IVF round 2

CDK500

Reaction score
God I need to vent. LTTTC is so lonely.

I’ve started another around of IVF, or ICSI really - last time I had really low fertilisation rate and my embryo quality was poor. My consultant told me it might just be bad luck that I didn’t get good eggs, but it might be that my body doesn’t produce good enough eggs to make it happen naturally :(. If I get poor embryos this go round I might make this my last attempt at ivf, hubby was hoping to do another if this one fails but we’ll see.

Anyway, on day 10 of DR at the moment. My period has come and it’s the heaviest most painful one ever! It’s made me so moody today too. I don’t remember having this last time, I think I had a normal bleed which didn’t last long. This one frigging aches so bad though! Am I allowed to take anything for it? I can’t remember and I threw away all the information sheets I was given last time.

First scan is a week today so will hopefully start stimulation then. I hope it works this time. I feel like it will never be my turn.

Hi hun, just popping by to wish you good luck for this round xxx

Good luck, one day at a time is the only way through it. I’m pretty sure I was told it was ok to take painkillers, it’s just ibuprofen (or anti-inflamitaries) you need to be avoid at and after egg transfer. But phone up your clinic and check just to be safe x

Lots of good luck for this cycle xx

Like Bambi said I’m pretty sure it’s only ibuprofen to avoid, and don’t think that matters much until closer to egg collection

Thank you everyone. I’m trying not to be pessimistic but I just can’t see me ever getting pregnant. I hope I’m wrong. I really want this to work so much, especially since we’re self funding now.

The no ibuprofen thing sounds familiar. The pain has settled a bit so I think I’ll just power through for now.

When I did IVF I put music on and danced around the kitchen until it lifted my mood. Sounds crazy but if you pick your fav songs you end up thinking about old memories and happy times and it does the trick.

all the drugs put you on an emotional rollercoaster so if you feel really low today just know that 2mrw you might be feeling really positive. One day at a time chick. Xx

Wishing you the best of luck hun.
I’m into my 3rd round and started injections today.

fingers crossed for us both xx

Good luck with your cycle, I keep my fingers super tight x

Bambi that’s a great idea! I throw my best moves when no ones around to see them.

Good luck MelC2011! I hope your ivf goes well too. Fingers crossed

God I need to vent. LTTTC is so lonely.

I’ve started another around of IVF, or ICSI really - last time I had really low fertilisation rate and my embryo quality was poor. My consultant told me it might just be bad luck that I didn’t get good eggs, but it might be that my body doesn’t produce good enough eggs to make it happen naturally :(. If I get poor embryos this go round I might make this my last attempt at ivf, hubby was hoping to do another if this one fails but we’ll see.

Anyway, on day 10 of DR at the moment. My period has come and it’s the heaviest most painful one ever! It’s made me so moody today too. I don’t remember having this last time, I think I had a normal bleed which didn’t last long. This one frigging aches so bad though! Am I allowed to take anything for it? I can’t remember and I threw away all the information sheets I was given last time.

First scan is a week today so will hopefully start stimulation then. I hope it works this time. I feel like it will never be my turn.
Don't lose hope! Good luck on your scan!

Thank you Paige. I’m trying to push out negative thoughts. It’s too easy to get bogged down with everything that can go wrong. Its out of my control all I can do is focus on the next stage.

Had my scan today, all looking good and they’re happy for me to start stimulating. Took the first dose of menapor during the appt and will continue from tomorrow night. But glad I was able to make a start.

Next scan 15th Nov.

Thank you Paige. I’m trying to push out negative thoughts. It’s too easy to get bogged down with everything that can go wrong. Its out of my control all I can do is focus on the next stage.

Had my scan today, all looking good and they’re happy for me to start stimulating. Took the first dose of menapor during the appt and will continue from tomorrow night. But glad I was able to make a start.

Next scan 15th Nov.

Just two more days, excited for you, hope next scan's results will be good - good luck!

Thanks @Paige Evans I hope my scan goes ok too! If it’s anything like last time I’ll need an extra few days of stims. Would love for them to tell me it’s all ok and I can have my egg collection on Monday. Think it will be Wednesday though.

Thanks @chattychar1990, I’m doing ok. I think last time this part seemed to go quicker because it was all new and exciting. Feel like it’s dragging this go around! Last time I was always looking forward to my injections as it felt like it was so proactive and really oddly enjoyed doing them. Think because the excitements gone I’m finding it just annoying to have to do. I feel ok about the whole thing though, I can’t change my egg quality. ICSI will at least give us a better chance of fertilising as many eggs as possible. So long as I get 1 embryo good enough to transfer, that’s all I can ask for. Anything else will be a bonus. It’s hard to not be pessimistic but also not get my hopes up too high at the same time. Work is quite busy at the moment so at least I’m not thinking about it much during the day. Just impatiently waiting for Friday!

It was a while ago for me now but I think I felt the exact same way about my injections in the second round

First round was exciting and I was a bit hopeful but then second time round felt like because it didn’t work the first time I just wanted to get the whole round all over with.

It’s great you’re keeping busy with work, hopefully ec day will be here before you know it and really hoping everything works for you this time xx

Egg collection is now booked for Monday! I can’t believe it’s happening again. Last set of injections are tomorrow, with the trigger in the evening. I really hope it goes better this time.

such good news! Your body is playing ball if you didn’t need the extra stuns like you thought! Everything crossed for you, hope it goes well on Monday!

:dust:

Hooray! That’s great news! Here’s hoping there are loads of eggs waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back