British Gas Homecare GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

skairdykat

Reaction score
I am so annoyed with them.......

Our boiler started making a whistling noise a few weeks ago so we called them out. An engineer came and said it was sludge and put in something to get rid of the sludge.
A few days later it was still the same so another engineer was sent out. He said it needed a new part so he came back yesterday with the part.
Prior to him coming we had hot water & heating it was just the high pitched noise.

While changing the part he told us the PCB (the circuit board)got wet, and after 3 hours of him messing about it still wasn't working and fault lights were flashing. He obviously had got ****ed off by now as it was 4pm on a Friday and prob wanted to get to the pub.

He then told Rob that the PCB would dry itself out and would work again in about an hour. He then left knowing we had no heating or hot water.

An hour after he'd gone we noticed water was dripping from beneath the boiler and it still wasn't working. Rob phoned homecare at 5.15pm and told them it was dripping and fault lights were flashing only to be told they couldn't get anyone out until today even though it was their engineers fault that the boiler wasn't working.

Surely that engineer shouldn't have left our house knowing that we had 2 children in the house and no water or heating. Rob filmed on his mobile the initial problem (easier to show the engineer than try and explain the noise) and has since filmed it how he left it - flashing lights and dripping all over the top of my dishwasher.

Another engineer came this morning at 8.45am and was stunned the engineer from yesterday had left it last night knowing full well it wasn't working. He said the PCB is knackered and we now have to wait till Monday for him to came back and put a new one on.

We're having to boil kettles just to have a wash!!! And have borrowed a plug in radiator from next door. It's bloody baltic in here :(

Oh and I forgot to say when Rob said to the woman at the call centre, who said she was a manager, that he wasn't happy with waiting till today, the cheeky mare said there was nothing she could do and put the bloody phone down on him :evil:

skairdykat said:
I am so annoyed with them.......

Our boiler started making a whistling noise a few weeks ago so we called them out. An engineer came and said it was sludge and put in something to get rid of the sludge.
A few days later it was still the same so another engineer was sent out. He said it needed a new part so he came back yesterday with the part.
Prior to him coming we had hot water & heating it was just the high pitched noise.

While changing the part he told us the PCB (the circuit board)got wet, and after 3 hours of him messing about it still wasn't working and fault lights were flashing. He obviously had got ****ed off by now as it was 4pm on a Friday and prob wanted to get to the pub.

He then told Rob that the PCB would dry itself out and would work again in about an hour. He then left knowing we had no heating or hot water.

An hour after he'd gone we noticed water was dripping from beneath the boiler and it still wasn't working. Rob phoned homecare at 5.15pm and told them it was dripping and fault lights were flashing only to be told they couldn't get anyone out until today even though it was their engineers fault that the boiler wasn't working.

Surely that engineer shouldn't have left our house knowing that we had 2 children in the house and no water or heating. Rob filmed on his mobile the initial problem (easier to show the engineer than try and explain the noise) and has since filmed it how he left it - flashing lights and dripping all over the top of my dishwasher.

Another engineer came this morning at 8.45am and was stunned the engineer from yesterday had left it last night knowing full well it wasn't working. He said the PCB is knackered and we now have to wait till Monday for him to came back and put a new one on.

We're having to boil kettles just to have a wash!!! And have borrowed a plug in radiator from next door. It's bloody arctic in here :(

Oh and I forgot to say when Rob said to the woman at the call centre, who said she was a manager, that he wasn't happy with waiting till today, the cheeky mare said there was nothing she could do and put the bloody phone down on him :evil:

Thats so annoying did the first guy leave you any paper work? I wanna know who he is and report him!!

They came knocking on my door the other day trying to get me to sign up, I'm not interested they've been ripping people off for years

eugh how annoying.

I know what its like to have no hot water and heating, we went without either from Christmas eve 2005 (Lydia was 3 months old) to well over a year later (something like 18 months in total). It truly sucks.

When my sister moved into her new house, British gas didnt send her a top up card for her gas for 1 week. they were full of excuses and they knew that she had her elderly mother in law living with them at the time. The House was freezing. It was sickening. :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back