IVF round 2

Hi @CDK500 and @MelC2011

I've been reading this thread and we are all on 2ww at the moment. My test day is 2nd Dec.
I've got a similar story to CDK500 in terms of it being my round 2 and this time using ICSI.
1st IVF: long protocol, got 18 eggs, 15 fertilised but average to low quality, only 2 at nearly blastocyst stage so those 2 were transferred. None to freeze as weren't good enough quality. Mild OHSS, had to take a week off work with it. Pregnancy test negative.
2nd IVF: short protocol (they were aiming for less eggs). Got 12 eggs, embryologist suggested ICSI this time as issues with egg quality last time and not a good sample from hubs this time (compared to last time which was considered normal). 6 fertilised (6 were too immature to use), 5 were developing (1 looked top quality, 2 were good and 2 behind). On transfer day they transferred the one that actually made into blastocyst and was a good one they said. THAT made me smile. 2 embryos weren't good and 2 were at almost blastocyst stage so they kept them growing for another day. Unfortunately they weren't good enough to freeze in the end which was quite hard to hear as the quality had been better this time around. Mild OHSS again but felt so much better than last time. Waiting to take the test on Mon.

Today I had a full blown migraine which falls into my period window (I'd be on my period right now). The fact that the same thing happened during my 2 ww with round 1 makes me a little nervous that it's a bad sign.

This is my last NHS funded round so not sure where we will go from here if it doesn't work. I tell you that much, I'm so grateful to be on NHS funding as it would make IVF failure so much more stressful had I paid for it.

Wishing everyone lots of luck & positivity xx

Hi @CDK500 and @MelC2011

I've been reading this thread and we are all on 2ww at the moment. My test day is 2nd Dec.
I've got a similar story to CDK500 in terms of it being my round 2 and this time using ICSI.
1st IVF: long protocol, got 18 eggs, 15 fertilised but average to low quality, only 2 at nearly blastocyst stage so those 2 were transferred. None to freeze as weren't good enough quality. Mild OHSS, had to take a week off work with it. Pregnancy test negative.
2nd IVF: short protocol (they were aiming for less eggs). Got 12 eggs, embryologist suggested ICSI this time as issues with egg quality last time and not a good sample from hubs this time (compared to last time which was considered normal). 6 fertilised (6 were too immature to use), 5 were developing (1 looked top quality, 2 were good and 2 behind). On transfer day they transferred the one that actually made into blastocyst and was a good one they said. THAT made me smile. 2 embryos weren't good and 2 were at almost blastocyst stage so they kept them growing for another day. Unfortunately they weren't good enough to freeze in the end which was quite hard to hear as the quality had been better this time around. Mild OHSS again but felt so much better than last time. Waiting to take the test on Mon.

Today I had a full blown migraine which falls into my period window (I'd be on my period right now). The fact that the same thing happened during my 2 ww with round 1 makes me a little nervous that it's a bad sign.

This is my last NHS funded round so not sure where we will go from here if it doesn't work. I tell you that much, I'm so grateful to be on NHS funding as it would make IVF failure so much more stressful had I paid for it.

@Sweets2018 and @CDK500 Glad to see your updates a lot of baby dust to you and @MelC2011 too! Take care of yourselves and definitely no strenuous work like what you were planning CDK - good luck and lots of love!:hugs:

Hi @CDK500 and @MelC2011

good luck @Sweets2018 hope you get your BFP on Monday! God it’s so soon. I’m sorry you didn’t get any frozen ones but great that you got a good quality embryo! Are you going to test early? Fingers crossed you don’t have to do this again. I had 1 free round only, so we’ve paid for this round. We’re with our nhs hospital still though, made having ICSI much cheaper. I’m very fortunate to be able to fund it as I know a lot of people aren’t, but I’m not sure I’d pay to do this again.

Let us know how you get on!! I feel like this tww has lasted forever.

