Ive had a very tiring day but very proud of myself :)

Naterjack

Reaction score
Ive had a very tiring day but am very happy and proud of myself - this may be a bit off topic but i had to share this with someone

Anyway - Lets start by saying that I am a terrible swimmer :oops:
Dad used to take me weekly as a kid to try and get me to learn but my fear of water prevented me from ever swimming
Now, aged 24, i know HOW to swim but just never do it unless i'm having a paddle on holiday, and never venture intot he deep end where i cant touch the floor (and i'm only 5ft)

Since becoming pregnant i've given up my hobby / exercise of horse riding and owning and god do i feel sluggish.
Last night i weighed myself and i've put on approx 1 stone since pre pregnancy (which i didn't think was toooo bad really, considering ive always struggled with my weight) but thought there and then that i MUST start exercising again ASAP.

SO ...... i got myself up at 7am this morning and hubby and I went lane swimming at our local pool.
Bearing in mind that i've never swam a full length of a pool, EVER and never go into the deep end - i did 2 lengths where i stopped half way (where i could touch the bottom before reaching the 1m 80 end), then did, about 4 single lengths, then carried on doing 2 lengths at a time before having a breather and by the time i'd finished, i'd done 18 lengths !!! :cheer: :dance:

I was so proud of myself and even rang my mum and dad to tell them
So right now i am knackered and eatign fruit as i feel so low on sugar / energy - think maybe i did a bit much for my first time, but ive got myself a monthly pool membership now so hopefully a fitter Nat will emerge

Well done if youve got to the end of this rubbish post :oops: :angel:

Well done hun, it is really hard work doing excersise in pregnancy i think, well it is for me anyway, swimming is brilliant and i really must start going soon, i dont even have to pay and still cant be arsed :oops:

Hi :wave:

Thats really great. Stuart and I joined a gym just before i found out i pregnant. Since then i've really only been in the pool and 18 lengths is great. Keep up the good work.

Grace xx

you make me feel soooo bad i havent done any exersize since i have been pregnant going on holiday next monday (not tom) and will be doing lots of walking and swimming to make up for it.

thats a fantastic achievement!! :dance: well done, you must be so proud of yourself considering your fear! :D

Well done you,
I too am only 5ft and not very good at swimming as I hate not being able to touch the bottom.

You are making me feel guilty now but my 13 and 9 year old keep me busy enough :)

Jo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back