Exercise to aid depression and bloat

EJ

Reaction score
Hi :wave:
I'm about 13 weeks now and the first three months have been really hard. I came off anti-depressants which I've been on for about 10 years about a month before I fell pregnant.
My mood has been so awful, anger :evil: , frustration :wall: , weepy :cry: and full throttle bawling my eyes out! I think its been a mix of coming off the pills and hormonal changes.
I did very little physically up until last week, wanted to make sure baby was where it should be and established - scan perfect! Plus I was physically exhausted.... :sleep:
Started off with walks And this week began swimming - from 40 to 50 to 80 lengths in upto 45 mins continuous swimming and feel fantastic! :dance: One length breast stroke, one length freestyle. And on the days inbetween I walk for 30-40 mins, about 3 miles. All with music - on ebay you can get a waterproof mp3 which fits onto your goggles - great - takes the boredom out of doing lengths! And good old ipod for walking.
I now have more energy and feel so much more contented and satisfied and don't have the guilt of sitting on my bum all day. :wink: I've also ordered a cheap fold away exercise bike which I want to use in the evenings, safer then my bike on the road. WIll let you know how that goes.
Will keep exercising as much as my body lets me and keep eating healthily, its definately helped the dreaded bloat!
How are other people staying active and happy? Be interested to hear other strategies.
X :hug: X

Goodness me I hope my OH doesn't see this post.

He is CONSTANTLY nagging me to do more exercise yah-de-yah happier blah blah healthier blah waffle better for the baby.

He's right of course but I really CBA :rotfl:

I totally admire you for getting off your bum and doing all that exercise though - you're a better person than me!!

Hello :wave:
Welcome to Tri2 :dance:
I kept fit by cycling to an from work at managed to continue untill 21 weeks but bump protested loudly and i felt physicaly sick with the pressure of riding on my bumps. so stopped that.
I walk every where when my man is away as i dont drive
I love going for walks in the countryside with my man.
My line of work as a Nursery roomleader keeps me on my feet all day.
Thats my exercise :oops:
Id go swimming but im a Northerner who refuses to waist £20 of a cossie i'll use a handful of times :shakehead:

I go to the gym 2-3 times a week and love it, I use the cross trainer and bike for 20 mins each then down to the pool for a 30 min swim, I find on those days I sleep better, I haven't bought a special costume, just use my tankini, this covers most of my bump, but I don't mind it not being all covered.

Oooh i feel so bad! You are doing so well!
I tried swimming, i really don't like swimming. I lasted 20 mins in the water before i was bored and fed up. The others i went with stayed in the pool so i sat and ate chocolate and watched :oops:

I joined a gym one, in fact 2 gyms. I went 3 times (between the 2 gyms). I didn't like that.
I have a car, i should walk more but anywhere i need to go is too far :(

I'm lazy, most of the time i just can't be bothered! I like the idea of walking a dog, but i don't have a dog. lol. Maybe pushing a pram will make walking more fun? - obviously once i've had the baby!

But go you!!

god im so lazy reading this post

i like to do a lot of walking but thats about it, i have bought a pregnancy fitness dvd but havnt used it yet - i must use it soon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back