****July 2021 Mummies****

What a relief to hear everything looks OK. Really pleased for you!

I know! Thanks.

I had he same with my LB but it was never constant like this or this late. Just a worry xxx
Glad everything is ok and hopefully the bleeding stops soon, how scary.

How exciting that we know there's 2 boys in this group as well. I have a feeling I'm having another boy as my pregnancy is very similar to my son's so far. My HG has settled and I'm now not being sick everyday so hoping it disappears entirely soon!

Glad everything is ok and hopefully the bleeding stops soon, how scary.

How exciting that we know there's 2 boys in this group as well. I have a feeling I'm having another boy as my pregnancy is very similar to my son's so far. My HG has settled and I'm now not being sick everyday so hoping it disappears entirely soon!

It stopped Thursday but just been to the loo and have more bleeding and more clots. They won't do anything as 20 week scan is in a week.

I know! The thread i was on last year had 3 boys and 1 girl! Xx

We found out yesterday we're having a boy! :D

We already have a little boy so we're now excited to give him a little brother and meet the little guy in the July.

I'm bleeding again today. I'm so fed up now.

20 week scan is Monday so they say they can't do anything on a weekend :( xx

Bleeding stopped Saturday night, scan today didnt show anything ominous. All looked as it should. Couldn't confirm that he was boy though as his legs were tightly crossed :rotfl: he was moving for no one. Good job we had a private scan at 16 weeks :rolleyes:. They did have to check my placenta twice as they were concerned it was to low, but when they went back it was fine apparently.

Got home, started bleeding again :wall: this is driving me absolutely mad. Light bleeding and small clots again. I just want it to go away now.

How's everyone else doing xx

Bleeding stopped Saturday night, scan today didnt show anything ominous. All looked as it should. Couldn't confirm that he was boy though as his legs were tightly crossed :rotfl: he was moving for no one. Good job we had a private scan at 16 weeks :rolleyes:. They did have to check my placenta twice as they were concerned it was to low, but when they went back it was fine apparently.

Got home, started bleeding again :wall: this is driving me absolutely mad. Light bleeding and small clots again. I just want it to go away now.

I'm sorry to hear that, it sounds so frustrating. It's horrible when you just can't take your mind off it for a while. But hopefully the fact that the ultrasound looked good means it's all fine.

How frustrating for you especially as you don't have any answers either!

I have my 20 week scan on Monday (will be 19+5 weeks). I'm hoping to find out the gender so hoping baby plays along! I'll be happy either way. We have lots of boys clothes kept up from when he was a baby and a lot could be used for either a bit or a girl. I want to buy some summer clothes though and it can be quite hard to find unisex clothes sometimes.

I've still been very nauseas and sick at times but meds are working well. I've started getting heartburn though so that's not helping matters. At work the other day there were a few times I had to sit down as was really hot and dizzy. Working tomorrow so hoping that doesn't happen again. I've also been getting quite a few headaches and had a migraine/headache for 3 days. I had the same with my son and eventually they did stop. I've only got just over 8 weeks left at work until I go on special leave.

How frustrating for you especially as you don't have any answers either!

I have my 20 week scan on Monday (will be 19+5 weeks). I'm hoping to find out the gender so hoping baby plays along! I'll be happy either way. We have lots of boys clothes kept up from when he was a baby and a lot could be used for either a bit or a girl. I want to buy some summer clothes though and it can be quite hard to find unisex clothes sometimes.

I've still been very nauseas and sick at times but meds are working well. I've started getting heartburn though so that's not helping matters. At work the other day there were a few times I had to sit down as was really hot and dizzy. Working tomorrow so hoping that doesn't happen again. I've also been getting quite a few headaches and had a migraine/headache for 3 days. I had the same with my son and eventually they did stop. I've only got just over 8 weeks left at work until I go on special leave.

Ugh I know! And its siol happening every 2 or 3 days. Driving me mad. Feel so stressed.

Hope your heartburn isn't to bad. Mine has kicked in now too. Hate it, never have heartburn when I'm not pregnant.

Oh I'm sure they'll be able to tell you the gender.

I can't believe they couldn't at our 20 week scan, they were apologising like crazy. Glad we paid for a private early gender scan now xx

Had my scan this morning. All looks good and we found out we're having another boy.
Only issue is I have a low lying placenta so will need a follow up scan at 32 weeks. 90% of low lying placentas move up as the uterus expands so hopefully mine will as well.

Ugh I know! And its siol happening every 2 or 3 days. Driving me mad. Feel so stressed.

