Progesterone results what do you think?

LD1978

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Had my first fertility appt this month and they want my bloods redone. Just called the docs for my progesterone (done on day 6 as day 7 was a sat) and she said the notes said normal ovulatory cycle and when I asked the number she said 27. Doesn't that seem low as I thought 30 was the minimum.

The first time I had the progesterone done my result was 31 so it now seems to of got worse!!! I get spotting which can be heavy from 10dpo every month and this month it's pink and red blood with bm (sorry tmi)

Could this be down to low progesterone and stopping my bfp.. Am so tempted to try an over the counter cream but don't want to mess about with stuff I don't know about.

I'm sure I ovulate as I get the temp spike when I chart!!

What do you ladies think?? I just told hubby the ladies on here are more knowledgable than the doctors ha ha xx

I'm not hugely up on this hun but didn't want to read and run. I got day 21 and 30 blood results back the other day (as when I have a cycle it's 37 days) and my progesterone was 0.4 and 0.2!!!!!!! So maybe the norm is 30 but maybe a fluctuation of a few can still indicate ov?? Temp seems a good indicator of ov fom what I can gather? Sounds like u are?! Good luck x

Do you mean 7dpo - 21 day bloods?!

I was always told over 30 was normal x

Mine were 20-23 before clomid - 36.01 this cycle :) and they said my clomid has worked :)

Hey girls,

Yes sorry meant 6dpo :) day 21 bloods (day 23 for me usually) the first time I had it done months and months ok it was 31 but this time 27. The results on the system say normal ovulation but I'm not sure I agree.

That's great on the clomid, did you have regular cycles before?? Fingers crossed this clomid cycle works for you x

lowish progesterone results and having spotting pre-period go hand in hand. I have this. I definatley ovulate - have regular cycles and my prog results are about 30. I am now on clomid as my consultant described it as a weak ovulation. Prog results are now around 50. Are u being seen at a fertility clinic or just ur gp?

Thanks itsbabytime - do you think the spotting would prevent bfp's?? Mine is sometimes so heavy I couldn't even class as spotting.

I've had my initial appt at the fertility clinic but they wanted all my bloods done again before making the follow up. I've left a message so hoping I hear back soon. I only saw the registrar initially and she didn't think spotting was an issue but doesn't feel right to me.

How many cycles have you been on clomid? X

Hey girls,

Yes sorry meant 6dpo :) day 21 bloods (day 23 for me usually) the first time I had it done months and months ok it was 31 but this time 27. The results on the system say normal ovulation but I'm not sure I agree.

That's great on the clomid, did you have regular cycles before?? Fingers crossed this clomid cycle works for you x

Hello,
my cycles ranged from 29-45 days generally above 30 days - had 1 spoof cycle of 26 but that must have been a fluke! :lol:

well AF came yesterday so im now onto cycle 2 of 100mg clomid so FX this will happen for me - no more bloods or anything until i finish these next 2 months on 100mg x

I've had two cycles of clomid so far. I get about half the spotting I normally get so it def works. Ur bodys progesterone is what sustains a pregnancy until the placenta takes over at about twelve weeks I think. Your results are not crazy low so don't worry. Speak to your doc and make sure u mention the spotting etc.

Ahh well I hope you ladies get your bfp with clomid soon. Sounds like its helping with progesterone and spotting. Xx

I've just spoke to the hospital and they want two more months of progesterone done to make sure I ovulate. I'm sure from charting that I do so seems like an unnecessary delay as I'm now two or three months away from my next appointment. She did mention maybe having clomid. I turn 34 this year and I think that's the age limit where I am for ivf so feel like time isn't on my side :(

Im convinced this spotting is abnormal - and worry if it's endometriosis?? I've said all along it's not right but the referral process takes so long. Do they never prescribe progesterone on its own??

Sorry to rant it just feels so useless. I guess my best bet is to give up for a few months while I get these bloods done. Xx

Last edited:
hI mentioned spotting today to my ivf clinic , she went through my blood results and all were classed as normal, I haven't got numbers as theyare posting me a copy, but I spot, quite heavily sometimes from Day 21/22 to Day 28 when AF arrives properly, I had thought might be something would show up on my bloods but no and she was completely not worried about it , if that helps you?

If you know your ovulating, maybee the progesterone will really help anyway and have an accumaletory effect on your lining month on month, so still positive for you X

Last edited:
Thanks JJ. It's frustrating as this month is so heavy I don't even know what day 1 is!!! It's heavy enough to need a towel - is this normal?? I'm due day 3 bloods and really don't know when to go, my full flow usually starts day 14dpo but I've got red at the moment (sorry tmi).

I haven't been given any progesterone and now have to have 2 more cycles of bloods done before my next appointment and am on hols in may so looking at August time before I can go back to the clinic. I know the process takes time but am debating going private for a consultation to maybe see what he says. It's the same consultant as nhs one ha ha :)

I'm glad your ivf clinic didn't worry, people say the same to me but can't help feel its not right :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back