• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jury Duty Notification Letter........Oh no

NIE

Reaction score
I 've just got my mail in and along with car insurance renewal quotes and bills.......there was a letter from the sheriffs court stating I could be called up within the next 2 years.

I've completed all the details and hope that because I'm pregnant, they will discard my form.

Do you think they would still call me up next year when my baby will still be very young. xxx

Not sure hun. I did jury duty before I had Macaulay....I really enjoyed it 8) But I am a nosey parker LOL

I think they will say no becuase your pregnant.I think that my friend was in the same situation.

i thought u had to b at least 28 to get called up? :shock: thought i was safe 4 a few years! do u get extra paid time off wrk or hav to use ur holiday entitlement?

You can be called up as soon as your old enough to vote - currently aged 18. My step-daugher was called up in January of this year, she told them it was annual leave time and got out of it, she's now pregnant and they have defered it again but she's on the call up list for November/December time. I think you can change the dates twice the third time you HAVE to go unless your 'excuse' is seriously good, i.e. your having heart surgery that day.... I dont think "mummy to a small baby" would qualify a 2nd time but pregnancy perhaps would. Depends on the case they are looking at, plus you might get called up then not picked once there - that's you off the hook then.

trixipaws said:
i thought u had to b at least 28 to get called up? :shock: thought i was safe 4 a few years! do u get extra paid time off wrk or hav to use ur holiday entitlement?

I did it before I had Macaulay so I think it must be 18. (I had him at 20)

you have to do it if you r under 36 weeks pg and when baby if over 3 months because my friend has just had the same

i wouldnt wanna be called.. what if you got a nasty case! i wouldnt be able to stay quiite :?

my OH got called just before i was due to have LO but he got excused as i was very very big the last two weeks and they expected me to have baba earlie - that never happened but at least he got off from having to do jury service :D

I was called up when Jess was a baby and she was older than 3 months but don't remember exactly. I just put on the form that I had no childminder.

trixipaws said:

My mate had to do it when she was 19.

I don't ever want to do it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back