**** July 2014 Mummies ****

Awkward baby today at scan, so my 4D experience wasn't the best :( I think we got a few decent pics though, just need to wait and see when they arrive (post took a week last time). From what we did see though, baby had the same little button nose DD had in her 4d scan!!

Took so long trying to get 3D pics that didn't get many 2D pics, but here we go, Squishybaby at 26+3! xx

Attachments

• IMG_20140425_143237.jpg
    IMG_20140425_143237.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 13
Ohhhhh ex-fitness instructor ;)

So once this baby pops out.. What's the best plan of action? Power walking? Keeping the heart rate up.. And exercises to build up tonning!? My walks at the moment I track with gps and my speed is between 2.5-5mph- and I burn between 250-300 cals.. Does walking really not make a different to body shape at all?x

I think, your probably just maintaining at the minute. From my own personal experience, the only way I became toned was burning fat (through diet) and building muscle (by exercise). Doing things that your muscles aren't used to and increasing resistance. If you maintain what you have always done, it will be great for your cardiovascular health but won't necessarily tone. I personally found that cardio work did nothing for my body shape, however I know everyone is different. To change my shape and to tone I did alot of resistance training. I can feel myself day by day having less strength and being more flabby! It's awful! But its brill for your internal health that you do that much walking and will keep you flexible. I find that the less I do, the more i seem to seize up.

Hope everyone else is ok. Not had time to comment on things individually recently but been checking up to make sure everyone is doing well :)

Lovely pic Hun, think all our July babies are troublesome! Lol xxx

Awkward baby today at scan, so my 4D experience wasn't the best :( I think we got a few decent pics though, just need to wait and see when they arrive (post took a week last time). From what we did see though, baby had the same little button nose DD had in her 4d scan!!

Took so long trying to get 3D pics that didn't get many 2D pics, but here we go, Squishybaby at 26+3! xx

Awwww lovely pic! Gorgeous little profile :) x

So once this baby pops out.. What's the best plan of action? Power walking? Keeping the heart rate up.. And exercises to build up tonning!? My walks at the moment I track with gps and my speed is between 2.5-5mph- and I burn between 250-300 cals.. Does walking really not make a different to body shape at all?x

I think, your probably just maintaining at the minute. From my own personal experience, the only way I became toned was burning fat (through diet) and building muscle (by exercise). Doing things that your muscles aren't used to and increasing resistance. If you maintain what you have always done, it will be great for your cardiovascular health but won't necessarily tone. I personally found that cardio work did nothing for my body shape, however I know everyone is different. To change my shape and to tone I did alot of resistance training. I can feel myself day by day having less strength and being more flabby! It's awful! But its brill for your internal health that you do that much walking and will keep you flexible. I find that the less I do, the more i seem to seize up.

Hope everyone else is ok. Not had time to comment on things individually recently but been checking up to make sure everyone is doing well :)

Thanks Hun! :) maintaining should keep the dreaded diabetes away then.. My family seem to suffer from it due to weight! X

To find out your optimum heart rate for fat burning, you can do a wee formula.

To find your Maximum Heart Rate you subtract your age from 220. So for me that would be 220-30=190.

You then need to find out your Resting Heart Rate (by feeling your pulse and counting the number of beats per minute - the ideal time to do this is first thing when you wake up) which for me just now being out of shape is 80.

I find my Heart Rate Reserve by subtracting my Resting Heart Rate from my Maximum Heart Rate. So I do 190-80=110.

This is where it gets complicated!! To find your ideal heartrate for burning fat, you want to be doing roughly say 70-80% of your Maximum Heart Rate. So to find this you take your Heart Rate Reserve from above (mine is 110) and find 70% of this (110x0.7=77) and then 80% of this (110x0.8=88). Then you add your Resting Heart Rate back on.

77+80=157
88+80=168
So my ideal range for aerobic exercise to burn fat is between 157 and 168 beats per minute. If I wanted to track this while exercising, I could get a heart rate monitor (the chest straps are best).

As you can tell, it's all very complicated, but it's really the only way to effectively monitor how much work you're doing. Apps and things will only give you a vague idea as they can't possibly know what condition your body is in and what your cardiopulmonary system is doing right now.