Hope your heartburn isn't to bad. Mine has kicked in now too. Hate it, never have heartburn when I'm not pregnant.

Oh I'm sure they'll be able to tell you the gender.

I can't believe they couldn't at our 20 week scan, they were apologising like crazy. Glad we paid for a private early gender scan now xx

How's the bleeding going now? Is it still happening or finally stopped?

How's the bleeding going now? Is it still happening or finally stopped?

Still happening every 3 or so days, lasts a day or two then goes. Still lights bleeding and small clots. Terrified there's something wrong with my cervix that theyve missed and baby will come early. I was 23 weeks yesterday so 6 days to go untill their classed as 'viable' :pray: counting down the days!

So glad I'm off work this time round or I thibk I would be off with stress at this point. I know I had bleeding with my LB, but not this late, this often or this heavy and no clots with him at all.

Congratulations on finding out our having a little boy. So many boys! I'm hoping theyy werent wrong out our early gender scan as they couldn't see at the anomaly scan as their legs were so tightly crossed :rotfl:

They were concerned my placenta was low lying at last scan but they got me to drink more water and ot moved up. Its quite common I think xx

I had my phone appointment with occupational health at work today as they have now changed the blanket rule that pregnant staff go off at 28 weeks due to covid. It was decided that because I had covid before Christmas my risk is low and therefore I will be working until I choose to go on maternity leave. They did say if I want I can work in the office as it is 'covid secure' or continue to work clinically. I have never had a sit down job so I've decided I would prefer to stay clinical. I usually work on NICU, delivery suite, and the postnatal ward but my managers are going to try and keep me based on NICU so I'm not being exposed to so many different people.

I have 2 weeks annual leave that I can take before maternity leave which I'm going to start at 34+5 and then I'm going to start maternity leave at 36+5. With my son I worked until a similar gestation and I don't think I could do 12 and a half hour shifts beyond that point as it's hard going.

I had my phone appointment with occupational health at work today as they have now changed the blanket rule that pregnant staff go off at 28 weeks due to covid. It was decided that because I had covid before Christmas my risk is low and therefore I will be working until I choose to go on maternity leave. They did say if I want I can work in the office as it is 'covid secure' or continue to work clinically. I have never had a sit down job so I've decided I would prefer to stay clinical. I usually work on NICU, delivery suite, and the postnatal ward but my managers are going to try and keep me based on NICU so I'm not being exposed to so many different people.

I have 2 weeks annual leave that I can take before maternity leave which I'm going to start at 34+5 and then I'm going to start maternity leave at 36+5. With my son I worked until a similar gestation and I don't think I could do 12 and a half hour shifts beyond that point as it's hard going.

Totally get you, I've never had a sit down job either. I worked 13 hour shifts up untill 38 weeks last time and t was knackering. Especially doing nights.

How's everything going. I've had a horrible two weeks with the bleeding. Been almost constant. Was in triage last week, admitted me to L&D, wanted me to stay for 24 hors after every bleeding episode but I refused as I would literally be there everyday in that case. My LB was distraught and wouldn't settle for my husband either and they eventually let me go at 10.30 pm because I only live 5 mins away. I was in all day, checked babys HB when I got there and before I left and thats all they would do apart from an internal. The dr who did the internal said he couldn't see an ectropian anymore so where the hell is the bleeding from?

But then on my notes it mentions ectropion ans the dr i saw before I left said it sounds consistent with an ectropian.

They won't scan me to see whats going on unless I bleed heavily theyve said. Just want me in there or sit on a bed, so I won't be going again unless I'm worried.

Saw my midwofe last week who told me not to bother going to triage again unless its heavy, im worried or having reduced movements. She said if I was just a little worried to ring her and she will come and check me herself. She said ir was ridiculous expecting me to stay in for 24 hours eveytime it happened as i would have been there for the last 7 weeks straight. She said if I hadn't seen a Dr down there she would have refered me for a scan to see whats going on but that she can't go against what the dr said.

I went for a private scan yesterday as I'm still bleeding lightly everyday with clots too and they couldn't find any reason for it either.

They were surprised he was complete breech but my LB was transverse up intill 36 weeks so I'm not.

Feel so frustrated with everything atm, glad im off work xxx

Totally get you, I've never had a sit down job either. I worked 13 hour shifts up untill 38 weeks last time and t was knackering. Especially doing nights.

