Is worried about my baby

StaceFace

Reaction score
Hey there would just like to share that im worried about my baby I am 13 weeks and two days had my 12 week scan last wednesday everything is looking good so thats a good sign! The problem is I have type 1 Diabetes only got diagnosed in December so Im new to that my blood sugar keeps going to low or to high and sometimes I produce keytones (really bad). I have already been in and out of hospital a million times in the last 13 weeks been admitted twice I feel like I cant enjoy my pregnancy cause of worrying to much about what my diabetes is doing to the baby anybody else in this situation? Stacey x

Sorry hun, I can't help with your situation as have no experience of diabetes in pregnancy at all. You should come over to Tri 2 and try posting again there as there might be some ladies at the same stage of pregnancy who are in the same position as you xxx

Hi Stace... My younger sis is Type 1 diabetic and is mother to an energetic 4 year old. She too was in and out of hosputal every week while pregnant but she was fine. She was induced a month early as they said Diabetics have bigger babies but she went into labour and had natural birth all fine and child is not diabetic. Its natural to worry but I'm sure you abd baby will be fine x

Thanks so much for taking the time to post that makes me feel a bit better sometimes I need reassured dont actually know anyone else with Diabetes and that is pregnant alot of my friends are pregnant but there not diabetic so its hard for them to relate to how Im feeling thanks alot hun x x x x

A friend of mine had twins about 3 years ago and she is diabetic. She struggled a lot in later pregnancy with tiredness and was bed bound for the last few weeks. She ended up having a c section at 34 weeks partly because of her diabetes and partly because it was twins! Good luck with your pregnancy hun xx

Hi,
I am Type 1 Diabetic and had it for 24 years so like to think I know a fair amount about the condition!!! haha.

I have been TTC for 2 years but struggling :-( However, good news for you, I have had 2 years worth of pre Conception Councelling from my Obstetrician and Diabetic consultant and nurses!!!

Re your concern's though, it is completely normal to suffer out of the ordinary Highs and Lows whilst pregnant. You need to keep in regular contact with your Diabetic unit and check your bloods regular, especially checking for ketones. As long as you keep on top of it, you and baby will be fine.

You will have more scan's as a result of your Diabetes and as the weeks roll on, you will end up having weekly visits to your unit.

Hope that was at least a little helpful Hun?!

Em xxx

am i pregnant?? its trimester 2 you need to be on hun.

dont worry about getting it wrong we have all done it at some stage xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back