Itching

gracie

Reaction score
Please help me.

Just over a week ago i started itching firstly on my hands in-between my fingers. I then developed a red rash with an itch on my arms. Its progressed now to the tops of my feet and even inbetween my legs and the knicker line :oops: . The rash comes and goes so even though i phoned my doctor on Tues she wasn't worried and just said to moisturize. I was worried initially due to coming into contact a couple of weeks ago with slapped cheek symdrome but it doesn't look like that even to me.

On my hands the rash is different and its really small and really itchy blisters usually just the size of a pin head or a little bigger. Its just driving me insane. I've scrated that much during my sleep that i've broken the skin on my feet. I'm jsut so tired as i can't sleep with it. I've even started having showers in the middle of the night to try to ease it.

I haven't changed any products at home recently but one of my friends tells me she was like this with one of her pregnancies. I'm only 14 weeks so do i have to survive with this till full term.

Please has anyone else had this and what do you do to ease it.

Thanks for reading and i hope it all makes sense.

Grace xx

hun you def need to get it checked out as itching on hands and feet in pregnancy can be caused by a liver condition i cant remember what its called its something like obstetric cholistatis (SP?) there is a link on here somewhere will try and find it in a mo for you they need to do a blood test for it if its not that then it will prob be down to hormones i suffered all the way through my last pregnancy with it and have just started again on this pregnancy i have it on my arms legs feet and occasionally around my pubic area :oops: the doctor gave me some special stuff for the bath and a cream i had to use to wash with instead of soap products which i dont think helped that much other than that i had to get on with it :( xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks I think i'll phone a midwife tomorrow. Sounds like its way too early for this but its better to be safe. Haven't even had my booking in app at the hospital yet but a phone call won't hurt.

Thanks again.

Grace xx

Hun, I have had same itching a few years back. It was a virus in my body that I cought outside.. supposedly it flies in air and anyone can catch it. I was treated with a small dose of antibiotics and it cleared within three days.
Hope you get some answers tomorrow and you feel better soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back