IVF ladies, progesterone

lisey

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

When did you come off of the progesterone? I am sure my notes say 12 weeks but do you wean off of them or just stop them at 12 weeks? The thoughts of that makes me nervous xx

Hi Lisey

My clinic put me on a weaning off programme and by 12 weeks I was off them completely. I think I was taking two pessaries a day until about 10 weeks then was down to one a day until 12 weeks xx I was the same, when I stopped taking them I was a bit scared, but they just reassured me and said the placenta will fully take over at that point xx

Thanks. I was on 3 a day and now I will start 2 a day for a week and then one a day for a week maybe? It's scary but the placenta should be doing most of the work now xx

I think I was taking three a day now you mentioned it, I can't remember :) xx

I did that off my own back. I asked the consultant way before we started if I could up it and he said it doesn't hurt so thought would do it. How are you doing? Bubs feeling too comfy still? Xx

I am not on any progesterone but I have heard 12 weeks to be off them by xx

I weaned off them the same as Jasmine. I went from 2 a day to 1 a day at 11 weeks and then stopped at 12 weeks. It was scary but as you know everything was fine. I think a lot of clinics stop earlier than that so you'll be fine xx

I did that off my own back. I asked the consultant way before we started if I could up it and he said it doesn't hurt so thought would do it. How are you doing? Bubs feeling too comfy still? Xx

I'm booked in for a sweep on Tuesday, if that doesn't work I'm being induced on 23rd! X

Thanks for the advice ladies x
Jasmine, I hope the sweep gets things moving x

Hey hon I think I was weaned & off by 14 weeks? I'll double check my notes. X

I was on 200mg utrogestan 4 times a day & dropped to 2 times a day on week 13 & stopped week 14. X that was the one I was most nervous about stopping x

Maybe I should stay on it longer then. I am nervous too xx

I need to find the paperwork. I am sure it just said to use up until 12 weeks xx

Last edited:
Can you give them a ring and find out? Or would your midwife know?

I was on progesterone injections so had to come straight off at 12 weeks, very scary. I had some pessaries left from last time though so took a couple with me when we went camping so I didn't go cold turkey. Was terrified I'd get a bleed but it was absolutely fine! :)

Thanks blueflower. It is scary xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back