Folic Acid

EmmBee123

Reaction score
My Midwife said to stop taking my folic acid at 3 months, does she mean at 12 weeks, 13 or later?

Have my last tablet of the pack all ready to take tomorrow morning, am past 12 weeks, is it worth buying another pack to take them for any longer?

i stopped at 12 weeks, having only started at like 8 weeks! but it doesnt really matter when you stop ! id just take the last one and not bother getting any more if i were you x

Honestly it doesn't matter... I didn't start taking them til late, about 7/8 weeks so I carried on until almost 17 weeks... If you think you've had enough, stop, if not, carry on :) xx

I wondered this too, and whether you should take a mother to be multivitamin once you stop?

You should take Folic acid from ttc to 12 weeks. This is because it aids the growth of the baby in certain area like spine etc. At 12 weeks you could take a multi vit but if you have a healthy diet and are eating everything you should be theres not much point. My friend was 10 weeks when she found out she was pregnant and the midwife told her not to bother with the folic acid as it was 'too late really'.
x

I stopped folic acid tablets at about 12 weeks, then moved onto pregnacare plus tablets :) x x

Ive heard Pregnacare plus are quite good for an all round vitamin cover and give you everything you need or might be missing. :)

I havent taken any supplements & everything seems to be going fine!

Other than folic acid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back