is this true??

chezzabell

Reaction score
That you can eat eggs, runny eggs if the egg has the lion stamp on????

I dunno but if it is true i've been missing out!!! :evil:

Even when i was really sick i felt like eating poached egg on toast but didn't because i thought it was a no no.

Ive no idea hun tbh but ive always been making sure my eggs have been cooked well through before ive eaten them.

Carley1985 said:
I dunno but if it is true i've been missing out!!! :evil:

me too!!!!

i have a feeling its not true though, i will try google (and prob get 10000 different answers)

from the government food standards agency

Avoid eating raw eggs and food containing raw or partially-cooked eggs. Only eat eggs cooked enough for both the white and yolk to be solid. This is to avoid the risk of salmonella, which causes a type of food poisoning.

hhhmmm sorry baby chezza, just had to have egg and soilders yesterday :?

I've not really been sticking to the rules on this one :shhh: I LOVE runny eggs and my reckoning was I've never been poisoned by them before so what's the chance now? Plus, pregnant ladies have been eating runny eggs for years and we're still here. I think it's a little OTT to be honest, but that's just my opinion.

Well done for all of you with a stronger willpower than me though! I'm sure I'll end up paying the price in someway or another for my recklessness! x

i've only stopped eating them cos last time i did boiled eggs (cooked completely) and toast for lunch it triggered a horrible afternoon of 'morning' sickness, so i've been totally put off

LittleMe said:
I've not really been sticking to the rules on this one :shhh: I LOVE runny eggs and my reckoning was I've never been poisoned by them before so what's the chance now? Plus, pregnant ladies have been eating runny eggs for years and we're still here. I think it's a little OTT to be honest, but that's just my opinion.

Well done for all of you with a stronger willpower than me though! I'm sure I'll end up paying the price in someway or another for my recklessness! x

Yea thats my attitude hun :hug:

chezzabell said:
LittleMe said:

Yea thats my attitude hun :hug:

I'm glad it's not just me then! :) We can be 'sinners' together! :lol:

Argh, don't torture me with your stories of lovely golden runny eggs! :hands-over-ears emoticon:

:D

claire_louise said:
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now i really want boiled egg and toast for lunch :wall:
kaybee said:
Argh, don't torture me with your stories of lovely golden runny eggs! :hands-over-ears emoticon:

:D

sorry!!!!

LittleMe said:
I've not really been sticking to the rules on this one :shhh: I LOVE runny eggs and my reckoning was I've never been poisoned by them before so what's the chance now?

Exactly my thinking!!! As long as they are good quality eggs I have just been eating them as normal

I've not heard that one, but my midwife did state that I was not to eat any eggs unless throughly cooked. So I personally wouldn't eat them, stamp or no stamp....

But I wish I could...

Leana

carlyr874 said:
LittleMe said:
I've not really been sticking to the rules on this one :shhh: I LOVE runny eggs and my reckoning was I've never been poisoned by them before so what's the chance now?

Exactly my thinking!!! As long as they are good quality eggs I have just been eating them as normal

Am another sinner afraid. I think is ok as long as fresh/free range... They seem really casual about foods across the channel. Hence my excuse for sinning! :wink:

i cracked (so i speak) and had eggs for lunch

they very only a bit runny , and were well in date , i feel REALLY guilty now, its the first thing i've eaten that im not supposed to :cry:

claire_louise said:

they very only a bit runny , and were well in date , i feel REALLY guilty now, its the first thing i've eaten that im not supposed to :cry:

Aww don't feel guilty! You are fine! :hug: :hug:

claire_louise said:

Don't feel guilty. :hug:

I've broken the rules on this one all through my pregnancy so far. I cook my eggs so the white is not runny or clear which leaves the yolk a bit runny but not too runny if you know what I mean. I've done some research on the web and the chances of getting salmonella from shop bought eggs especially with the lion stamp is very low indeed. However, if your worried or not sure then its probably best to follow the advice of your midwife. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back