IVF round 2

Thank you @SugaryIris and @Bambi42

The hospital haven’t called yet, they had done by now yesterday. Think the transfer will go ahead today. Hopefully at least one of my little embryos will be ok. I’m trying not to get to disheartened if it is a poor quality. My consultant said last time that once a transfer has taken place, you’re pretty much at 50% likelihood that it will work. Having a top quality one would mean your chances are only boosted by about a further 5%. Having a poor quality one might make it just shy of 50%. Or thereabouts. So there’s still hope.

Thank you @SugaryIris and @Bambi42

The hospital haven’t called yet, they had done by now yesterday. Think the transfer will go ahead today. Hopefully at least one of my little embryos will be ok. I’m trying not to get to disheartened if it is a poor quality. My consultant said last time that once a transfer has taken place, you’re pretty much at 50% likelihood that it will work. Having a top quality one would mean your chances are only boosted by about a further 5%. Having a poor quality one might make it just shy of 50%. Or thereabouts. So there’s still hope.
Keeping everything crossed for you hun!xx

Eagerly waiting to hear how it went lovely xx keeping everything crossed x

I’m home now. Embryo quality is the same as last time sadly. This morning my best 2 were 4cc. But this afternoon one has developed into 5cc, which I suppose is a good sign that it’s developing. They’ve transferred both those embryos. So I’m in the exact same position I was in back in June! Getting deja vu. They are going to check on the other embryos and call me on Saturday with an update on how they’re getting on, but in all likeliness nothing will come of that.

I’m a bit torn, I’m happy we had something to transfer and feel better now I know that I’m still about 50/50ish of this working. I guess I was hoping that we’d get good quality ones this time and that it was just a bad luck for my 1st failed round. Ivf aside, if I can’t produce good embryos maybe my body just can’t do this naturally. Just kills the hope of it ever happening regardless of what happens ivf wise.

anyway, I’m trying to be positive, the consultant told me a few months back they still get positive tests with c grade embryos so there’s so reason I can’t be one of those people!! Come on little embryos!!!

Sorry they weren’t better quality like you hoped but It does only take one .. so really hoping it will work for you still. xx

It’s so tough but there’s nothing you can do between now & results day apart from be kind to yourself, keep positive (dancing in the kitchen) and try and sleep. And but panty liners for the progesterone ‘fanny pills’

You’ve done an amazing job going through the process. We’re cheering you on xx

Well if it’s only a 5% difference in chances that’s not a lot! That should give you some comfort.

I hope that your little emby feels all at home now you’ve got it on board and you get thst bfp.

lots of love and baby dust! I’ll be counting down the days till test day xx

:dust:

Would it be ok to paint while in my tww? Our kitchen and downstairs loo really need painting and hubby won’t have time to do it on the weekend. He’s studying for a qualification for work and has been too busy to take study leave during work as he’s too busy, so he’s only got the weekend to do it. Should I not do it because of the paint fumes? Or would it be ok?

Personally I wouldn’t, because you are basically pregnant until proven not when going through ivf. first trimester is when the organs start to develop so this would worry me.
If you do really want to though, avoid solvent based paints, ventilate the rooms and wear gloves and a face mask for added protection. xx

Thanks Char, I’ll be honest I really don’t want to do it!! I think it’s too much to risk but hubby didn’t think it would be a problem. Think I just wanted someone to agree with me. It’ll just have to go unpainted!

I think shopping or a day out with your best friends is probably what the doctor ordered.

Fingers crossed this round is successful! I'll be rooting for you!

Thanks Char, I’ll be honest I really don’t want to do it!! I think it’s too much to risk but hubby didn’t think it would be a problem. Think I just wanted someone to agree with me. It’ll just have to go unpainted!
I wouldn't do it either but HAD to when the lady renting my apartment left. The bedroom needed a new base coat, the OH really did not want to do it, so I had no choice. I aerated the bedroom as much as I could, drank buckets of water, and took small breaks when I could. I was 12 weeks I think. It was summer so it was scorching! I think winter will be better to do it but try to postpone it if you can!
Hoping those embys will stick this time!x

Thanks everyone. I told OH last night that I didn’t feel comfortable painting and he just said ok and he understands, which was nice.

Embryologist has phoned to say none of our remaining embryos are good enough to freeze. It’s upsetting but thoroughly expected it. Whilst I’m not too fussed about it in terms of my treatment, it’s just makes me think it will never happen naturally for us. My eggs just can’t do it. If this round doesn’t work I may look into going to create fertility and see if they recommend one of their milder ivfs instead. Maybe that could give us a better shot? All assuming I even want to do this all over again. I just seem to be one massive problem after another :-(

I don’t want to dwell on the bad, I found a couple of webpages where women have claimed they got pregnant with cc grade embryos. I’ve got those bookmarked so will look at them whenever I’m feeling down. Odds may be against me but it’s not impossible for it to work.

