Jarred v Homemade

I loved how i could buy it already chopped into tiny cubes made it easy to blend and a lot less hassle and cheaper than buying it all in, very good for a quick dinner time... i dont have a steamer will look into it though! x

I just use a metal colander over a saucepan with a bit of boiling water in (an inch or so) instead of a steamer. Xx

I just use a metal colander over a saucepan with a bit of boiling water in (an inch or so) instead of a steamer. Xx

Ohhh i didnt know that thanks saves me buying one :D xx

With Seren I made absolutely everything home made.

With Bethan I'm doing half and half. I'm finding it much harder to cook toddler meals, adult meals and baby meals so I'm having to take a few short cuts here and there!

However I'm only prepared to use pouches in the very early stages when they are fruit and veg only. I can't get my head around cooked meat and fish in a pouch that's not chilled or frozen!

Once Bethan can eat pureed versions of Seren's meals she'll just have them, another month or so.

tapatalking

Proud mummy of Seren 15 Nov 2010 & Bethan 12 Oct 2012

I have a few EK pouches that I bought on special offer. So far we've tried a banana and a pear pouch... they just do not taste right to me??

Makes me wonder how something that is touted as being 100% natural and organic can taste so unlike the real thing (I know banana doesn't preserve well but what the Hell is in the pouches?? It doesn't say)

I am not properly weaning yet and when we do I think I am going to do a combo of BLW and homemade puree's! With the odd jar for when time is short / we are out etc...

xxxxxxx

I would never buy anything with banana in it, easier to give it fresh. They certainly add lemon juice to it. A loves conference pears when they are ripe and i used to bake apples for him in the early days (now she just eats an apple)

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I loved how i could buy it already chopped into tiny cubes made it easy to blend and a lot less hassle and cheaper than buying it all in, very good for a quick dinner time... i dont have a steamer will look into it though! x

Does anyone know if this would this work with pre-pared veg that isn't frozen??? There are some veggies OH and I aren't keen on so when we first try James it would be easier this way?

If he likes something then I'll learn how to properly prepare it all from scratch but whilst we are still finding out what he likes this could be a handy shortcut.

xxxxxx

I use prepared fresh veg sometimes ... Butternut squash is a pain to prepare :lol:

Aaron has refused nothing yet I think you'll be surprised at what james eats x

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

I use prepared fresh veg sometimes ... Butternut squash is a pain to prepare :lol:

Tapatalk madness!

Butternut squash! It took me over an hour just to cut and peel the damn thing!

Nat it's very much up in the air what they like/don't like. C refused swede today (first thing ever) but she may take it next week. I'll keep trying her anyway, apparently it takes 15 tries for them to decide if they actually like it or not? Xx

Tapatalk madness!

Nat it's very much up in the air what they like/don't like. C refused swede today (first thing ever) but she may take it next week. I'll keep trying her anyway, apparently it takes 15 tries for them to decide if they actually like it or not? Xx

Treat a bns like a jacket spud ... stab it and bung it in the microwave, peels and chops like a dream!

Tapatalk madness!

Treat a bns like a jacket spud ... stab it and bung it in the microwave, peels and chops like a dream!

Fab tip. How long for?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Butternut squash is easy, i chop it into small pieces and peel, much easier. My son loves butternut squash soup

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I have a few EK pouches that I bought on special offer. So far we've tried a banana and a pear pouch... they just do not taste right to me??

Makes me wonder how something that is touted as being 100% natural and organic can taste so unlike the real thing (I know banana doesn't preserve well but what the Hell is in the pouches?? It doesn't say)

I am not properly weaning yet and when we do I think I am going to do a combo of BLW and homemade puree's! With the odd jar for when time is short / we are out etc...

xxxxxxx

I actually think they taste like they should. I've been known to finish the last dregs :eek: Although the smoothNess is something I could never replicate at home

tapatalking

Proud mummy of Seren 15 Nov 2010 & Bethan 12 Oct 2012

Tapatalk madness!

I think next time my tactic will be to cut it into rounds (like a cucumber) and then cutting around the outside to get the peel off lol I have actually sat and thought about this! The inside scares me though (the seedy bit) lol xx

Tapatalk madness!

Fab tip. How long for?

5 or 6 mins softens it or a bit longer cooks it too

Tapatalk madness!

Another wee cheat. I had some frozen carrot a parsnip I had prepared earlier, so defrosted then heated it, added some coconut yogurt and some curry powder and wala! Veg korma! x

Tapatalk madness!

Fab tip. How long for?

5 or 6 mins softens it or a bit longer cooks it too

Tapatalk madness!

Ta muchly. I'll try this out x

Another wee cheat. I had some frozen carrot a parsnip I had prepared earlier, so defrosted then heated it, added some coconut yogurt and some curry powder and wala! Veg korma! x

Omg that is amazing! Will definitely be doing that. You could make it fresh then freeze in portions couldn't you? Xx

Also when you cook spag bol make extra freeze some of that but half it and put a wee bit of spice in it and make chili con cani too for a bit of varity. you can even add normal tined beans to it to add another taste/texture xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back