large baby advice please

-Betty-

Reaction score
Just been to see diabetic consultant. Had diabetes in last pg controlled by insulin.Santi was 7.12 when born.
I have perfect blood results. no diabetes as yet :cheer:

But i am 26 weeks and my bump is measuring 30 weeks. Any ideas why i am so big.
Thanks ladies :D

Hi ya,

There measurements aren't always spot on, did the MW not say anything when she measured you?

I am measuring two weeks ahead and MW said if I still measure two weeks ahead at next visit she will need to look into my sugar intake!!! x

hiya hun. You may just be predisposed to having big babies.

James was 10lb 2oz and this time round my baby was measuring 37 weeks at 30 weeks! :shock: I have had diabetes tests etc and all clear so the doc reckons i just make big babies!!

Dont rely too much on the actual tape measure measurements cos they can be out by quite a way and you may have a lot of fluid etc.

I know loads of people who have measured big and have gone on to have very normal sized babies.

If you do have a big baby then dont worry - theres just more to cuddle!!!
:hug: :hug:

Jen & Her Men said:
hiya hun. You may just be predisposed to having big babies.

James was 10lb 2oz and this time round my baby was measuring 37 weeks at 30 weeks! :shock: I have had diabetes tests etc and all clear so the doc reckons i just make big babies!!

Dont rely too much on the actual tape measure measurements cos they can be out by quite a way and you may have a lot of fluid etc.

I know loads of people who have measured big and have gone on to have very normal sized babies.

If you do have a big baby then dont worry - theres just more to cuddle!!!
:hug: :hug:

WOW!!! James was a big boy!!! What is your due date? x

DD is 20th March but i will be having an elective c section as i had an emergency c section with james due to his size. My c section date is the 6th March.

Looks like you've got a big healthy baby in there (rather you than me when it comes to labour) :lol: :wink:

My son was 9lb 4oz, and I didn't have the GTT with him as they never told me I needed one! :shock:

Having the test this time though, but I think I will be fine (think Marcus was just a big baby anyway seeing as I was 2 weeks over with him) but my consultant has said to go for a scan between 34 and 36 weeks to check how big this one is going to be and said they might try to deliver early if it is showing signs of being big or bigger as I had a very difficult labour with him and he got stuck by his shoulders :?

My sister had an 8lb (ish) with her first but was huge with her second. She had all the tests which came up clear and MW said most people either have loads of water or a big baby but 'you have both!'. Her second was a 10lb 13oz monster but it came out through the sunroof (phew) so all was well. Doesn't sound very helpful but what I'm saying is just because you are measuring big it doesn't mean to say anything it is diabetes, you might just be carrying loads of water rather than a big baby.

I personally am expecting a 10pounder, add the above with the fact that hubby, his brothers and all his niece's and nephews were over 10lb - it's not looking good for me! But nowt I can do about it apart from crack on with it :rotfl: . . . :shock: . . . . :rotfl: (that's hysterical laughter btw!)

oww im a pro on this...lol

Christopher was 10lbs 14.5oz at birth but the funny think was at 42 weks when i was induced i was measuring 42 weeks!!! so lets say delivery room was in shock when he was weighed..

this tike however when i was 21 weeks i was measuring 23..im now 22 weeks and measuring around 26weeks sooo im not sure what to think at the mo..MW said if im still measuring over next week ill be having a growth scan as im allready booked in for a GTT as routine as christophr was over 9lbs 12oz.

this baby is also a boy so looks like he to is heading to break the heaviest baby record like christopher did at our hospital :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

if i can help let me know xx

my sister measured big when she was expecting her son, and told to expect a big boy, but he was only 6lbs when he was born, she just carried a load of water!

maridunn said:
my sister measured big when she was expecting her son, and told to expect a big boy, but he was only 6lbs when he was born, she just carried a load of water!

Similar story here, my son was 7lb 2oz at 41 weeks. I take all this measurement guff with a pinch of salt. I even had extra growth scans that told me to expect a 10lber+. It's so far from an exact science and I won't lose any sleep over it this time.

My advice is to relax. Baby will be what they will be and you will cope just fine. Nothing you can do about it! :hug:

Like some of the others I was measuring small, 35 weeks at my 40 week appointment.

3 days later I gave birth to a 9lb 8oz baby so in my opinion fundal height measurements are not to be closely relied on.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back