itchy boobs

mum2A&L

Reaction score
last few days my boobs, esp my nipples have been really itchy (sorry TMI).

Im assuming its just where my boobs are growing. keep putting cream on them to try and stop the itching.

Am i the only one experiencing this?

My leakage as slowed right down though. I don't need to wear pads quite as much. :dance:

My boobs were itchy in my last pregnancy so i assume it's normal =], this time they just really hurt =/.

xx

my boobs have been really itchy from around 20 weeks, i think its normal though :)

Oh, just want to add its not the same type of itching i had with alice, Im not worried about it. Its no where near as bad. Its more of an iritation. If it gets worse i will go up to my GP and have bloods taken.

Just want to see if its just me.

My boobies have been itching like mad since early in tri1!!

Really annoying and a little embarassing when you get caught out with your hand down your bra all the time :lol:

I have itchy boobs to and my nippels are cracked (tmi sorry)

Yay!!! So glad am not the only one, is driving me mad. Thought it depended on my bra but makes no difference. Nips, boobs, and like Jools pretty much everywhere! Also been getting really sore nips. Anyone know why this happens???

Yip, had it both pregnancies - drives you mad!

I have been experiencing this too...
First time I saw doc I got Dermol lotion which is basically justa moisturiser... showed MW and she told me to see another doc as mine were cracked and minging - she gave me some hydrocortisone cream. Seems to have sorted out the cracked bits and if I feel itchy I slap on the Dermol.
The itching drives you mad though!!! And not the easiest of places to scratch in a subtle way!!!!

Me too!

I scratched without thinking when I was at aquaerobics last night, stopped when I realised what I was doing :oops: I really hope no-one saw from the viewing gallery bit, I had kind of forgotten about the people up there. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Still sooo itchy :evil:

my nipples are awful!!!! cold flannels are helping it a bit. i sit infront of the tv with flannels on my boobs. Must look lovely :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Mine have got worse again today, and they woke me up in the night too.
I have made another docs appointment for Monday - this will be the third one!!
So far I have tried Savlon, E45, Sudocrem. Dermol, Hydrocortisone...... It's driving me mad :evil: :evil:
It alsmost feels like prickly heat in my boobs. And they are either unbelievably itchy or they feel like they are burning :(

kmac said:
Mine have got worse again today, and they woke me up in the night too.
I have made another docs appointment for Monday - this will be the third one!!
So far I have tried Savlon, E45, Sudocrem. Dermol, Hydrocortisone...... It's driving me mad :evil: :evil:
It alsmost feels like prickly heat in my boobs. And they are either unbelievably itchy or they feel like they are burning :(

have they sent tests off to check your liver function (lft's or alts)? Localised itching can be a sign of a condition called obstetric cholestasis. I had this with alice, and i was around the same stage as you it was diagonsed - but the impression i got was that it isn't till a lot further along it tends to be diagnosed. It tends to be that it itches most on your hands and feet, but mine was mostly the inside of my arms.

My GP admitted he didn't know of this condition and would have just sent me away with creams. it was a MW at the hospital who sent liver tests off.

It most prob isn't, but i feel i have to mention it.

The itching i have is nothing like the itching i had with alice. I scratched through to the point i made my arms bleed.

ooo.. and try poping a dam flannel in the fridge for a bit.... mmm... lovely and soothing. :lol:

:shock: :shock:
I'm a bit worried now!!
the doctor did ask me if I had itchy palms - I thought it was an odd question!!
there's a thread on this isn't there - dare I read it now??

kmac said:
:shock: :shock:
I'm a bit worried now!!
the doctor did ask me if I had itchy palms - I thought it was an odd question!!
there's a thread on this isn't there - dare I read it now??

really, don't worry!!!! im sure it isn't, i felt i needed to mention it. if your doc asked about itchy palms and didn't send you for a test i really wouldn't worry too much. he seems to know what he is talking about.

there is a thread in third tri, but if you are anything like me - don't read it until you know either way or you will worry. yes if you do have it there are risks if you do have it , but if it is detected they can drastically reduce those risks. Just one look at my little lady reminds me that fact. There is a high risk i will get it this time around, but as long as if i do, i get the same level of care i had im not worrying.

I started about 25 weeks and didn't think anything of it really, till two weeks later when i was awake all night with scratching and really hot feet. i had tests taken at 28 weeks, repeated at 29 to check.

If i was you, i would ask for LFT's & ALT's to be checked. Best to put your mind at ease than worry over it.

if it is though - piriton helps, camomile lotion is said to help. aquasis (sp) cream as well. :hug:

Sam&Alice said:
there is a thread in third tri, but if you are anything like me - don't read it until you know either way or you will worry. :

Too late!!
Have had a major panic but am calming down now. My hands and feet are fine it is just my boobs.
I have noticed my wee is a bit darker though :think: but I don't have any other symptoms. I was at the MW less than 2 weeks ago and she checked my wee and took blood - although I don't think that's to test your liver with is it?

Cripes. Must try and keep calm. Am going to doctors on Monday so will mention it then. Is it k to wait until then?

kmac said:
Sam&Alice said:
there is a thread in third tri, but if you are anything like me - don't read it until you know either way or you will worry. :

Too late!!
Have had a major panic but am calming down now. My hands and feet are fine it is just my boobs.
I have noticed my wee is a bit darker though :think: but I don't have any other symptoms. I was at the MW less than 2 weeks ago and she checked my wee and took blood - although I don't think that's to test your liver with is it?

Cripes. Must try and keep calm. Am going to doctors on Monday so will mention it then. Is it k to wait until then?

As far as i know it should be - i went two weeks between blood tests and finally getting told what i had.

Please don't stress!!! there are plenty of mums who have had this and have had healthy happy babies. Itching can be completely normal. When im stressed out i itch, pg or not. Im feeling bad for scaring you now - i didn't mean to, i just felt i had to mention it - more for the fact you had been to your gp about it. Mine didn't know about it and i would hate for yours not to know and it be missed (if you catch my drift).

I don't think stronger wee is a sign? But it would suggest you need to drink more (i always get moaned at about not drinking enough when i go to my mw or gp).

No, i don't believe your liver is tested as a routine test :think:

can you not book a GP appointment tomorrow? at least then you can lift the maybe weight off your mind. Ive been told (but only due to having it before) if i itch too much before 25 weeks, to call our MW ward at my local hosptial and go in for tests there and then. Im due to have tests at 25 weeks.

Please don't feel bad - I would rather it got diagnosed if i have it and I wouldn't have known to mention it to doctor if you hadn't said. So don't worry!

I don't think I would get to see a GP tomorrow unless it was an emergency and i got an appointment through NHS 24.

From what i've read the itching is constant? Is that right? (mine isn't)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back