Just eaten an egg that wasn't cooked properly :(

cosmicgirl

Reaction score
I've just made myself egg on toast, I burst the yolk and cooked it on both sides. I thought I'd cooked it thoroughly but when I was half way through I noticed some egg white seeping onto the plate. I stopped eating it and binned it but now I'm getting paranoid. I may have eaten some raw egg (probably have).
Do you think it's a big risk? The eggs are fresh and free range with a lion stamp x

I'm sure you and bubs will be fine hun

XX

Agreed ^^^

It's a one off and you have not eaten loads so don't worry x

Thanks girls. Isn't it funny the way you I stanly start to feel unwell, paranoia alert x

I wouldnt worry - especially seeing as it had the lion stamp x

If they're lion stamped then they're salmonella free so you should be absolutely fine xx

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

I'm sure everything will be ok :) x

I agree with the others, if it was fresh and had the lion stamp you will be fine. I think it's really just eggs from hens which haven't been vaccinated against salmonella which might be a problem.
Found this on the british lion egg site...

"The British Lion food safety scheme has effectively eradicated salmonella from British eggs, which are now among the safest in the world."

You can sleep easy now chicken ;) xxx

I have had runny yolks a few times during this pregnancy and my baby is fine hun also had some pate today know i shouldn't have but hey my time is nearly over x

37 weeks pregnant. Team blue!

Thanks girls, I'm such a stress head these days. I was enjoying that too :( x

Crack on girl!! (sorry) Enjoy the next one instead x

I miss runny eggs, just not the same well cooked! x

I had runny eggs a few times while pg. the risk of salmonella from lion stamped eggs is very very small. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I had diarrhoea and stomach cramps at bed time, it was awful but I think it was coincidental. It seems to have gone now (thank god) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back