How are you getting on hun?
Hope you’re feeling ok.
When’s OTD? xx

Mel how are you? I’ve been wondering how you’ve got on. I remember your egg collection was going to be soon after mine, where are you up to with your ivf? Hope it’s going well!

I’m ok thank you, bit gutted my embryo quality isn’t great, I was hoping it was just an unlucky bad batch my first time but it’s likely this will mean a natural conception isn’t ever going to happen for me.:-( I just never assumed my eggs would be so bad, I’m only 32!

I’m trying not to let it affect my mood for my ivf, but it’s hard not to think about. If I’m honest, I’d be very surprised if this worked out, I’d love a bfp but clearly luck isn’t on my side in the first place. I had some cramping last Friday when I was in work, and had some more today. Probably either AF on the way or a side effect of the progresterone. I don’t want to get my hopes up for anything else. Testing day is 4th Dec. Despite what I say I’m still trying to think positively where I can.

hope everything is well with you

Mel how are you? I’ve been wondering how you’ve got on. I remember your egg collection was going to be soon after mine, where are you up to with your ivf? Hope it’s going well!

I’m ok thank you, bit gutted my embryo quality isn’t great, I was hoping it was just an unlucky bad batch my first time but it’s likely this will mean a natural conception isn’t ever going to happen for me.:-( I just never assumed my eggs would be so bad, I’m only 32!

I’m trying not to let it affect my mood for my ivf, but it’s hard not to think about. If I’m honest, I’d be very surprised if this worked out, I’d love a bfp but clearly luck isn’t on my side in the first place. I had some cramping last Friday when I was in work, and had some more today. Probably either AF on the way or a side effect of the progresterone. I don’t want to get my hopes up for anything else. Testing day is 4th Dec. Despite what I say I’m still trying to think positively where I can.

hope everything is well with you

Aww hun, try and think possible.
Cramping is good and perfectly normal.

What progesterone are you on?
I’m on cyclogest and I bloody hate it. Really plays havoc with my IBS.

Will you test early?
I’m praying for your bfp hun.

Collection was last Friday and we only got 7 eggs which 3 fertilised (last time around got 12 with 9 fertilised) so am feeling very deflated about it all.
It’s transfer day tomorrow and feeling rather nervous.
I’m 40 now and this is probably our last shot. We’ve spent 10k this year so praying for the best outcome.
My OTD is 6th which is also my works Xmas do - could be interesting!

Keep us updated xx

Just wanted to send a huge amount of baby dust and good luck your way @CDK500 :smile: I'm more of a lurker on the forum these days, I mostly hang around so I can see some of us long termers finally get our well deserved and longed for BFPs! I'm rooting for you and will be thinking about you! :)

Aww hun, try and think possible.
Cramping is good and perfectly normal.

What progesterone are you on?
I’m on cyclogest and I bloody hate it. Really plays havoc with my IBS.

Will you test early?
I’m praying for your bfp hun.

Collection was last Friday and we only got 7 eggs which 3 fertilised (last time around got 12 with 9 fertilised) so am feeling very deflated about it all.
It’s transfer day tomorrow and feeling rather nervous.
I’m 40 now and this is probably our last shot. We’ve spent 10k this year so praying for the best outcome.
My OTD is 6th which is also my works Xmas do - could be interesting!

Keep us updated xx

yeh I’m on cyclogest too, they’re horrid. I swear they’re making me chafe too! I have IBS as well, it’s been bad pretty much most of the way through my treatment anyway since stress is one of my biggest triggers! I wanted to last time but my period came a couple of days before my testing date, so I decided I’m just going to wait it out this go around.

I can understand feeling down about having less fertilised eggs, but you’ve got them to day 5 which is fantastic! Hope transfer goes ok, let me know how you get on. I could never go to a work thing on my testing day. I’ve booked the whole day off and the next day too as I think I’d need the time to myself! We paid for this second round 2, still with our nhs hospital. I’m not sure at the moment whether I’d do this again. I think I’ll have to get my consultant’s opinion whether it’s worth us trying trying again knowing my embryos aren’t great. Also scared to keep throwing money at this and not getting a baby out of it!

OH was sweet last night, we were talking about the treatment and he just turned and said to me ‘it’s all I think about you know’. Guess it’s nice to know it’s playing on his mind all the time too. I’m a bit nervous he’s setting himself up for a fall, he said he’s thinking about the result being positive because it ‘has’ to work. I wish I had his optimism, I don’t want to disappoint. He’d be a wonderful dad and I really want to make that happen for him.

Just wanted to send a huge amount of baby dust and good luck your way @CDK500 :smile: I'm more of a lurker on the forum these days, I mostly hang around so I can see some of us long termers finally get our well deserved and longed for BFPs! I'm rooting for you and will be thinking about you! :)

thanks Pidge, hope you and the baby are doing well. I was googling 2 day transfer success stories last night - some of the stories are a few years old (some over 10!) but I found some where it worked which is nice and helped have me a bit of a boost. I feel like this next 7 days will go slowly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back