Ivf appointment is THIS WEEK!

Slept like a log. Feel excited but calm. In the last week I've turned around from terror to feeling that whatever it takes we're so lucky to have this option available to us and I want to grab it with both hands

Slept like a log. Feel excited but calm. In the last week I've turned around from terror to feeling that whatever it takes we're so lucky to have this option available to us and I want to grab it with both hands

You attititude and outlook about this is so positive - you deserve this hun!!

I can't wait to read this afternoon's update!

xxxxxxxxxx

Can't believe it's the day of your appointment already hun, really chuffed for you, it's exciting stuff! Looking forward to seeing the update later! :yay:

x x

Love you all. Anyone in the real world would think I was nutty getting this excited. You lot are as bad as me :)

Sorry my darlings, I'm here now...logged on just to update you, give me a few minutes to write it and you'll know all the news...

ok my little impatient lovelies, this is what happened...

we got to the hospital, checked in, told them all our contact details and all that and sat down to wait. A nurse took my height and weight while we were waiting. There was a woman opposite complaining about having been there an hour and not having heard anything so we got our books out and settled down for a long wait

And were called 5 minutes later!!!

We met the consultant, sat down, confirmed that we don't smoke and are fit and active. Then he ran through our situation (results of tests) and asked if we had been told we were being referred for IVF with ICSI. We agreed, he said he agreed with the consultant at the local hospital and gave us two forms.

The first is for an ultrasound between day 2 & day 7 of my next cycle. But, as this is more 'for info' and won't impact the referral the second was to book our treatment.

We walked out shellshocked. Was it really that easy? As soon as we walked out the door we phoned the booking line, gave them our life story again and we're booked in.

We have a nurse led surgery thing on the 15th (that's 2 weeks tomorrow) where we'll get our prescriptions and taught how to use the drugs and have a general question and answer session, then we can start on our next cycle. I think I'm due on in the next week or so (having a weird cycle where temps haven't showed ovulation and haven't been paying much attention to any other signs but I'm on CD33) so it'll be the next cycle after that so around mid April.

We'll be on short protocol so don't need the two weeks of down regulation injections before we start - the same protocol Lou just did.

And that's about it. We're both so excited and can't wait to make our baby. We're not looking forwards to the process, but we're fixed on the end goal right now.

OMG I cant believe how simple the whole thing was :shock:

That is great news, and so quick as well, I always assumed having IVF meant waiting months and months for the treatment ... your looking at weeks :dance:

So happy that things are moving along so quickly for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back