IVF round 2

Wishing you the best of luck tomorrow.

My egg collection should be Fri so only a few days behind you.
xx

Thank you so much for the well wishes ladies. It means so much to me. I was so anxious this morning (and hungry! My stomach doesn’t do well when I know I need to fast!) thankfully I was the first seen today so our appt ran like clockwork.

It went well :D I got 12 eggs. 1 less than last time. I’m surprised by it to be honest, since I was on stims for 2 days less than last time I thought by extension I would end up with less eggs (which I wouldn’t have been bothered about - I was wondered if I stimmed for less time I would have had less eggs but better quality ones). What was interesting is that the nurse I saw just before I went in mentioned that they fine that those who have between 5-10 eggs have the highest birth rate success. Overall I would be happy having less eggs if it meant they were great quality.

So now the long horrible wait for the phone call tomorrow! This is where it all fell down last time so I’m really nervous. Hoping ICSI should give us more embryos and crossing fingers that their quality will be decent.

Little bonus though - no pain after the EC! I was in agony last time, no idea why the recovery was better, they warned me it would be worse doing it so soon after my last attempt.

hope everyone is doing well x

Wishing you the best of luck tomorrow.

My egg collection should be Fri so only a few days behind you.
xx

I was thinking about you @MelC2011. Hope you’ve been ok with the treatment so far, keep us updated on your EC....best of luck!

Great news hun! Hoping the icsi gives you lots of embryos tomorrow! I’ll keep routing for you xx

Thank you so much for the well wishes ladies. It means so much to me. I was so anxious this morning (and hungry! My stomach doesn’t do well when I know I need to fast!) thankfully I was the first seen today so our appt ran like clockwork.

It went well :D I got 12 eggs. 1 less than last time. I’m surprised by it to be honest, since I was on stims for 2 days less than last time I thought by extension I would end up with less eggs (which I wouldn’t have been bothered about - I was wondered if I stimmed for less time I would have had less eggs but better quality ones). What was interesting is that the nurse I saw just before I went in mentioned that they fine that those who have between 5-10 eggs have the highest birth rate success. Overall I would be happy having less eggs if it meant they were great quality.

So now the long horrible wait for the phone call tomorrow! This is where it all fell down last time so I’m really nervous. Hoping ICSI should give us more embryos and crossing fingers that their quality will be decent.

Little bonus though - no pain after the EC! I was in agony last time, no idea why the recovery was better, they warned me it would be worse doing it so soon after my last attempt.

hope everyone is doing well x
I'm so happy that they got so many eggs! Will be rooting for you tomorrow!x

Glad all went well.

I hope the wait for the phone call isn't too long for you and they have lots of lovely eggs fertilised for you xx

Yayy to 12 eggs.
I am rooting for you <3
Will be watching for an update all day xxx

They’ve just phoned. Out of the 12, 11 were fine to do the ICSI treatment (i assume 1 wasn’t a mature enough egg). This morning 9 fertilised normally and are doing well! I’m so happy. The embryologist said they’re pleased with that number.

They've booked my transfer for tomorrow afternoon, but may call in the morning to reschedule based on how the embryos are doing. I take it if they’re good quality they’ll leave them and give me a later transfer date? I don’t know what usually happens, last time I had a day 2 transfer but I only had crappy embryos to choose from so a longer wait wasn’t advised. They didn’t even present me with an option of potentially rescheduling for a later date. My last embryos must have looked really bad at that stage.

Should I go to work tomorrow? I can’t have any strong smells on me...so no deodorant/shower gels etc....which will make me quite gross to sit next to or commute on a crowded train! But I don’t want other people’s strong smells to get all over me either! I could work from home, but if they cancel I’ll probably have to request another working from home day for a Thursday, and then Friday if they end up rescheduling again. Did anyone else go to work on transfer days? I’m probably overthinking it.

Also....forgot how gross the pessaries are! Yuk. I’d sooner go back to injections than have these for 2 weeks!

They’ve just phoned. Out of the 12, 11 were fine to do the ICSI treatment (i assume 1 wasn’t a mature enough egg). This morning 9 fertilised normally and are doing well! I’m so happy. The embryologist said they’re pleased with that number.

They've booked my transfer for tomorrow afternoon, but may call in the morning to reschedule based on how the embryos are doing. I take it if they’re good quality they’ll leave them and give me a later transfer date? I don’t know what usually happens, last time I had a day 2 transfer but I only had crappy embryos to choose from so a longer wait wasn’t advised. They didn’t even present me with an option of potentially rescheduling for a later date. My last embryos must have looked really bad at that stage.

Should I go to work tomorrow? I can’t have any strong smells on me...so no deodorant/shower gels etc....which will make me quite gross to sit next to or commute on a crowded train! But I don’t want other people’s strong smells to get all over me either! I could work from home, but if they cancel I’ll probably have to request another working from home day for a Thursday, and then Friday if they end up rescheduling again. Did anyone else go to work on transfer days? I’m probably overthinking it.
This is amazing news. I am soooo over the moon for you. I can't believe 9 fertilized that is so good.
Can i ask why they will transferring them back before the 3 day mark?
I would work for home hun - and if you have to take more working from home days then so be it. This is more important that going into work and you will effectively be doing work just sat at home. Praying this is it for you <3 xxx

That’s amazing news, hopefully they all progress well.

Isn't it more likely they’ll wait longer with more embryos this time? I think I would just go to work and be hopeful that the later transfer date will happen.

I don’t miss the pessaries but they could all be worth it for you this time xx

This is amazing news. I am soooo over the moon for you. I can't believe 9 fertilized that is so good.
Can i ask why they will transferring them back before the 3 day mark?
I would work for home hun - and if you have to take more working from home days then so be it. This is more important that going into work and you will effectively be doing work just sat at home. Praying this is it for you <3 xxx

I remember the hosp saying at the group appt that they do transfers anywhere from day 2-5 and it’s not uncommon to be told you’re booked in for one day, and then it gets cancelled last minute for another day. Maybe they book everyone for each day so they have the appt ready just in case the embryos decline? Or maybe because I had a 2 day last time they’re hedging bets I’ll need one again. It’ll be nice to get one that lasts until day 5 as they’re more likely to survive. It’ll be nice if they can be better quality - will give me hope it can still happen naturally if this round fails.

That’s amazing news, hopefully they all progress well.

Isn't it more likely they’ll wait longer with more embryos this time? I think I would just go to work and be hopeful that the later transfer date will happen.

I don’t miss the pessaries but they could all be worth it for you this time xx

Hopefully it will be! I’m tempted to go to work as I’m really hoping my embryos are good and they can keep monitoring them longer and cancel for later in the week. I just want to know one way or another :?

Oh congratulations! 9 fertilised is such a great number!

I’m so so pleased for you. I imagine they just book everyone in for day 2 and then push back if required so that they definitely have availability. I would try to be as available as you can just in case xx

keeping everything crossed for you x

@CDK500 fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you. Cross everything bar your legs is what my friend said to me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back