@Sweets2018 and @CDK500 Glad to see your updates a lot of baby dust to you and @MelC2011 too! Take care of yourselves and definitely no strenuous work like what you were planning CDK - good luck and lots of love!:hugs:

Thanks Paige. It’s nice having some cheerleaders in the background. I need it every now and then it’s so hard to stay positive. I didn’t do any of the painting in the end, which I’m glad about. Just been having relaxing weekends. Feel like I’m on the constant look out for AF though. I got my period a few days before my test date last time, hoping she stays away for me now though. These last few days before my testing date are going to be the worst!

good luck @Sweets2018 hope you get your BFP on Monday! God it’s so soon. I’m sorry you didn’t get any frozen ones but great that you got a good quality embryo! Are you going to test early? Fingers crossed you don’t have to do this again. I had 1 free round only, so we’ve paid for this round. We’re with our nhs hospital still though, made having ICSI much cheaper. I’m very fortunate to be able to fund it as I know a lot of people aren’t, but I’m not sure I’d pay to do this again.

Let us know how you get on!! I feel like this tww has lasted forever.

Thank you @CDK500 I feel like I'm going to need A LOT of luck right now as I started spotting today. Feels like period cramps. I even called the nurse up to get some reassurance. I didn't get spotting with my last failed round. I just really hope that my period won't start fully. She just asked me to rest over the weekend. Got an afternoon tea planned for tomorrow so that should be nice.

I won't be testing early, I will stay strong
How are you feeling today? X

Hey ladies ... just catching up!

@Sweets2018 please try not to worry about the spotting. It might just be nothing. I’m keeping everything crossed for you.
Love a good afternoon tea, so I’m really jealous. Try and relax and enjoy yourself tomorrow.

@CDK500 how are you feeling? Any symptoms yet? Will you test early?

I’m 2dp5dt today and still cramping lots.
Had a 4AA and 1CC transferred, this was all we had with none to freeze.

Keeping everything crossed for us all ladies xx

@Paige Evans thanks hun.
I love this forum as it’s so lovely to have the support of such lovely ladies xx

Thank you @CDK500 I feel like I'm going to need A LOT of luck right now as I started spotting today. Feels like period cramps. I even called the nurse up to get some reassurance. I didn't get spotting with my last failed round. I just really hope that my period won't start fully. She just asked me to rest over the weekend. Got an afternoon tea planned for tomorrow so that should be nice.

I won't be testing early, I will stay strong
How are you feeling today? X

Hope the spotting turns out to be nothing. I’ll keep fingers crossed for you. Afternoon tea sounds lovely! I have no plans this weekend other than to sit around and wonder whether this has worked!

I haven’t really had any symptoms, other than some cramping the other day. I keep getting a “wet” feeling and keep going to check in the loo but it’s just wax from the pessaries. I feel nothing otherwise...not sure if that’s good or not though.

@MelC2011 i won’t test early, I’m more concerned I’ll get my period early, will just wait it out. You got good embryos! Sorry you didn’t get any frozen ones, sucks not having a back up!

Hope the spotting turns out to be nothing. I’ll keep fingers crossed for you. Afternoon tea sounds lovely! I have no plans this weekend other than to sit around and wonder whether this has worked!

I haven’t really had any symptoms, other than some cramping the other day. I keep getting a “wet” feeling and keep going to check in the loo but it’s just wax from the pessaries. I feel nothing otherwise...not sure if that’s good or not though.

@MelC2011 i won’t test early, I’m more concerned I’ll get my period early, will just wait it out. You got good embryos! Sorry you didn’t get any frozen ones, sucks not having a back up!

@CDK500 I won’t test early either as also too worried my period will arrive. I have short cycles anyway.
This is it for us. Our final shot. This round has cost us 8k plus the 2k we spent on the frozen cycle earlier in the year we have nothing left.

I’m shitting myself, and really need to snap out of the negative thoughts xx

Oh ladies so many of you in the tww! It’s so exciting, I’m sending lots of baby dust your way.

