Today I had an eye test..

leckershell

Reaction score
And after being told a few years back that I was incredibly long sighted and not to bother booking eye tests because they're a waste of money for me as my eyes are exceptionally good...

I need glasses! :shock: wtf
Apparently I'm now short sighted and my left eye is worse than the right.

Ok so stupid question, but what am I supposed to know? I don't have the foggiest about glasses and lenses and stuff. I went and had a play with some in Specsavers (the ones in Boots looked extortionate) but I don't think they suit me :(

I know there's nothing wrong with wearing glasses... but all the ones the lady was helping me try I kept saying they would make me look like a maths geek :oops:

Apparently I suit small frames that are curved around the edges not square.

Oh and I would have to wear them for computer work and night driving (explains my parking skills :oops:) so unless I get my job that I wanted, I'll have to wear them every day at work :(

Anybody have any glasses advice? Also, colour wise what are you sposed to pick that matches everything you might possibly wear?! And also does having your hair up and wearing glasses look wrong?!

Help please I'm such an amateur :oops: :(

I really think glasses would suit you!
I hate the trying them on part I always feel a fool and end up with awful ones that don't suit me.
If you do have to wear them all the time and you really don't want to wear glasses have you thought of contact lenses? I know nothing about them but I'm planning on getting them after baby arrives.

jools221181 said:
If you do have to wear them all the time and you really don't want to wear glasses have you thought of contact lenses?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :puke:
jools i just couldn't do the whole eyeball thing... honestly... :) lol

find the ones you like in the shop and then have a nosey online. there's loads of discount places that are way cheaper than the shops - you just need to give them your prescription. Also if you look on ebay you can sometimes get the frames and then send them to one of these places and get the lenses put in - much cheaper than boots :wink:

I've worn glasses since I was three and I hate buying new ones. I find it so stressful, I mean how am I supposed to tell what they look like on if I can't bloody see with the right lenses in? :lol:

In the past I've used Boots and Specsavers who were terrible at helping me choose. I used to avoid wearing my glasses and go around blind ;)

I got my last pair at Dollond & Aitchison and they were really really good. They made sure the lenses were fitted to be central to my eyes. You'd think that was an obviously thing but no other optician has ever bothered. They measured my face and made sure I got the right size and shape frame to fit. And they flat out refused to sell me glasses that weren't right for me no matter how much I said I liked them.

I go for dark frames, the ones I have now are charcoal so they match most things. If I had the money I'd have loads of diferent coloured glasses. But my lenses are really expensive as I'm as blind as a bat :D

About having your hair up and what have you, you should be fine so long as you get the right ones. I used to have a thing about wearing my glasses whilst wearing hats, but with these new ones it doesn't bother me. Also I always thought I couldn't have a fringe as it always looked wrong but I have one now and wear these glasses all the time.

One more thing, when your glasses are ready and they fit them it might take you awhile to get used to having them on your face. Don't be scared to go back and ask them to adjust them until you are comfortable, they should do it for free as part of the service.

Good luck! ;)
xxx

Thanks guys :) I don't know what it is but I just feel slightly disappointed in myself? ya kno? I know that sounds silly. And probably a bit self concious? My brother always used to get picked on :(

I know you're all probly thinking I'm making a big thing of something silly but its new to me :(

Nooo been wearing them for thirty odd years and I still get self concious sometimes. My older brother is the same. He stopped wearing his when he left school and only started wearing them again a few years ago when he boss released he couldn't see properly. :D

Potbelijo said:
Nooo been wearing them for thirty odd years and I still get self concious sometimes. My older brother is the same. He stopped wearing his when he left school and only started wearing them again a few years ago when he boss released he couldn't see properly. :D

:rotfl:

My glasses are LOUD. lol bright pink half frames :) I sometimes wear my contacts, sometimes my glasses. I'm blind as a bat but i loveee glasses :D

I was really squeamish about contact lenses at first, but you soon get used to it.

I saved up and had my eyes lasered. Best money I ever spent :wink:

I'd probably go to Specsavers or one of the cheaper places where you can get two for one deals, so you can change them every now and again. Like Sam&Alice I used to get bored with mine quite quickly.

Good luck :hug:

get small, thin lenses with thin silver frames that are oval or kind of square. or if u really dont fancy specs try laser eye surgery- i had it in 2003 i shoulda done it sooner theres no looking back ('scuse the pun!) i really reccommend it (if ur prescription qualifies) most places do interest free credit and its relatively cheap nowadays than in '03. i wouldnt recommend lenses they are a pain the ass (and eye lol)

oo.... i think glasses direct do contacts as well. i seem to remember the person who told me about the site said they sell contacts and they are cheaper than places like boots or specsavers... :think: she got hers there......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back