Weighed myself lastnight :-(

rachcraig

Reaction score
Made a big mistake and weighed myself at my mum and dads house for the first time since Christmas. It wasn't good, I've put on almost 2 stone :-(

I knew I'd put on weight but I really didn't think it was that much. I've gone up one dress and I'm still doing a lot of walking and swimming but 2 stone :shock: I've still got 18 weeks to go!

Just wondered how much you ladies had put on? xx

I put on over 4 stone when I had my daughter! A stone and half went just giving birth and the rest fell off over a few months from breast feeding so try not to worry too much about it. This time however has been totally different (must be having a boy!) and I've lost a stone from the morning sickness which still isn't wanting to come back on even though I feel like all I do is stuff my face!

Thanks Sarah. I can easily see myself gaining 4 stone by the time i'm due to give birth but I've seen your bump pics and you're a skinny wee thing so it reassures me that the weight can be lost! I'm going to try and eat a bit better over the next few months aswell though. xx

Last edited:
I was a size 16 after having my daughter! Took about 9 months to put on and 9 months to loose it!

I'd put on 2 stone when I got weighed at my 16 wk appointment..... I'm avoiding scales until the MW orders me too. I know I'm putting it on but it's not as it i'm eating like a pig or anything, so putting it down to Bubbs and they size my boobs have rocketed to, I'm convinced those alone weigh a stone each!! lol xxx

I have no idea and I don't want to know!!!! I know its a lot but the midwife didn't weight me at my 16 week appointment which I am VERY pleased about!!!

I have put on about 3 stone, i am not over eating not even used the excuse i am eating for 2, i have got a lot of swelling so i am hoping when bubba finally makes an appearance that a lot of it will be just water and go almost straight away probably not my luck though

Thanks everyone. I didn't think I was over eating either, I'm having a lot more fruit and salad than I ate before I was pregnant. Hopefully a lot of it is just the baby and water. xx

I lost a stone and a half when i got my very first bout of morning sickness...i was that ill i was off work for 2 weeks and couldnt even keep water down... im now 30 weeks on Sunday and i weighed myself the other day... i have put back on what i lost at the start and an extra half a stone...

luckily i can still fit in my size 10 jeans with them comfortably under my bump :)

it will all be worth it when your little prince or princess arrives :)

i've put on 4 and a half stone! i was the same with my first baby.. i managed to lose it OK last time so fingers crossed i'll lose it OK this time! try not to worry too much... as long as baby is growing well, thats all that matters x

I havent weighed myself simce my 12 weeks midwife appiontment, got my 20 week 1 next week so am bound go get a massive shock when I get on them scales!

I am maid of honour at my sisters wedding 12 weeks after my due date so wont have long to shift some of the baby weight, I am praying I dont put much on (I wish!!!)

Best keep up that swimming!

So far at 30+5 I've put in about a stone but expecting that to increase within next 9 weeks! X

with Jude I put on just over 3 stone and lost a stone at the birth. But I am 5ft 4in. NOt every pregnancy is the same. I have put on half a stone and am 16 weeks. Not sure if this helps its just that with my last one I had to eat all the time to stop feelin sick, but now I have to be careful what I eat so Im not sick. So am eating less but not because I am super good or anything. Dont worry darlin the weight will come off after xxx

I've put on about 8kg... So...... About 1 stone 3Ilbs :) x

Aggghhhh I weighed myself today (after saying I wasnt going to!) and I have put on 1 stone 4 pound in 20 weeks! How????

I was very shocked - I swim 2-3 times a week and go the gym twice a week! I am desperate not to put loads of weight on with me being maid of honour 12 weeks after my due date eeeeek!!!

Aggghhhh I weighed myself today (after saying I wasnt going to!) and I have put on 1 stone 4 pound in 20 weeks! How????

I was very shocked - I swim 2-3 times a week and go the gym twice a week! I am desperate not to put loads of weight on with me being maid of honour 12 weeks after my due date eeeeek!!!

A lot can be water retention as well. My friend got married 9 weeks after giving birth and had ordered her dress before finding out she was pregnant, luckily she managed to get into it almost straight away even though she did put weight on it all went really quick. Is the dress your wearing quite forgiving? One of my bridesmaids got pregnant so we got a dress maker to put a lace up back in and it looked lovely.

I put over 3stone on while I was pregnant!! I lost 2stone almost straight away and with the breast feeding etc and have now joined Weighwatchers were I have lost 11lb in 6weeks. I was lazy though and could have joined when JJ was 6weeks but I wasn't in the right frame of mind! Kell you will do it no problem, you are dead good when you are on a weight loss mission :) (p.s. HIYA!! :wave:)

i'm a weird one (as usual) stayed the same during the first 20 weeks, although lost loads of 'size' my wedding dress was too big at 17 weeks and i had had it fitted just 2 weeks before. i have now put on 4lbs since then, but still loosing 'size' its weird. i have dropped 2 dress sizes, not even maternity clothes, in 'real' ones. i expect to put a lot more on though in the second half, i was curvy to begin with and have an under active thyroid which means super slow metabolism anyway..... but as long as bubba is healthy its all i care about. (am still dreading being weighed by the mw though! take care and try mot to wory too much! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back