I've just got glasses !!

JMC

Reaction score
After about a year of putting it off I finally got my eye tested and was told Im short sighted as hell

So i got my gigs the other day, ive tripped over 4 curbs already haha !!

Just gettin used to them

These pics should make u laff :p

With me gigs on
JMC_Glasses_on.jpg

4 Eyes
4_eyes.jpg

Serious Business
serious_business.jpg

Disguise !!
disguise.jpg

Hahah !!

Anyone else wear glasses? Do you hate wearing them?

i'm supposed to wear glasses but never get round to getting my eyes tested so i walk around squinting all the time!

you suit your glasses though - good choice of frames. they always make one look more itelligent :lol:

ToriElla said:
i'm supposed to wear glasses but never get round to getting my eyes tested so i walk around squinting all the time!
Yeh thats what i was like !! Everyone used to think i was stirring them out haha !!

ToriElla said:
you suit your glasses though - good choice of frames. they always make one look more itelligent :lol:
Thanks, those glasses were only £35, they were the exact same as another stylish pair for £85 so i got a bargain :D

fancy glasses Mr! I have glasses and I love them. I dont look right without them, its as if something is missing from my face.

It makes wearing make up a bit difficult, a problem which I would assume you dont have but hey its 2006, you never know.

They are very nice!

I wore glasses from the age of 3 until 2 years ago when I paid £2400 for laser treatment. It was the best thing I ever did.

Saying that though, I was soooooo short-sighted that there was no way I could get by without them. I think that some people just suit glasses and I didn't. I just look odd in all my old photos now. My daughter has to wear them for distance stuff, and they really suit her, and I think yours do too JMC. :D

they really do suit you 8) lol at your last pic though :D

im meant to wear glasses but i dont like the things

I need glasses badly but can't be bothered to go for an eye test. I did have some but I lost them yonks ago.

8)

tankett said:
I wore glasses from the age of 3 until 2 years ago when I paid £2400 for laser treatment. It was the best thing I ever did.

Saying that though, I was soooooo short-sighted that there was no way I could get by without them. I think that some people just suit glasses and I didn't. I just look odd in all my old photos now. My daughter has to wear them for distance stuff, and they really suit her, and I think yours do too JMC. :D

wow £2400 thats a lot of money !!

Did it actually work well?

What could you see better with, the glasses or laser eye treatment

I have worn glasses since i was 5 and i have had some seriously bad ones free from the NHS. Up until i got my own money my mum would insist i wear the free ones and as a teenager i looked like a mini mrs barlow absolutly shocking. Now i have some nicer frames my latest ones cost £100 and after 2 days i managed to accidently sit on them and break them while putting my contacts in :shock: (Old habits die hard i use to always try and break my old ones).
I prefere my contacts anyway lol

Does anyone use contacts?

Whats the deal with them

I'd hate to have to touch my eyes constantly :|

I use contacts but.............

the first ever time I got them and wore them home, I couldnt get them out when I went to bed. My sister helped me and was sticking a cotton bud in my eye etc and we tried for 2 hours! My eyes were all swollen and red so my sister phoned NHS direct for advice. They told us that I should go to A&E coz they couldn't stay in overnight so I had to wake up my mum at 2am and get her to drive me to the hospital so I could get them removed :rotfl:

Didnt put me off tho - had another crack at them and now wear them all the time. They are fab! Wouldnt be without them and Specsavers post them to me so I dont even have to pick them up. Give em a go!

JMC said:
wow £2400 thats a lot of money !!

Did it actually work well?

What could you see better with, the glasses or laser eye treatment

I now have 20/20 vision, which is better than even the surgeons expected! :dance:

You can get it for as little as £395 per eye, but I was extremely short-sighted, and my cornea was very thin, and I also had astigmatism. The combination of all 3 of these meant I couldn't even get it done to start with, and they turned me down a few years ago. They then wrote to me 2 years ago to say there was a new technology out (can't currently remember the name :think: ), and I went for another assessment. And they said Yes! :dance: :dance:

It's not actually that expensive when you work out that I used to spend £25 per month on contacts, and £350 once a year for new glasses. They were so expensive, not because they were designer, but because I had to pay extra for the ultra ultra thin and light lenses. So that's £650 per year, so I've already saved myself £1300. Less than 2 years to go and they've paid for themselves!! :dance:

Beware Sarah!

I was a speccy four eyes in denial for years until I noticed lines appearing round my eyes! now I wear my glasses everyday to try to hang on to my youth!!

Squinting is bad for you! :D

Im long sighted but dont wear my glasses much because i keep putting off taking them to vision express while they are still insured to get them realligned..

cas xx

I've got both contacts and glasses - although I only wear the glasses if I'm not going out. They make me look TERRIBLE.

I wore glasses only from the age of 7 till 16 and then I got the contacts.

I'm incredibly short sighted. My contact lens strength is -7.0

JMC said:
Ive just got glasses!!!

Well done! :lol:

Awww check you posing with your new glasses on.... bless lol

I wear glasses, but only for driving. Wish i didnt have to wear them, hate seeing the road and knowing whats coming :? lol
(bad learner driver)

Hi

Great choice they look great :D
I used to wear thembut when i was 6 got eye surgery still go cross eyes once in a while though.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back