I've got an unwelcome guest..

Emma58

Reaction score
I woke up this morning to the sound of scratching and movement underneath my bedroom floor :shock: think we have a mouse!!

I'm wondering if it's the same little one that was running around my living room last year while we were watching TV one night. We had the lights off and heard scratching and a ripping noise and when OH put the lights on there was a big tear in the carpet and something had chewed through it!
Whatever it was had been near one of the vivariums because one of the snakes was going wild.

:shock:

Let the snakes out for a bit, that'll solve your mouse problem :D

OH has already suggested that - but is worried we might lose one of the snakes.

Emma58 said:
OH has already suggested that - but is worried we might lose one of the snakes.

Tie a bit of string round them :lol:

Only joking, yeah I doubt you'd see a snake again if it got loose :D We have squirrels living in our loft floor/bedroom ceiling. Noisy little buggers they are :roll:

lou said:
[
Tie a bit of string round them :lol:

Only joking, yeah I doubt you'd see a snake again if it got loose :D We have squirrels living in our loft floor/bedroom ceiling. Noisy little buggers they are :roll:

OH and DS would be heartbroken if they lost one of them!! :shock: Not kidding either.

I bet squirrels make a right racket :shock:

I would offer to bring the cat round but she's the female version of garfield and just wouldn't be interested in hunting it out, we had a mouse in the dining room a couple of years ago and she just sat and watched it :roll:

You need to borrow squiglets shaved cat. The mouse will die laughing :rotfl:

Mice chewed the wiring in our ceiling, which started a fire.

Get many traps would be my advice.

lou said:
You need to borrow squiglets shaved cat. The mouse will die laughing :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

I think OH is buying traps today :( I don't like the thought of them though.
You can buy these plug in things that emit a sound the mouse doesn't like and is supposed to deter them. I'd rather try them.

the only mice we have here are in the freezer for our snakes lol

what types do you have? i love my snakes :D

*Star* said:
the only mice we have here are in the freezer for our snakes lol

what types do you have? i love my snakes :D

We have mice in the freezer too!

My OH has 4 Royal Pythons and DS has 2 corn snakes (1 Hypo and 1 Carolina) which have just bred so we are waiting for her to lay her eggs!

We have had a few other types as well though!

What do you keep?

i love my royals!

we have a spider royal, and a pastel royal (hopefully a breeding project next year)
6 more normal royals. 2 sand boas, and 2 argentinian rainbow boas, and 3 boa constrictors :D

we have a bearded dragon too :)

*Star* said:
i love my royals!

we have a spider royal, and a pastel royal (hopefully a breeding project next year)
6 more normal royals. 2 sand boas, and 2 argentinian rainbow boas, and 3 boa constrictors :D

We have I think :think: a Tiger banded, High Gold, High contrast and a Normal. Oh is hoping to breed them. Only one of the little buggers is feeding though at the moment!

*Star* said:
i love my royals!

Remind me never to visit you!!!

I would seriously be happier with the mouse in the house than a snake! :shock: The scare the bejesus outta me!!

I heard mice like chocolate so could be worth putting that in a trap as opposed to cheese.

Otherwise get a cat.

[quote="SarahH]Remind me never to visit you!!!

I would seriously be happier with the mouse in the house than a snake! :shock: The scare the bejesus outta me!![/quote]

Aww they aren't that bad.

You can get humane traps that catch them live.

Just make sure you release them a long way away from the house, not within a few hundred metres at least, further if you can as otherwise they just make their way straight back in.

I am going to get the humane ones. Unfortunately we live in an area where there are lots of farmers fields and i'm sure we will at some point end up with one again.

ugh - we got up this morn and found our pastel had died :( am gutted, he was a lovely snake.

we need to cut down with this baby on the way. our spider is a high yellow from nerd, she cost a fortune, but she's a darling lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back