oh no :(

*saulino*

Reaction score
Hi

Oh ive had such a horrible week and it just got worse last night.

I am just learning to drive and Bernie is sicker then i am so i decided to drive last night went to pick up our dog from my dads then went to the grocery store to get a few things and Bernie wanted me to park in a very squishy parking spot , i said i dont think im gonna be able to do this. He assured me that i would.
So i turned into it but was not straight so i went to back up and starighten up and another car was waiting which made me even more nervous , then Kiara started screaming so i put it back in drive and went for it except our gas petal is very touchy so i went way to fast Bernie said BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE really loud which scared the crap out of me , then i accidently hit the gas again instead of the brake :? So as you could probably guess i hit the car in front of us, no one was in it, but i was in tears and shaken up.

We left a note on the car and my phone number and she phoned us when we were walking in the door thankfully she was very nice and she was gratful that we had at least left a note instead of doing a hit and run. Said she will get an estimate and phone me back next week , so can deal with it privatly so my insurance dont go up. But i feel soooo soooo stupid how could i push the gas instaed of the brake :cry:
We luckily have no damage, we just paid 20,000 for the van but we dented her bumper and its an older car so hopefully its not too expensive.

All i seem to do is cry lately and im tired of it i feel so emotionally drained, we have no money havent paid a penny on our bills in almost 3 months , afraid were gonan get disconnected. Dont know how we are going to pay this lady back.
I dont know how im going to deal with all of the money troubles, we still haev to save to move and this pregnancy is just going way to fast, what if we still have no money by then ? Plus all 3 of us being sick dont help :(

Thanks for listening to me this got quite long, i just needed to let this out to someone i always hold things in too long . :(

Katrinaxx

oh hun, I know how easy it is to panic when you first learn to drive, being in charge of that big hunk of metal, its so so so easy to make that kind of mistake so please dont be hard on yourself :hug:

Im sure theres loads of people who have similiar stories, when I first learnt I backed my car into a another car in a carpark, I have no idea why but I just didnt think to check my mirror to see if anything was behind me :rotfl:

aw hun, i hope things start getting better for you soon. what a rough time your having :( :hug:

i can totally sypothise with the money situation. we are in the same boat at the moment. and its so worrying. everyone seems to want money you dont have.

if you wanna chat send me a pm :hug:

Hi

Thanks girls, its just all too stressful lately and that certainly didnt help.
But Bernie was well shocked that after getting bread and milk i climbed right back in and drove home :) I figured if i didnt do it then i wouldnt do it for a while.

glitzyglamgirl- at least im not the only one that hit a car in the parking lot :?

keslo66 i will pm you thanks :)

Katrina

aww hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Dont worry too much the stress isnt good for you...things will work themselves out eventually even if it does feel like everything is going wrong at the moment. When I first started driving i was doing a lesson with my friend and we came up to a stop around the corner on a bend that had people coming from a small road to the right, from the main road, right and left, and from ahead and i panicked to slam the brakes on and hit the clutch instead!!! my friend pulled the handbrake up and luckily I managed to steer it into the small side road, im just so lucky no one was coming...so we all make mistakes like that! Hopefully there wont be too much damage done to the ladies car. It was very good of you to leave the note. And for that im sure you will get some good karma soon :). :hug: :hug: :hug:

get well soon too hun :hug:

aww hun :hug: :hug: i know ur so stressed at tho moment and its not good for u rite now and Kiaras not been well now ur not ur not having an easy time are u hun
u know i am always here for u wen ever u need me :hug: :hug:

Hi

Thnaks Cassi and Sraah :hug:

Im crying again , the lady just phoned and its gonna be an estimate so far 1000-1500 in damage as its an old car.
I honestly do not know how we are gonna make it through all this.
plus make save for rent , bills, car payments :cry: Telus just phoned but i ignored them i think they may cut off our internet and phone soon , am so sad.
I need to find a way to make a few thousand dollers fast!!
I know its not likely though.

Sorry to vent again im gonna have a mental breakdown soon, i cant even eat my lunch . :(

Katrinaxx

hun. things will get better. it has to. as i said, try and get the bumper from ebay or something. and pay for the labour of fitting it.

sounds like a high price to me. unless its like a collectors car.

Hi

Ya i know it does seem quite high,
I am gonna wait till Bernie gets home and see what he says , may go to pick a part and see if they have a match if they do it will be tons cheaper.
Katrina

Hi just wanted to say sorry you are having such a hard time :hug:
I know how you feel about money worries too as there is no way I can go back to work after maternity leave as my husband and I both work at the same place and start at half four in the morning! So we will have to stretch the one wage which is going to be difficult but will just about manage! Its easier said than done to not worry though isn't it? I hope you manage to sort the car part out cheaper that sounds like a lot of money for a bumper!!!
Also well done for getting straight back in the car and driving! I passed my test in September, my husband bought me an old mini (I love them!) and the first time i got in it I did EXACTLY what you did! I was coming in our drive and when I went to press the brake my foot slipped onto the accelerator so went straight into the garage door!! I was gutted to say the least and its knocked my confidence so much I havent driven since and cant see me doing so soon either which is a shame!! I just want to say good on you for having the confidence to get straight back at it its the best thing you could have done!!
I really hope things get better for you soon I'm sure they willxxx :hug:

Hi sweetie,

Just take each day as it comes. Some days seem really dark and like there's no light at the end of the tunnel but really in the scheme of things what happened with the car is on big deal and I am sure it will get sorted some how. When you're pregnant your emotions are all over the place so every worry seems intensified. Try and stay positive and just focus on your pregnancy and don't even think about your money worries as if there is nothing you can do about them for the moment, dwelling on them won't help.

All the best hon, take care of yourself. :hug:

Hi

Thanks hun. Hope you get the courage to get back in soon. :hug:
Its bloody scary though aint it.
Told Bernie he wasnt happy about the cost, but said it aint my fault.
We went for a walk last night , helped to get some fresh air.

Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back