Fertility treatments and alternative therapy?

Morganna

Reaction score
I am a bit concerned as myself and my fiance have been trying for a baby for about 9 months now with no success. I have read it can take up to two years, however, since i came off the pill my periods have been very odd.

I am bleeding every couple of weeks and using ovulation sticks, it seems in this time i am not ovulating.

If i do manage a normal 4 weekly period, i spot for a week before i get a proper period.

I am going to see the doctor and ask about this, but can doctors prescribe tablets to aid the body ovulating?

Are there any alternative therapies i can try?

Some help please :)

Hiya :)

A lot of the ladies here use Agnus Castus to regulate cycles.

Have a nosey round for threads about it. :)

have you tried cutting wheat and dairy from your diet. I was trying for a while and after cutting out these foods got pregnant straight away!

hi, you could try posting this in the LTTC section, thre are some fab ladies in there who can advise on things like this. good luck.

Thank you for the replies :) i hadnt realised i had posted in the wrong section :oooo: i will post in LTTC section too.

I will have a wee search for Agnus Castus too. I dont take an awful lot of dairy as it is, but i will try cutting out wheat.

Thanks for the replies :)

its not the wrong section! just the ladies in LTTTC are so informed about all this stuff, they would be great at answering any questions. xx

Hi Morganna,
I have had - and will be having again- reflexology, specifically with regards ttc. It hasnt worked for me (yet) but there are some people who swear by it! That aside, I find it nice and relaxing and I suppose it makes me feel like I am taking back a little bit of control too.
Good luck

i've been off the pill for over a year and i'm still not ovulating properly. You can go to the docs and they can do blood test to check. If you're not then they can refer to a fertility clinic at a hospital. I'm not aware of anything your GP can prescribe for you. I went after 6 months and was told i wasn't ovulating so they put me on clomid. Clomid worked for me in terms of making me ovulate but unfortunately no baby yet:oooo: I'm trying to remain hopeful, although they will only allow you on clomid for a maximun of 6 months.
Good luck, let us know how you get on.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back