) - the doctor who checked me over didnt know as much as me...... Dont they ever read the internet!! So we didnt get any questions answered but she was happy to let me go home which was good.

Anyway I decided in my own mind that if this was not in the tubes it would be better but doing some reading it doesnt look as if it is!! I had hoped it would not mean that my odds were more for another ectopic if I got pregnant again but it looks like that isnt the case - I will be at an increased risk of it happening again........

Well on the whole I feel much happier that it shouldnt rupture (there is nothing to rupture!!) so I guess its just another waiting game until Monday and then the follow up scan on the 8th January..... :(

Your really going through the wars at the min ROM

Big hugs to you xx

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: Did it say how much it increases the risk of it happening again?

I'm glad things are moving along fairly quickly, hopefully you won't experience too much pain :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I've never heard of such a thing happening. I hope everything will be OK for you ROM.

Thanks girls, Bagpuss apparently it happens in 1% of ectopics - trust me to be the 1%!!! Everything that could go wrong seems to go wrong for me!!

Couldnt get many answers today as only saw the houseman - the consultant who did the scan was amazing but he didnt have any clinical answers just about where the fetus was....

Nevermind not long until Monday. :(

That is so rubbish for you ROM. I was hoping you'd get some serious answers to all your questions. It's amazing how much you can self teach yourself through the internet isn't it!!

Hope it all sorts itself out for you and next time round it's a normal healthy pg for you

:hug: :hug:

So sorry hun. Good news that it isn't in the tube so won't have to lose the tube. I hope the pain subsides. Look after yourself. FX for Mon. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: so sorry its all still going on - wish you a peaceful Christmas

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back