How's everything going. I've had a horrible two weeks with the bleeding. Been almost constant. Was in triage last week, admitted me to L&D, wanted me to stay for 24 hors after every bleeding episode but I refused as I would literally be there everyday in that case. My LB was distraught and wouldn't settle for my husband either and they eventually let me go at 10.30 pm because I only live 5 mins away. I was in all day, checked babys HB when I got there and before I left and thats all they would do apart from an internal. The dr who did the internal said he couldn't see an ectropian anymore so where the hell is the bleeding from?

But then on my notes it mentions ectropion ans the dr i saw before I left said it sounds consistent with an ectropian.

They won't scan me to see whats going on unless I bleed heavily theyve said. Just want me in there or sit on a bed, so I won't be going again unless I'm worried.

Saw my midwofe last week who told me not to bother going to triage again unless its heavy, im worried or having reduced movements. She said if I was just a little worried to ring her and she will come and check me herself. She said ir was ridiculous expecting me to stay in for 24 hours eveytime it happened as i would have been there for the last 7 weeks straight. She said if I hadn't seen a Dr down there she would have refered me for a scan to see whats going on but that she can't go against what the dr said.

I went for a private scan yesterday as I'm still bleeding lightly everyday with clots too and they couldn't find any reason for it either.

They were surprised he was complete breech but my LB was transverse up intill 36 weeks so I'm not.

Feel so frustrated with everything atm, glad im off work xxx

Oh god that sounds awful! I hope the bleeding eventually stops for you what a nightmare. Definitely good you're off work, if you wasn't would probably be worth being signed off anyway. It's so hard with an older child as well. Luckily my toddler does settle for my husband but I think that's just because of doing shifts.

Luckily I don't have to do anymore nights after 28 weeks so that will help a lot as well. With my son I got signed off nights fairly early as my hyperemesis was worse on nights. I'm not feeling too bad this week. I had been having awful headaches and my sickness has come back. On one of my shifts I was on the postnatal ward and I must have looked terrible as the midwives insisted on checking my blood pressure but was all fine so that's good. The headaches have eased off a bit and now my main symptoms are sickness and heartburn which aren't the best mix! I am able to keep food down long enough that it doesn't affect weight etc but its awful.

I'm also starting to get a bit uncomfortable now and getting backache etc but that's just due to bump growing. Sometimes my bump goes so hard and uncomfortable and I think it may be a bit of Braxton Hicks but I'm not sure and it doesn't really bother me too much. I didn't get any Braxton Hicks until much later with my toddler and they were much more uncomfortable at that point.

Oh god that sounds awful! I hope the bleeding eventually stops for you what a nightmare. Definitely good you're off work, if you wasn't would probably be worth being signed off anyway. It's so hard with an older child as well. Luckily my toddler does settle for my husband but I think that's just because of doing shifts.

Luckily I don't have to do anymore nights after 28 weeks so that will help a lot as well. With my son I got signed off nights fairly early as my hyperemesis was worse on nights. I'm not feeling too bad this week. I had been having awful headaches and my sickness has come back. On one of my shifts I was on the postnatal ward and I must have looked terrible as the midwives insisted on checking my blood pressure but was all fine so that's good. The headaches have eased off a bit and now my main symptoms are sickness and heartburn which aren't the best mix! I am able to keep food down long enough that it doesn't affect weight etc but its awful.

I'm also starting to get a bit uncomfortable now and getting backache etc but that's just due to bump growing. Sometimes my bump goes so hard and uncomfortable and I think it may be a bit of Braxton Hicks but I'm not sure and it doesn't really bother me too much. I didn't get any Braxton Hicks until much later with my toddler and they were much more uncomfortable at that point.

I'm right with you with the headaches ans back aches! Had them at thisbpoint in my last pregnancy too! My bp is fine too and I get pretty bad headaches on my period so they put it down to hormones last time.

I've been getting braxton hicks since about 18 weeks. Had them from 20 something weeks last time. Uncomfortable.

I'm still bleeding on and off lightly with clots. Its really getting me down now, I've had some kind of spotting or light bleeding evey single day now for the past 3 weeks. So glad I'm not in work as id never cope atm .

Have midwife again Thursday and 28 week bloods and antenatal clinic Friday, probably be there all day as usual. Dreading it. At least I'll find out whats going on with my bloods soon though.

I'm 28 weeks on Friday so going to start a thread in third trimester section soon.

Terrified I'm going to go into ealry labour. Sometimes the blood is heavy cm mixed with blood, reminds me of mucus plug. Really stressing me out now.

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back