Brilliant news!! So happy for you...hope James is enjoying being home too xx

Great news that your home.

Now James I'm sorry to te you but you're grounded till you're 40 pal! :lol:

Thank you for your well wishes for Aaron Nat x

Excellent news!

Wishing a speedy recovery x

So glad to hear you are both home!

Enjoy being home and having snuggles with little James x

Ah I'm glad to hear James is well enough to be home :)

Well after letting me administer his inhaler just fine yesterday afternoon he has gone back to being a complete nightmare...

It took him almost 2 hours to go back to sleep after his 2am inhaler... in hospital he's be back to sleep immediately. It must be so scary having Mummy and Daddy doing the thing he hates??

Oh well, we just have to crack on!

Poor Mummy has had less sleep than she did in hospital :shock:

xxxxxx

This is the dreaded implement of torture lol

3eperaty.jpg

Last edited:
My nephew used to have the same for his asthma. Have you tried doing it to the teddy or pretending to do it on daddy and let him help? Thats how my sis in law overcome that one with travis. He soon got used to it. Poor james. X

I have one of those (minus the teddy design lol!) and it isn't pleasant for an adult, let alone a baby! Poor James :-( xx

Also-is there a little flappy valve in there? Travis used to get excited seeing it move. Think he may have been just slightly older than james though so maybe its no use to you. Just a thought, maybe james could see it and focus on that. Sorry-no more ideas now. Ashley had one for Ava maybe she could help xx

We use one for Ella and I hate doing it! I sing row row n wiggle her about to try n distract her while covering her face x

We're going down to 6 puffs so that might make it easier.

He has had it done so often and throughout the night so it's hard to make a game of it iykwim?

In A&E they gave us a different inhaler and told us to play with it to make it easier for James to get used... he managed to lose part of it never to be found again lol (he slung it and we couldn't find it)

I feel terrible but in my sleep deprived sleep I read the dosage wrong and thought we could reduce from 4 hourly to six hourly so I left him from 2am until 7.30am.. I was meant to reduce number of puffs not frequency! I feel terrible.... He seems OK though... Just an hour to his next does but at less puffs!

xxxxx

Last edited:
Oh hon, we had to use that inhaler too and Harry hated it so much! Really glad you're at home tho - much better than trying to entertain a cheeky monkey in hospital. We've been having to wake Harry up for meds too and it's awful, but thankfully last night was the last night. Hope you manage to get through ok and James gets stronger and stronger. I'm quite scared to send Harry to nursery now in case he picks up something horrible again, but I guess we can't wrap them in cotton wool... Hugs to you and gorgeous James xxx

It toke us a while to get Ava to accept it the hardest thing we found was Keeping it on her face for the 10 seconds every puff.... We had to do it through the night but was told to put it as close to her mouth as possible we managed to get it to rest on her mouth after a few nights when she was awake she would do it to me as I would pretend do it to daddy it toke a few days of crying and no but she now tries to push the button herself it's getting her to take the steroid 1 that's hard as it leaves a horrible taste in her mouth...

preserve and try leaving it for James to play with too that helped Ava as it wasn't such a foreign looking thing then....

She still pushes away but she's know here near as bad if we make a game out of it we can probably do the 7 seconds when she's awake compared to 0 she would allow before screaming 2 weeks ago x

Harry regularly has an inhaler. What we have finally found to work is we pretend to have a puff first so I say mummy have a go, then daddy have a go... Now Harry's turn. And we do this before every puff. It really has worked for us it's worth a shot! Good luck x

Thanks everyone!

Well we've been to GP and she wants us to go back up to 4 hourly inhalers :wall2:

I'd followed the "weaning" guide from the hospital and he had his last inhaler at 8.30pm last night. So we need to go back to 4 hourly for 24h and then 6 hourly for 24h and then see GP Friday!

We saw the same GP that sent us to A&E today and was able to give her a thank you card (and her tenner back as she lent me cab fare).

She said had James just come in today with his current chest she'd not even prescribed him anything but as he was so poorly last week she wants us to go back to the inhaler.

Feeling slightly disappointed that he is still showing a wheeze and still having the use the inhaler but at least we didn't get sent to A&E this time I suppose :roll:

Just to add we've tried every trick in the book to make it easier to give him his medicine. I think the issue is he had to have it so often to begin with we didn't get time to make it fun?? We just had to get it done!

xxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back