itchy boobs

kmac said:
Please don't feel bad - I would rather it got diagnosed if i have it and I wouldn't have known to mention it to doctor if you hadn't said. So don't worry!

I don't think I would get to see a GP tomorrow unless it was an emergency and i got an appointment through NHS 24.

From what i've read the itching is constant? Is that right? (mine isn't)

Mine was worse first thing in the morning, in the evening and through the night. I had days where it was bad 90% of the day. i would scratch whilst asleep as well and thats when i would do the most damage.

make sure you keep us updated. try not to worry. as you said best to know than not and what will be will be. you can get the treatment needed to do what is best for you and bubs.

having OC did have a couple of plus points. i got fortnightly scans - it was lovely to see alice grow!! i was also started at 37 weeks and had an exact date i would be started for weeks before. Made planning everything much easier. and looking at her now, all the stress and stuff that went with it was more than worth it.

If you need a chat anytime PM me. :hug:

I rang my mum and she (and my husband) told me to phone NHS 24. I'm just waiting on someone calling me back.
Hopefully they can just put my mind at ease for over the weekend, then I will see the doc on Monday.
I'm probably getting worked up over nothing - but I can't stand the thought that something might be harming my baby.
Will keep you posted xx

kmac said:
I rang my mum and she (and my husband) told me to phone NHS 24. I'm just waiting on someone calling me back.
Hopefully they can just put my mind at ease for over the weekend, then I will see the doc on Monday.
I'm probably getting worked up over nothing - but I can't stand the thought that something might be harming my baby.
Will keep you posted xx

im no expert, but the impression i got are the dangers at this stage are small. Its only after 37 weeks the risks are bigger.

Do you have a hospital with a maternity ward near you? Give them a ring, im sure they can help. Thats where i was referred for repeat tests and where i have been told to contact this time around. :think:

A nurse just rang me back - and she used to be a midwife so that was good!
She knew all about obstetric cholestasis, but she said it would be highly unlikely it would just be my boobs that were itching, and due to hormones etc it's quite normal for the itching to happen. It's just something that some women get during pregnancy.
She said as i have a docs appointment on Monday anyway, to take in a urine sample and mention my concerns. But basically not to worry unless it gets worse and in more places.

So I think I feel reassured now, not so panicky!! It's a shame as DH and I had a really nice day out together (shopping!) and i feel like I spoiled it a bit by getting in a tizz.

I will definitely mention it to the doctor on monday though - so thanks for making me aware!! :hug: :hug:
Like I said I would much rather be aware of it than risk it going undetected.

Glad they have reasured you :hug:

I really didn't mean to scare you, but reading you had been to your gp and remmebering that mine didn't know about it, i felt i had to mention it.

:hug:

Hope the itchy boobs stop soon!!!! i recon mine are just where they are getting bigger (well its more like filling out :oops: ).

Well, I wasn't wakened by itching at all last night and they don't seem too bad this morning - although I haven't had a shower yet and sometimes that sets them off.

Anyway - will still go to docs on Monday just to have a chat about it all!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back