Bankruptcy problems? Anyone?

kellie80

Reaction score
I was declared bankrupt in April 2005 when OH lost his job. I've never had any problems at all since then. Then last week I got a letter out of the blue from T-mobile telling me they have sold my debt on :? The next day I got a letter of the debt company telling me if I haven't come to some agreement by the 3rd of November they will arrange for a bailiff to come out or if they can't contact me they will be taking me to court. I rang them straight away and they wanted all my bankruptcy details so I gave them what I could find (it was 2 and a half years ago). They said they are going to look in to it. I'm really worried now, I'm pretty sure that they can't claim any money off me but I'm panicing incase T-mobile kept my contract running without my knowledge. I did everything I was told at the time I went bankrupt and the remainder of money owed on my contract was accounted for. What I don't understand is I've never had a single bill or letter of T-mobile and wasn't even aware I was still in debt with them? Is anyone any good with financial matters or being declared bankrupt in the past?

all i can think hun is if u phone citizens (sp) advice . just explain the details and they should be able to advise u on what to do!!!
hope u get it sorted

I'd contact Citizens Advice tbh. I think in this sort of thing you need some sort of legal advice to be on the safe side.

hi, i know it's difficult not to worry about letters like this...but take it from someone who gets them daily!! DON'T!!
i have never known a baliff to come round for a mobile phone bill. and if you make an agreement to pay anything...£! a month or whatever you can afford...there is nothing they could do through court cos u are agreeing to pay. and if a baliff did come round don't let them in at all...not even one foot in the door (literally) you don't have to let them in to your house, don't let them trick u into thinking that you do! but if u do let them in even once, then they by law can walk into your house at any time...or even come in through an open window!!! strange laws!! i know.

Thanks Lisa! Makes me feel a bit better. They are only saying I owe £270 anyway, I owed a hell of a lot more than that to other companys and I've never heard any thing back of them. Hopefully they are just trying to scare me!

kellie80 Don't tell them anything. If the debt was on your Bankruptcy they are not allowed to contact you! My OH had orange contact him all the time regarding a lost debt (he was bankrupt last year). Tell them the debt was part of a bankruptcy order, you are not allowed to talk to them and they should contact the Official Receiver. The Official Receiver deals with everything, The cheeky buggers, they know they are not allowed.
There is a really good forum (not sure if I'm allowed to put the link) but you could google debt forum, they have loads of help on there.

kellie80 said:
but I'm panicing incase T-mobile kept my contract running without my knowledge.

Don't worry hun, the OR would have contacted them at the time and told them exactly what was going on.
Hence why they haven't tried to get the money before now :x

Thanks! Thinking about it now I'm guessing they didn't keep my contract running or I would have had some bills before now :? I haven't had any thing! They shouldn't be allowed to sell you debts on to these type of companies :twisted: When I rang them they wanted the OR name and stuff but I couldn't find it. Only thing I gave them was the court it was in and what number my bankruptcy was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back