itchy palms and feet!!!

bev

Reaction score
OMG!!!!
I'm going completely nuts, itchy palms started yeaterday and hasn't stopped so no sleep, and soles of feet started to itch this morning, driving me insane :twisted:
Apparently it will only go away when baby is born, COME ON BABY! Combined with that, SPD and downing gaviscon by the gallon I hope baby arrives soon :pray: :pray:
Any one else had this and survived?

Sorry for the moan.

Bev x x

Isnt that meant to be really bad if you start to itch on the sole's of your feet and plams?

Have you been checked for Intrahepatic Cholestasis ?? :think:

You need to get your GP / MW to send liver funtion tests and bile acid tests off if you have itchy hands or feet.

as violet-glow said, it could be Intrahepatic Cholestasis (or OBSTETRIC CHOLESTASIS).

I had itchy hands and feet at 28 weeks, had tests sent off and they have come back positive for OC.

I can't stress the importance of getting these tests done if you itch on palms of hands or soles of feet!!!!!

:shock: :shock: Oh crap!! Had looked it up on a search engine earlier and it opened a pregnancy page which said it was normal and a sign of increased levels of estrogen. i'll give my midwife a phone just to be safe though.
Thanks for the advice girls :hug:

Bev x x

it can be, but then it is also symptoms of OC. Best to get it checked out.

I agree though, itching anywhere is a sod! camolie (sp) lotion is good. Also i have been given piriton for the itching. Might be worth asking your MW if that could help you.

Let us know how it goes. :hug:

PM me if you want a chat about it hun!

Hope it turns out just to be normal preggy itching Bev!!

Awwwwww, I agree with the rest best to get it checked. I have eczema which has been aggravated by pg hormones and I'm getting checked out for OC as well, so you wont be on your own. It is much more likely that it is just a pg thing, but it's good to be on the safe side and check :hug:

yes very important you get it checked out!!! i had this and had Leorah 3 weeks early. read the stivky about OC and read the stories iof others that have had it. Good news is the meds really work quick on the itch, good luck :hug:

skatty said:
yes very important you get it checked out!!! i had this and had Leorah 3 weeks early. read the stivky about OC and read the stories iof others that have had it. Good news is the meds really work quick on the itch, good luck :hug:

The meds work ruddy quick! my bile acid levels are down to 2.2 from 32 and the itching is loads better :dance: !!!! Vit K tastes like gone off smarties though :puke:

my doc has prescribed me a huge tub of aqueous cream (i think that is what it is! lol), and that helps loads with the itching.

It annoys me when i read in mags that itching is normal! although (could just be me noticing it cause i have it), but a few do say if it is localised speak to your MW/GP. Its sad cause i get really excited when i read it! :oops:

skatty, hows little Leorah doing?

Hi all, thanks for the supprt.
Well, rang midwife and was told to come down to get bloods taken for liver function last night. They did a 30 min tracing of babys heart and movements which were great and it also showed up the mild contractions I have been having. Dr did an ultrasound and all ok there too, head well down :cheer:
Just have to phone back aft 3pm today for results of liver function. The dr said it is unusual to be OC at this late stage in pregnancy but if it is they will induce me :|
So no sleep last night really and hands and feet driving me nuts! roll on 3pm.

Bev x x

aww! Make sure you let us know how it goes! Fingers crossed the results come back normal, but it is best to be safe!

:hug:

I wrap my feet in a damp towel for a few mins to cool them down if nothing else works. My feet get very warm at night though.

Yea, I know what you mean, had to get up loads last night and run my hands under a freezing cold tap. Went back to bed clutching a freezing tin of DH Guinness :rotfl: It did work though, for a while. Feet don't seem to be just as annoying.
Read the sticky on OC, it's amazing how many people get it or have probs getting it diagnosed and it can appear in last few weeks of pregnancy. Soo glad this forum is here, seriously, what would we do without it :shock: :hug:

Bev x x

Glad your midwife was able to get you seen to so quickly lets hope its nothing to worry about :)

Good luck hun and lets us know how you get on :D

You say youve been having contractions? How long have you been having them for and what do they feel like?

Is this your first?

Sorry about all the questions just curious :D

any update?

ooo i do hope everything comes back ok. :hug:

Pop a damp flannel in the fridge. Gets nice and cold :)

I gave up trying to fight the itch at night and dtayed up watching tv with my hands and feet in a washing up bowl of iced water! Hope you are ok, perhaps she's in being induced :shock:

Sam, thanks for asking about Leorah. I think due to being early she has had many digestive problems but apart from that its great! :hug:

aww! fantastic! glad she is doing well :hug:

ooo! does anyone know if bev was planning to text someone on here if she did have her bubba today?

Hi, sorry took so long with reply I had to phone a few times.
Well all results came back clear, no elevated anything :cheer:
The midwife was great and said if it keeps itching to phone at any time day or night, she also ran the results by the Dr again. They think it's a rush in hormones at this stage, especially since I've been having braxton hicks contractions frequently and said I'll prob go into labour soon. So pleased I don't have to be induced. The itching is still driving me nuts so gonna get something from Dr tomorrow.
Tasha, contractions have been coming and going frequently for a good 3 weeks now but in the last week they are more frequent, at least one every 20 mins, lasting about a minute at a time. They come in spurts throughout the day, not painful, starting at the top of the uterus and tightening all the way down, tummy goes rock hard, weird feeling. It was mad to see them on the trace at hosp last night, the midwife was, oooh, you've been having contractions then?
Thanks girls for all the support and advice, it's lovely :hug: :hug:

Bev x x

aww! fantastic news!

glad everything is ok. :hug:

Looks like we could be seeing pics of your LO soon then! :cheer:

What a relief Bev, was worth getting it checked out though at least its given you peace of mind and fab news about labour being imminent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back