I had lots of cramping and spotting with my bfp so try to stay positive xx

Morning ladies,
Thank you for your support. Spotting hasn't developed into a period but it hasn't stopped either.. I'm going to think positive and take it as a good sign. It's probably unlikely but I'm wondering whether me being sick 5 times when I had the migraine the day before brought the spotting on..who knows.

@CDK500
Having no symptoms is a good thing. They say it's perfectly normal not to get any symptoms during the 2 ww. Think this: no symptoms= no early period. Win win

I use pessaries rectally, not messy and I can be up doing stuff rather than lying down.
Hope you're having a nice chilled weekend

@MelC2011
It's not easy having the financial pressure on top of the whole ivf journey itself.. Stay positive, you have got 2 good embryos in a new lovely fluffy cosy home incubating..give them good food and send them warm thoughts. Who knows it could be twins in the end

I'm going to take my own advice and feed myself positive thoughts. Will go and enjoy the afternoon tea, yes will give my glass of bubbly to my friend . Will enjoy good company, xmas lights, laugh a lot..will make pancakes tomorrow morning, chill and then it's Mon morning eeek.

Lots of smiles xx

I’m getting AF type cramps. Feel like I’m just waiting for my period now. :( I feel like I’ll start bleeding soon

I’m getting AF type cramps. Feel like I’m just waiting for my period now. :( I feel like I’ll start bleeding soon

I’m sorry :( I really hope the cramps aren’t AF, still have everything crossed for you xx

Don't loose hope @CDK500 the day I got my first faint BFP I had serious AF type cramps and lower back pain! I even had some blood on the progesterone applicator I thought for sure I was out and that's why I tested so early, 7 days post transfer I believe. I have everything crossed for you! :)

@CDK500 try not to worry it might just be little bean getting all snug.

With my 1st ivf I was really cramping 3-4 days before I got my bfp, but was convinced af was coming.

Keep thinking positive xx

I hope it's nothing, try and keep your mind occupied with something else. Maybe watch your favourite movie or put some stand up comedy on, laughter is always good. Keeping my fingers crossed for you @CDK500

As for myself, unfortunately I started bleeding properly yesterday when I was out and about. It is game over for me . I am confused as to why I didn't get bleeding with 1st ivf when I had no chance of it working with poor embryo quality..and now with the only good embryo we had I get my period which says that implantation didn't happen. Is it because the 1st ivf was a long protocol and more controlled with drugs perhaps?
Anyhow emotionally I'm feeling a little better this morning after crying myself to sleep last night. I needed that cry. Still testing tomorrow am as planned. Then I guess it's a review with the consultant to see what he thinks is/ isn't possible for us..
It is time for pancakes to cheer me up xx

@Sweets2018 I am so sorry. It’s so hard, especially having a better embryo. I hate how unfair infertility is. Take care of yourself, hope you’re doing ok.

TMI ahead -
The wax from my pessaries is usually a bit dry on my sanitary towel. Today it was REALLY creamy, which means my period is likely on its way. I usually get creamy cm before AF. This happened last time I did ivf, and it was 3 day before my testing date so it’s like it’s going the exact same way to the day! If it does, I’ll start spotting and get some dark discharge by tomorrow and AF arrive on Tuesday. It’s like deja vu from round 1!! I’m preparing myself mentally now for the worst. I just don’t see it happening now. It was 2 poor embryos so I shouldn’t be surprised, which I guess I’m not, but still really disappointed. Thanks for the support everyone. Just dreading the next couple of days.

I’ve put on my favourite lipstick (yes it’s too much for a Sunday but I don’t care) and listened to my favourite upbeat song so just trying to make myself feel better :D

@Sweets2018 Oh honey I’m so sorry. This is just devastating. I assume you mean it’s full flow. Thinking of you and sending huge hugs. Like @CDK500 says fertility is just so cruel xx

@CDK500 please don’t lose hope. Still a few days to go. Plus it might just be your body gearing up as if af is coming like it normally would. Keeping everything crossed xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back