Hope that's helpful and not just totally offputting!!! xxx

To find out your optimum heart rate for fat burning, you can do a wee formula.

To find your Maximum Heart Rate you subtract your age from 220. So for me that would be 220-30=190.

You then need to find out your Resting Heart Rate (by feeling your pulse and counting the number of beats per minute - the ideal time to do this is first thing when you wake up) which for me just now being out of shape is 80.

I find my Heart Rate Reserve by subtracting my Resting Heart Rate from my Maximum Heart Rate. So I do 190-80=110.

This is where it gets complicated!! To find your ideal heartrate for burning fat, you want to be doing roughly say 70-80% of your Maximum Heart Rate. So to find this you take your Heart Rate Reserve from above (mine is 110) and find 70% of this (110x0.7=77) and then 80% of this (110x0.8=88). Then you add your Resting Heart Rate back on.

77+80=157
88+80=168
So my ideal range for aerobic exercise to burn fat is between 157 and 168 beats per minute. If I wanted to track this while exercising, I could get a heart rate monitor (the chest straps are best).

As you can tell, it's all very complicated, but it's really the only way to effectively monitor how much work you're doing. Apps and things will only give you a vague idea as they can't possibly know what condition your body is in and what your cardiopulmonary system is doing right now.

Hope that's helpful and not just totally offputting!!! xxx

My head is scrambled!! Lol.. I'm no good with numbers haha.. Before I was pregs my resting heart rate was 65bpm I know that.. But I've never checked my fat burning rate.. I will try and have a go at the sum lol.. Xx

I am totally not worrying bout it til after the birth!

I am going to try and walk after work when the sun is out as the stronger your pelvic muscles the better, as I feel like Fos, if I don't do for a couple of days, I seize up and my hips really hurt!

I never normally do worry about weight/size in pregnancy but the mother inlaw is a cow to say the least.. She watches it for me grrrr! Xx

How we all doing over here? Great pic Leesey, got mine tomorrow. Just hoping all ok, back ache and keep getting crampy tummy but may just be wind (fingers crossed). Scaring myself so I'd better take myself to bed xxx

Morning how are you feeling now phoebes mum?? All ok now I hope!

Scan day for us :D can't wait!! X

Yeay, I can't wait either Sozzy. Really busy day ahead. Dd has a party this morning, then we're hoping to see a couple of houses, then scan! So excited! Just hoping we don't get flashed and stay team yellow! Ours is 4pm, when is yours? Xx

Phoebes mum - your day should go pretty quickly then!! :)

Ohhh your team yellow!!? I'm sure if you tell them this they will avoid that area, however I'd want to look! Lol.

Mines at 1:30! Hoping baby is a sleep so we can get better 'still' pics.. So no chocolate or fizzy drinks for me haha

Thanks sophied :) x

Looking forward to seeing your photos girls xxx

What a palava! Just back from hospital :roll:

Been getting sharp shooting pains up and down since Thursday evening, and today I had Braxton Hicks and cramping for pretty much the whole day!

So I phoned the midwife and she thought it was a urine infection so I was just to pop in to give a sample. So we 'popped' to the hospital (thinking we'd only ten minutes to give a sample and go, we only parked in the drop off zone!)

After 20 minutes she decided she wanted to put me on a trace and get the doctor down! Trace was fine, apart from squishy moving away from the monitor thing quite often. The doctor then gave me an exam down there (reminded me of labour) and took a swab, it was agony so I realised I was actually really sensitive and sore down there which I hadn't noticed.

That made them decide that it was almost definitely thrush, despite not having any other symptoms of it. So I left with a pessary, and I'll need to await the swab results before I know if I need antibiotics or not.

So that's been my day! So not what I needed after spending the day at uni. Knackered now!

How is everyone else today? Xx

Hey :)

Sorry to hear about your rough day Hun.. It's good that you got checked out tho.. Pains could have been anything!.. And sometimes having an untreated infection can lead to prem labour so it's was best you went :)

I'm ok.. Had my scan (pics are in tri3) when are you over?xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back