To runny egg or not

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by Belle23, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Belle23

Belle23 Well-Known Member

I am desperate to have a runny egg but so many things are saying u can't but if u got lion stamp u can what's everyone else done xx

2. Jayjay027

Jayjay027 Well-Known Member

I'm avoiding runny eggs or anything that might contain runny or uncooked eggs.
    I was eating celery sticks last night but was afraid to use the dip incase it was made with eggs lol. X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

3. weefoggy

weefoggy Well-Known Member

I had a lion stamped semi runny egg this morning to satisfy a craving! Last time I had one was Christmas and all was fine, as long as they are lion stamped then I am told it is ok. X

4. babyem

babyem Well-Known Member

I've had runny eggs, I love them! x

5. steffy

steffy Well-Known Member

I've had a couple of runny eggs whilst pregnant, i just cooked it for the extra min so that most of the yellow is runny x

6. mishi

mishi Well-Known Member

The reason it's recommended you avoid them is that if you catch salmonella from them it makes you very ill and this can be much worse when pregnant - if this leads to severe dehydration, which it can, then not good for you or baby.

I'm dying for a soft poached egg on toast but I'm choosing not to risk it - been ill enough already thanks!

7. Lou12

Lou12 Well-Known Member

I'm really wanting a runny egg too! I've said that's the first thing I'm going to have when the pip is here! I've just read it's a no no due to the risk of salmonella :(

8. leannesxb

leannesxb Well-Known Member

my mw said I could have runny eggs as long as they were lion stamped because they have been cleared of everything and the white was totally firm. xxxxxxxxx

9. Kirsty.Y.84

Kirsty.Y.84 Well-Known Member

I had one last night! And it was delicious! Have had 3 since being pregnant :) xx

10. Fordee

Fordee Well-Known Member

Regretfully not.
    My absolute favourite breakfast is soft poached eggs on toast. First breakfast post pregnancy, for sure!

11. babyem

babyem Well-Known Member

I've just had a runny egg now :)

12. Tara1985

Tara1985 Well-Known Member

Oops I have never heard of the no runny egg rule and feel bad now!!! I'm sure I'll be fine because the whites were cooked but even when I read guidelines on foods to avoid I never say no runny eggs. You can't do right from wrong....I really fancy one now lol x

13. dollface79

dollface79 Well-Known Member

You can not beat egg and soldiers! Oh i wish i had not come into this thread cos now i'm desperate for a nice runny egg and some bread to dunk.... curse the lot of you! ARGH!

14. Belle23

Belle23 Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry lol. If its any consolation it was gorgeous this morning xxx

15. Rachel1509

Rachel1509 Well-Known Member

As tempting as it is, I'm staying well away just in case.

I've managed to get to 35 weeks without having a runny egg, so may aswell go all the way.
    Something to look forward to once I've had LO :)

#15 Rachel1509, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  16. deedee84

deedee84 Well-Known Member

i think so long as they are lion stamped then all is ok, i've had runny eggs thru this pregnancy and when i was pregnant with DD and i've always been fine, the way i see it, i have never had salmonella from a runny yolk in all the years i've been eating them so the odds must be pretty low plus i always make sure the whites are fully cooked (cant eat a snotty egg anyway eugh :sick: lol) xx

17. FirstBabyEek

FirstBabyEek Well-Known Member

I've had salmonella from an egg a few years ago. Admittedly it wasnt in this country, so the food standards are not the same.

It's hideous, it lasts for weeks. Couldn't imagine going through that again let alone whilst being pregnant.

I know it's ok if they are lion stamped but I wouldn't want to risk it.
    Xx

18. x_PlaceboDanii

x_PlaceboDanii Well-Known Member

As much as i find eggs the most disgustingest things on the planet..I actually quite fancy some scrambled egg!..Why oh why lol! :S

19. bute69

bute69 Well-Known Member

I have avoided runny eggs all the way through my pregnancy. Even if I have a meal at the Supermarket will ask for hard fried egg and they're always very understanding. I also would love a runny boiled egg and toasted soldiers! Just not prepared to risk it.

20. pregpixie76

pregpixie76 Well-Known Member

ive had eggs with a soft yolk as people say as long as they are lion stamped they are fine and there is no need to avoid them.