Update from doc visit

Geminiblue

Reaction score
Doc managed to get blood from me (others cant) and is doing hormone check LH & FSH, she is sending me for a scan for pcos and sending me to a fertility consultant. The OPKs picked up something wrong with LH and what with my age and family history of miscarriages/pcos/endometriosis/early menopause, time is of the essense they feel...I can breath now feeling like I am doing something positive about it all.

One question I asked her was about stress affecting conception...she said that stress delays ovulation therefore affecting the entire cycle...that the luteal phase is 14 days (obviously a couple of days either side) but that you cant ovulate and then have your af weeks and weeks later.

Now this isnt my opinion just what my doc said. Ive heard other things to the contrary so I thought I had better check ans share with you girls.

xxx

So does that mean no matter what length of cycle I have, I ovulated 14 days before hand?

Sorry hun, don't mean to butt in but I'm irregular just like you so find it helpful lol. :blush:

I'm really pleased that they're doing something for you hun and I really, really do hope they can sort things out for you. x x

Thats great that they are sending you for some tests hun :)

Glad your getting sorted Gemini!

Well done with the blood test too.

Good luck with everything!

xx

P.s Miss July, that is correct that you OV 14 days before the end of your cycle, not matter how long the cycle.

Thanks Maybe.

So CD54 for me today, wondering whether I OVed at all. :(

Will be phoning the doc soon I reckon. x

Hey MissJ - yes like someone else on here said...14 days after ov (there or there abouts) . Basically, I kept all OPKs I did for 20days I think it was and took them to my docs (stuck to a piece of paper) and the second line was always nearly there, for the entire 20 days, some, maybe 3, where slightly darker....

Still no af which means the last one which was slightly darker would have been our cd39 so would have af by now.... does that make sense.

One strong element of me getting seen other than all the probs and age is that the LH is high all the time. Which could be a sign of pcos....but I can stress to the point it delays my ov which then has an impact. AND not ov due to high LH reasons whatever they maybe.

AND dont worry about asking me anything hun, I dont mind, ive completly outed myself on here to such an extent nothing is a secret any more :hugs::) you ask away xxx

oh yes cd54 for me too and it seems I havent ov'd at all yet. Have you spoken about clomid with your doc? xxx

Thanks hun, I really do appreciate it.

I hope they can finally get you some answers and put your mind at ease. :)

I'm considering going to my doctor too, my husband is starting to get really frustrated as well. This cycle is almost two weeks longer than my last cycle already and I'm starting to wonder if I even ovulated.

Bloody irregular cycles, a nightmare eh? :(

Aw hun,

When did you start/stop the OPK's?

I think I might not have OV'd last cycle either now, I thought I missed it last time around CD 15 but now I'm on CD17 and still no sign...

xx

Gem - No, not been to see the doc yet and the last time we went was before we got married in July and were given the results of the scan on my ovaries and blood tests. Have heard about Clomid, will have to do some research on it. Had a really good chat with hubby last night and we spoke more about using OPKs but I don't think I could bear doing a test every day whether it's HPT or OPK.

x x

MaybeBaby - thanks. If you had a period you ov'd at some point but may have missed it, doc said this anyway.
MissJ - yeah you know I understand, Im still 16days shorter at the moment than last cycle its hellish and it did nearly send me over the edge doing opks and hpts so often. I think clomid makes your cycles shorter (I havent looked into this yet though so youd need to find out) so at least theyre not so long then you can opk again thats what I plan after all the tests.

Thanks hun. :hug:

Will chat to hubby about going to the docs and will ask about Clomid and Agnus Castus too. x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back