its hit me ...

Beckyb1991

Reaction score
The disapointment of a bfn has finally hit me! I'm absolutly devastated! :( ... I'm thinking of going to the doctors to be tested , I've been off the pill since november... Does anyone know how long you have to be 'trying' for to get tests? I'm guenuinly concerned somethings wrong. My sister suffered pcos and endometriosis and I heard it can run in familys ? Xx

did you get AF? could you have ovulated later than you thought if not....?

I think most areas you have to be ttc for 1 year before any tests and sometimes they will see you after 6 months if you are over 35..... i;m sure they will talk through any symptoms you may have that could indicate you have similar things to your sister tho :)

My area was 1 year but has increased it to 2 years. We've been trying for 3.5 years but had an early mc last may so they said we'd have to wait until 2 years had passed since the mc (which would take us up to 4 years and also almost 35 years old!). Luckily (kinda) hubby's 2nd sperm test came back bad again so they've let us be referred now rather than waiting until next summer. Think the docs were quite happy to do the basic blood and sperm tests after a year, it was the fertility clinic refusing our referral until we'd gone 2 years without a bfp, so if you have concerns it's definitely worth seeing the doc. I know other ladies have been referred regardless of mc's so not all of them are totally heartless!! ;) x

Normally its 1year babe. Im guessing by your name you were born in 1991? :) me too! my doctor tried fobbing me off for month with age etc - stand your ground! if i hadnt demanded tests i still now wouldnt know there was a problem. its worth a shot now as your only 3months off a year xxxx

I'm just gonna say a year , I'm getting fed up waiting and when I have periods there so heavy and painful I have to take a couple days off work. Yeah clair 1991 :) I'm 22 - its young but I've always wanted to be a mum , I work hard and earn good money , I have a stable home and have been with my partner nearly 5 years. I don't go out a lot or spend my money on crap , in some ways I'm in a better position than some 30 year olds lol xxx

my sister came off the pill and withing 8 weeks she was pregnant everyone is different

It took me from June- November last year to conceive and I am 21 (nearly 22) and I had a chemical and a miscarriage and then it took me January - April conceive again. I know it's less then what you have been ttc but I wasn't on the pill or any form of contraception never have been. Have you been stressing about conceiving? As that won't help but been there myself. I know everyone says take your mind off ttc but it actually worked for me. When I conceived in April we didn't use any conceive plus or pressed lube and as far as I was concerned I wasn't due to ovulate for a few weeks. Turns out I got my bfp and I think I was 5-6 weeks when I got it .. I thought I was 3-4. Have you tried taking a relax approach? I hope you get your bfp soon xx

Hi hun , I'm glad to know I'm not the only younger one on here, I didn't think anyone would take me seriously. Yeah I was really relaxed about it up untill this month , because I was symtom spotting I was sure I was up the duff lol! ... Other than that I'm usually relaxed , I don't use ovulation tests or anything .. I do take folic acid but I have reasons for doing so! I think this month is hard because everyones getting preganant and its just so hard watching a baby boom that I'm not a part of :( xxx

I know how you feel hun but everyone is different. I came off the pill last June and only just got my bfp. A friend of mine came off before me and her periods are still not regular. We were going to be referred to the fertility clinic as it had been a year but another doctor I saw at the start of the year told me two years.

Try and keep positive, easier said than done I know but it will happen xx

Oh and for what it's worth, I used to symptom spot every month. This time I didn't have any symptoms, even had my spotting that I get before the witch so I thought I was out. It just didn't get any heavier and I was two days late which was why I tested.

Hi hun , I'm glad to know I'm not the only younger one on here, I didn't think anyone would take me seriously. Yeah I was really relaxed about it up untill this month , because I was symtom spotting I was sure I was up the duff lol! ... Other than that I'm usually relaxed , I don't use ovulation tests or anything .. I do take folic acid but I have reasons for doing so! I think this month is hard because everyones getting preganant and its just so hard watching a baby boom that I'm not a part of :( xxx

Babe...im 22 - born 1991 :) just wanna be mummy! were in this together bird :) <3 xxx

If you suspect you have pcos aside from ttc then they should see you straight away, good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back